News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill Satterfield

Eastern Idaho Dream 18
« on: July 22, 2010, 04:20:06 PM »
Two years ago as I was planning a trip back to Minnesota with my Dad I came across a website where a local golf professional and sports writer tackled the Twin Cities 18 best holes (from 16 courses) all in one day (http://www.twincities.com/ci_5530920?nclick_check=1).  Crazy golf stuff like that inspires me, so I put my own Eastern Idaho Dream 18 together.  We picked one hole from the 10 public courses on the trail and two holes from the four private courses and had it all add up to a par 72.  I contacted the local TV station anchor and he went with us for the day and it doing a short segment on each hole for the next 18 days.  After each 10:00 show he will add a clip at towards the bottom of this link where you can watch the video of that day's hole.  I'm looking forward to tonights clip (from Riverside Golf Course) because I end up taking a birdie on the hole.  Kinda fun if you want to check it out and track our adventure over the next three weeks. 

http://www.kpvi.com/story.php?id=23373&n=15210

John Moore II

Re: Eastern Idaho Dream 18
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 04:36:30 PM »
Very interesting. The one I have played is the 8th at Pinecrest. Can you describe that hole for me, I really can't recall that hole. I do recall the 4th, with the fairway that sweeps to the left and a few others, but 8 does not stick out in my mind.

Is the hole from Teton Lakes from the new nine out there?

Hopefully one day I will make it to the other courses around Idaho Falls, not a totally unreasonable idea given that my wife's family lives right between there and Rexburg where Teton Lakes is located.

Bill Satterfield

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 01:17:49 AM »
#8 at Pinecrest is a dogleg left with a fairway that slopes to the right.  A pair of bunkers protect the front of the green and the front 1/3 of the green slides hard back toward the fairway.  You have to control the shape of your shot on the tee and the spin of your ball on the approach - I like it quite a bit.

We did play a hole from the new 9 at Teton Lakes.  It was the first time I had seen any of the new holes.  Since I had never played the new nine I had to ask the pro which hole he wanted to feature.  He selected a double dogleg par 5 that features a half-blind tee shot.

John Moore II

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 01:16:33 PM »
I do recall that hole now, the green anyway. I will have to make it out there again sometime.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back