News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

John_Conley

Re: College courses - NCAA brackets
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2002, 08:09:21 AM »
Paul:

Illinois gets whomped in the Sweet Sixteen by Stanford, even if it gets past Florida.  

I was trying to hear who people thought would win once we got down to the Final Four.  Some good contenders, although the South region itself is just as tight.

Mr. Daley:

I didn't know Champions was a Creighton University course, but it doesn't change anything much.  The site didn't look very interesting on TV when the Buy.com Tour played there and Creighton would meet the same fate as Florida or Illinois - getting drilled by Stanford's truly great course in the third round.

You bring up an interesting little opening round matchup with Florida and Creighton with the winner playing U of Illinois, which evidently has two courses.  I do not know if San Diego State has a golf course.

Regardless, Stanford is the heavy in the Midwest.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »

THuckaby2

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2002, 08:21:15 AM »
Hey guys, I was just trying to make this a bit more interesting, that's all!  So very few colleges actually have on-campus courses, it makes for a pretty small tourney.  Add in courses near to campus, where the golf team plays (and that's all I did) and it makes for better competition.

JC: no, San Diego State does not have a golf course.  Urban campus.

Too bad Yale lost in that Ivy league playoff or we'd REALLY have something to talk about!

TH

Mike_Sweeney

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2002, 02:34:50 PM »
In the old days the NIT dwarfed the NCAA tournament, and Yale beat Rutgers in the NIT for its first postseason win ever in basketball. Rutgers has a golf course, but I hear it is pretty basic.

David Wigler

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2002, 04:35:06 PM »
I know this is a little off the subject, but when playing recently Mr. Huckaby informed me the Gonzaga was terribly overrated and would get stomped by Wyoming.  I thought at the time that this guy may be able to hit a tee shot into the fairway one-handed and blindfolded (Tom does not miss fairways) but obviously does not know basketball.  Boy I wish I had listened and knew a bookie.  That little tidbit could have paid for the Boondoggle at Barona.
And I took full blame then, and retain such now.  My utter ignorance in not trumpeting a course I have never seen remains inexcusable.
Tom Huckaby 2/24/04

John_Conley

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2002, 08:22:30 PM »
The 'zags and Pepperdine play in a very lowly conference with Santa Clara, Loyola Marymount, St. Mary's, and a few other sorry teams.  I reckon he only gave that tip based on the observation that his school probably gave them a game at some point.  ;)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back