News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Anthony Butler

First Lady of Tasmania needs new Talking points:
« on: July 19, 2010, 11:18:14 AM »
As Jeff Lebowski said: "You're not a golfer, are you?"

http://www.newyorker.com/talk/2010/07/26/100726ta_talk_mead

500 words and nary a mention of Barnbougle Dunes or Lost Farm.
Next!

Tom_Doak

Re: First Lady of Tasmania needs new Talking points:
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 12:34:43 PM »
No, but the article did use the phrase "Renaissance men" so they managed to refer to it in code, anyway.

I haven't met the current Premier.  The previous one was a keen golfer and was instrumental in giving grants to help the golf course go ahead.  Perhaps, if the new leader is from the other party, they are not so keen to acknowledge his successes.

Anthony Butler

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 01:03:37 PM »
No, but the article did use the phrase "Renaissance men" so they managed to refer to it in code, anyway.

I haven't met the current Premier.  The previous one was a keen golfer and was instrumental in giving grants to help the golf course go ahead.  Perhaps, if the new leader is from the other party, they are not so keen to acknowledge his successes.

Tom,

I wouldn't worry too much about that.. with the current turnover of political leaders in Australia, your developer friends will no doubt be buttering up someone else in a few months time... What's more distressing is we have not had a Prime Minister seen on the links since Bob Hawke.

arb:

Next!

Neil_Crafter

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 06:16:48 PM »
Tom
The current Tas premier is David Bartlett and from the same party as the one you referred to. Labor, although they are in a coalition with the Greens after the last election.

Anthony
If I remember correctly John Howard used to play some golf over his Xmas holidays on the NSW coast. Don't imagine Rudd would know which end of the club to hold, same for Julia Gillard.

B. Mogg

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 08:32:54 PM »
Tom
The current Tas premier is David Bartlett and from the same party as the one you referred to. Labor, although they are in a coalition with the Greens after the last election.

Anthony
If I remember correctly John Howard used to play some golf over his Xmas holidays on the NSW coast. Don't imagine Rudd would know which end of the club to hold, same for Julia Gillard.

I am sure if you stuck Rudd and Gilliard in a room with a golf club one of them would work out which end to hold pretty darn quickly. My money would be on Gilliard!

Neil_Crafter

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 11:03:05 PM »
Julia would break the head off and spear the shaft into Kevin's back......oh wait, she's already done that!

Anthony Butler

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 04:09:53 AM »
Anthony

Hard to imagine John Howard hitting the links... the only casual clothes I ever saw him in was that god-awful tracksuit when he was on his morning speed walks.

At least he never became a 'golf tragic' like the rest of us.  arb:
Next!

Richard Chamberlain

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 04:25:07 AM »
I think Howard used to play a little golf at Avondale in Sydney.

Terry Thornton

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 07:03:23 AM »

Correct (as always)

Anthony Butler

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 11:22:29 AM »
Avondale? A course that's a perfect match for Howard's personality... tight, unremarkable.

arb:
Next!

Andrew Summerell

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 05:10:38 PM »
Avondale? A course that's a perfect match for Howard's personality... tight, unremarkable.

arb:

Yeah, & if you turn up univited, you get turned around, quick smart!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back