News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John_Conley

Re: Pros Speak about Old White
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2010, 06:36:39 PM »
Overall scoring not as low as I would have thought but Appleby pulled through for me.

When I saw how many guys were flirting with the 50s my mind raced to, "who was it that said there would be a 59 this week?" 

Great call!

RJ_Daley

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2010, 07:07:55 PM »
John, I think they are replaying highlights on TGC tonight.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

John Moore II

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2010, 07:14:49 PM »
John, I think they are replaying highlights on TGC tonight.

Yeah, I know, but that'd be like watching the NASCAR race when I know Greg Biffle won the race. I'll watch anyway, but it won't be nearly the same as if I saw it live.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2010, 09:05:04 PM »
JKM,

You want to see a 59 live? Just go shoot one. That way you won't have to wait to see on tape replay.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

John Moore II

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2010, 09:15:39 PM »
JKM,

You want to see a 59 live? Just go shoot one. That way you won't have to wait to see on tape replay.

Well, you see, when you can strike your ProV-1 with your oversized, hot faced titanium driver as far and straight as I can and then follow that up with a very high soft landing wedge (struck with a wedge that has deep, box grooves, mind you) that settles down within inches of the cup (and even goes in 3 or 4 times a round) and make putts with my large headed mallet belly putter, 59 becomes something of a bad round. Personally I haven't shot over 55 in any of my previous 25 rounds. 59, puh, thats not impressive.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2010, 10:11:16 PM »
Just think what score might have been had, if the field was the same as they had at Memorial, or next week's Bridgestone!  :o

I'm still not able to get my head around JB hitting it 359 into rough and putting a 9iron on green from 224 with not all that much wind.  That ain't right!  It ain't human, I tell ya.... :o ::)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2010, 10:14:01 PM »
... into rough and putting a 9iron on green from 224 ...

But it was a flier Dick! Now that should make it all better!
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Randy Thompson

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2010, 10:32:38 PM »
I will be surprised if the winning score is not -25 or better and 60 is broken at least once.
Congrats..one 59 and one 60 and 22 under..not bad great call

Jim Nugent

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2010, 12:48:05 AM »
How hard is Old White for touring pros, compared to other CBM/Raynor courses? 

Also, did the pros enjoy the course, hitting wedge into so many greens? 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back