News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Young

Rumble near the Jungle in February
« on: August 31, 2010, 09:11:16 PM »
This may be considered OT if so ..sorry....
Charlie and I are having a golf tourney in February and some on here have asked me to post since I don't have al the emails.  I STRESS this is not a Golf Course Architecture Golf tournament....there will be normal people there and a lot of real babes...so some of you may be uncomfortable....but there will be a dork room (not to be mistaken as darkroom)  for such discussions if needed....Anyway a few wanted the info and it is in the link here: 

http://campaign.constantcontact.com/render?v=001yP95GP3a5whq-uGSNrLgbySf_KZkYgXWd1aJMknC-egIEKI8EKQzOFdi7pIlDT2y7To-J7ZWogJOjLnyXUz0C6FS9kB96kKTN443NQWEZ36t26FAq90vpwD7lglg_ikPK8hisitSOqc%3D

Have invited a few architects but it was for the swim suit part of the program not discussions....

If this is too OT ask me and will delete....
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Anthony Gray

Re: Rumble near the Jungle in February
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 09:19:36 PM »

The swimsuit thing makes it legit.Have Amanda call me.

Anthony

Mike Cirba

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 10:22:43 PM »
Mike,

You should know very clearly by now that "GCA" and "Babes" don't mix, and despite a few very frustrated and clearly misguided architectural groupies I've come across over the years, generally ne'er the twain shall meat, if you catch my drift.

In that regard, please take you and Rymer's hedonistic, pagan exhibition somewhere else where it might be appreciated by young touring professionals spending too many hours on the road, and having thus lost their direction and morals, may see some value in your clearly sinful endeavor.

Please ask Ran to remove this abomination of a post, lest this site turn into a pillar of salt.

Thank you, thank you very kindly.

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 10:40:18 PM »
Mike - "Normal people" and "real babes"?  Please explain further.  What is this thing, "normal people"?  And "real babes" - is this an acronym of some sort, akin to NGLA?  Your information as provided does not compute -- there appears to be a promise of some kind of "fun" that does not involve discussions of golf course architecture. What kind of "fun" could this possibly be?  Knowing you, and with all due respect, it must involve some form of populist immorality, perhaps drinking, or even dancing! And this Charlie Rymer fellow - a "good time Charlie" no doubt (at least in your eyes).  Why must he be invited too?  Is he able to discuss the philosophy of design in minute detail like I can? Will he bore your guests to tears like I would? Highly unlikely, I say! Well, off with you then, and good riddance -- go ahead and take your fin de siecle hedonists and "normal people"  and "real babes" to whatever warm, breezy tropical paradise and beautiful golf course and den of iniquity you chose, but don't think for one moment that you'll be having "fun" there!!  With you anti-intellectual stance and swaggering ways, I would be most surpised if you even knew the meaning of the word!!  

Peter

« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 10:45:21 PM by PPallotta »

Bill_McBride

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 11:19:39 PM »
Charlie may tell the DD joke to anyone interested.  This sounds like a lot of fun at a reasonable price.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 07:58:34 AM »
Mike,

You should know very clearly by now that "GCA" and "Babes" don't mix, and despite a few very frustrated and clearly misguided architectural groupies I've come across over the years, generally ne'er the twain shall meat, if you catch my drift.

In that regard, please take you and Rymer's hedonistic, pagan exhibition somewhere else where it might be appreciated by young touring professionals spending too many hours on the road, and having thus lost their direction and morals, may see some value in your clearly sinful endeavor.

Please ask Ran to remove this abomination of a post, lest this site turn into a pillar of salt.

Thank you, thank you very kindly.

MikeC you've been married way to long.Chicks dig the longball.Put your shirt on on your facebook picture and please join us in Costa Rica for a great time.

Anthony

Bill Gayne

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 08:51:11 PM »
This is my favorite thread of the year. All posts made me smile and in some cases I laughed.

Lynn_Shackelford

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 11:13:01 AM »
This is a good golf course and a fine hotel.  One could study the 10th hole for hours determining the best way to play it.  The beaches are world class for after golf cooling.

Anthony, be very careful, prostitution is legal in Costa Rica.  I had an old golfing mate at Riviera, got a divorce, went to Costa Rica and now lives there where he owns a hotel in Tamarindo.  You should hook up with him, you guys would have a good time.
It must be kept in mind that the elusive charm of the game suffers as soon as any successful method of standardization is allowed to creep in.  A golf course should never pretend to be, nor is intended to be, an infallible tribunal.
               Tom Simpson

Anthony Gray

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 11:20:32 AM »
This is a good golf course and a fine hotel.  One could study the 10th hole for hours determining the best way to play it.  The beaches are world class for after golf cooling.

Anthony, be very careful, prostitution is legal in Costa Rica.  I had an old golfing mate at Riviera, got a divorce, went to Costa Rica and now lives there where he owns a hotel in Tamarindo.  You should hook up with him, you guys would have a good time.

I knew my spanish would pay off for me at some.

Anthony

Garland Bayley

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 11:29:59 AM »
Anthony,

Are you taking MOM? You know that babe-ilicious mother of yours!
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Anthony Gray

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 11:35:30 AM »
Anthony,

Are you taking MOM? You know that babe-ilicious mother of yours!

She hasn't approved of some things lately.

Anthony

Anthony Gray

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 12:17:59 PM »

Will Mike Young be playing tennis with any chicks.

Anthony

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 08:36:54 PM »
Mike Young - the best price I can find for airfare into LIR is around $700. Is that what I should expect... or, should I keep looking?
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Bill_McBride

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2010, 08:50:12 PM »
Mike Young - the best price I can find for airfare into LIR is around $700. Is that what I should expect... or, should I keep looking?

Best I found was $750 so you are ahead!

Mike_Young

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 11:05:04 AM »
Mike and Bill,

I have found that booking this far out often is a higher fee and then they begin to come down closer to the time....also check the Jet Blue and try the flights into San Jose and take a Sansa flight out to the course....the Sansa flight will land at the small airstrip about 2 miles from the resort....  I would think if you watch you can find fares in the mid five hundreds....

"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

JC Jones

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010, 11:47:45 AM »

Bill,

I knew you'd be going as soon as I found out Anthony was going to be there. ;D
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2010, 02:31:43 PM »

Bill,

I knew you'd be going as soon as I found out Anthony was going to be there. ;D

I am WAY up in the air unfortunately, with the Bandon Dunes Kings Putter the following month and few signs of life in the construction bidness.....   :o >:(   How am I expected to support my habit, huh??

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 07:36:01 PM »
Well, "the greens are among the best in Costa Rica" is probably not the best one-liner I've heard recently :)

Ulrich
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back