News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Garland Bayley

Re: Best course you've critiqued but never played or seen......
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2010, 07:36:57 PM »
I could answer ANGC, but that would mean I would have to admit it was good.  ;D
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Joe Bausch

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2010, 07:51:16 PM »
Dear Mike,

MGC.

Sincerely,

D and T
----------------------

@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Wade Schueneman

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2010, 08:13:47 PM »
I'll second Pine Valley.  I cannot count how many hours I spent looking through photos, reading reviews (in books and online) talking to friends about their rounds, etc.  I think my favorite part of the study was trying to study the 2nd green complex.  It is shocking that what may be one of the world's greatest green sights is very little talked about (or photographed).  I have spent a lot of time trying to get photos of that green from every angle.

When one of my friends was invited to play there last May by Mr. Ransom (the former club president) I offered to travel with him as his personal looper.  He understandably turned me down, but I informed him that he missed an opportunity to be a legend.  The man who brought his own bagman all the way from Georgia for a casual round at Pine Valley.  Too bad!

Mike_Young

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2010, 08:14:05 PM »
Dear Mike,

MGC.

Sincerely,

D and T
----------------------

good ;)
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Bill Gayne

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2010, 08:20:49 PM »
Long Shadow. Never been there but it's minimalism at it's best with incrediblre strategy from the left side of the fairway and the right side of the tee box. The other side sucks. I'm only judging by pictures I've seen on golf websites and what others have posted.

Mike_Young

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2010, 08:48:39 PM »
Long Shadow. Never been there but it's minimalism at it's best with incrediblre strategy from the left side of the fairway and the right side of the tee box. The other side sucks. I'm only judging by pictures I've seen on golf websites and what others have posted.

oooooh.....

Carl Rogers

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2010, 09:13:39 PM »
I could answer ANGC, but that would mean I would have to admit it was good.  ;D
Many, include me, have an opinion about ANGC because of its 'familiarity' through the tube all these years.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2010, 09:35:47 PM »

I had a wife like that one time.From one angle she look good,but from the other angle not so much.So as life immitates golf...I stopped playing her because "the other side sucked".

Anthony

Mike_Young

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2010, 09:40:59 PM »

I had a wife like that one time.From one angle she look good,but from the other angle not so much.So as life immitates golf...I stopped playing her because "the other side sucked".

Anthony

Anthony,
You should have two spaces after the period at the end of the first sentence....cut the crap...ok ;D

Anthony Gray

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2010, 09:45:45 PM »

Anthony

Anthony,
You should have two spaces after the period at the end of the first sentence....cut the crap...ok ;D

It is the first time I've heard that if you cut a course down the middle one side is great but the other side sucks. I am confused. How many courses fall into this catagory? May be time for a new thread. "Course Discection....which side sucks?".

Anthony

Mike_Young

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2010, 10:00:35 PM »
Anthony,
You have mispelled the word "dissection"....please clean up the act.... :o

Anthony Gray

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2010, 10:12:28 PM »
Anthony,

fAIR ENOUGH...PLEASE CLEAN UP THE LEFT SIDE OF lONGSHADDOW FOR THE hOOKERS.

arG

Mike_Young

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2010, 10:24:00 PM »
Anthony,

fAIR ENOUGH...PLEASE CLEAN UP THE LEFT SIDE OF lONGSHADDOW FOR THE hOOKERS.

arG
Mr Gray,
Since you cannot spell or use proper typing skills...I have decided that Longshadow is OT...got that?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back