News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Hendren

Belvedere Golf Club Hickory Tournament Photos
« on: July 26, 2010, 08:31:06 PM »
Fellow treehouse member Chris DeNigris and I played the sporty Belvedere Golf Club last year prior to the Kingsley Club event.  We finished our early morning round in time to see the hickory tournament participants off the first tee.  A few photographs (apologies for not knowing how to reduce the size):

From behind the quirky 16th green looking back:

The 16th from front right - miss right and the ball feeds 30 yards away.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 08:48:19 PM by Michael_Hendren »
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Peter Pallotta

Re: Belvedere Golf Club Hickory Tournament Photos
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 08:59:10 PM »
Thanks, Michael. I never get tired ot seeing pictures of lovely Belvedere - and the sharp looking gents would've done Walter Hagen proud.

I've played a few new courses built on former, gently roamning farming.  Granted, none had the undulations of Belvedere (or of my new favourite Plainfield), but still -- it's where the rubber hits the road when it comes to a fundamental change from the old days, i.e. not one of those modern courses thought an elegant, containment-mounding-free course was good enough.

Peter

JC Jones

Re: Belvedere Golf Club Hickory Tournament Photos
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 10:35:04 PM »
Bogey,

You weren't up there this weekend were you?

Is this from last year?  I recall there being a Hickory event at Belvedere during the Kingsley event last summer but there most certainly wasn't one there last weekend.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back