News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jud_T

Re: Cleveland or Miami? Lebron has got to know!
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2010, 02:27:01 PM »
When you guys go 102 years without a title, then you can whine.  Until then us Cubs fans still have the pathetic loser bragging rights.... :-\
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Phil McDade

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2010, 02:32:43 PM »
When you guys go 102 years without a title, then you can whine.  Until then us Cubs fans still have the pathetic loser bragging rights.... :-\

Jud:

See, this is where you Chicago guys (and I was born there, so I feel some of this...) get it all wrong. Most sports fans are sports fans, not one-sport fans. Oh sure, you may bleed more for the Cubs than the Bears, but I'm guessing if you're a sports fan and live in Chicago, you've rejoiced with other sports fans over the recent success of the Blackhawks, and the Sox (maybe not ;D), and the Jordan-era Bulls, and even Payton's Bears.

1964 -- that's the measuring stick for anyone else wanting to make the argument with Cleveland sports fans. Forty-six years and counting -- no World Series titles, no Super Bowl appearances, no NBA titles, nada. And many close encounters......

JLahrman

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2010, 02:33:04 PM »

Cincinnati fans understand it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTpuCIT9rZg

Ha, ha, a classic.  I used to love old Sam Wyche.  They weren't even playing the Browns when he said that.

Carr Harris

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2010, 02:37:36 PM »
Phil,

Your post proves the point that history is the propaganda of the victors. So you are saying that the Cavs, who had won 75 of their previous 80 home games, just happened to start losing playoff home games by 30 to an ancient Celtics team because Lebron's secondary cast all of the sudden wasn't good enough? Nice rationale.

As a seaon ticket holder for the Cavs since the 2000-2001 season, i feel as thought I have a much better feel for Lebron's game than just about anyone else on this board. He quit, Pure and simple.

As far as the "woe is me" comment, I have no idea what you are talking about. I said very plainly in my post that he is free to do what he wants, but that there are very real consequences to one's actions. He gets what he gets.

Btw, congrats on seeing Brain Sipe in person, that gives you such credibility

Phil McDade

« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2010, 02:53:24 PM »
Carr:

There's a big difference between regular-season games and playoff games. The Cavs were a nice team capable of winning a lot of games during the regular season but one with several faulty parts -- LeBron being the least of them.

I'm just surprised to see such bitterness eminating from Cleveland fans, and there is no other way to interpret this -- "he fully deserves his newfound status as a man without a home" -- as anything other than bitter, sour grapes.

LeBron strikes me as a fairly honest guy with -- big surprise for a world-class athlete -- an over-inflated ego who wants to win championships, and doesn't see the odds of that getting any better with Cleveland. You think he's a quitter. I don't think he was particularly well-served by a franchise that, face it, might have been located elsewhere by now if Cleveland didn't get lucky with the #1 pick several years ago.

Jud_T

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2010, 02:58:40 PM »
When you guys go 102 years without a title, then you can whine.  Until then us Cubs fans still have the pathetic loser bragging rights.... :-\

Jud:

See, this is where you Chicago guys (and I was born there, so I feel some of this...) get it all wrong. Most sports fans are sports fans, not one-sport fans. Oh sure, you may bleed more for the Cubs than the Bears, but I'm guessing if you're a sports fan and live in Chicago, you've rejoiced with other sports fans over the recent success of the Blackhawks, and the Sox (maybe not ;D), and the Jordan-era Bulls, and even Payton's Bears.

1964 -- that's the measuring stick for anyone else wanting to make the argument with Cleveland sports fans. Forty-six years and counting -- no World Series titles, no Super Bowl appearances, no NBA titles, nada. And many close encounters......

Phil,

I understand your point and I'm not trying to diminish the anguish of long suffering Cleveland fans, but for us diehards on a scale of 1-10 I'd personally rate the following Championships on the emotional richter scale as:

White Sox 1
Blackhawks 2
Bulls 4
Bears 5
Cubs 11

There are nice teams with some fun series to follow and then there's the mother of all victories!!!! :'( :'(
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 03:46:53 PM by Jud Tigerman »
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Carr Harris

« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2010, 03:02:43 PM »
Phil,

We agree to disagree then. No harm in that.

Maybe if I'd just seen Steve Dunning play in person, I would understand better

J/K  ;)

Phil McDade

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2010, 03:07:34 PM »
Jud:

So I take it you and Steve Bartman aren't golfing partners. ;D

JC Jones

« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2010, 03:46:06 PM »
Eric,

Mateen has the flattest shot in the history of basketball.  It looks like he's shooting a gun!!

He is no Mike Penney.

(cue Phil McDade)

That would be Kirk Penney. Both he and Mateen were All Big Ten players during their careeers. The thing is, Mateen had loads of talent, and a natural position to play as well, and Penney made himself into a very good basketball player as an in-between 6'-5" guard/forward.

Must've been the superior coaching Penney got in college. ;D

(P.S. How many Olympic squads did Mateen make? Fewer than Penney :D)

As you know, Penney had a great coach in Bennett.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Jud_T

« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2010, 03:47:52 PM »
Jud:

Don't get me started.  I was at that game not too far away from that fiasco.....

Phil McDade

« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2010, 04:14:57 PM »
Jud:

Don't get me started.  I was at that game not too far away from that fiasco.....

I can top that: I have, willed to me, a baseball from the last World Series game ever played at Wrigley Field.

George Pazin

« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2010, 04:32:14 PM »
Hmmmm, a guarantee that you can take to the bank...Can almost see the season ticket holders taking that rather literally...

I'm always disappointed to see a guy leave his team, but I also rarely hold it against him. Seems like most people are ticked about the TV special - I heard somewhere the ad revenue was being donated to charity. To each his own.

Browns can't win as long as the Stillers still have eligible players, which admittedly is somewhat in doubt... :)
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Jud_T

« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2010, 04:36:47 PM »
Jud:

I can top that: I have, willed to me, a baseball from the last World Series game ever played at Wrigley Field.

WOW! I may have to swing by with a good bottle of wine and drool over it someday!  ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back