News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matt_Davenport

Interesting Article posted re:Shawnee
« on: June 24, 2010, 11:07:10 PM »

I know there was discussion recently about the prospect of renovation at Shawnee with Tom Doak responding that it was on-hold. Below is a link to a posted article on the subject of a possible renovation.

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/golf-travel-insider/shawnee-inn-golf-resort-ne-pennsylvania-classic-37790/

Richard Hetzel

Re: Interesting Article posted re:Shawnee
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 07:42:59 AM »
So, in order to play the original Tillie 18, you really all have to play all 27? Diddle appears to be everywhere, especially here in the Midwest! The next time I am passing through I will give it a shot. Water Gapp CC was extremely fun, I bet this one is as well.
Best Played So Far This Season:
Crystal Downs CC (MI), The Bridge (NY), Canterbury GC (OH), Lakota Links (CO), Montauk Downs (NY), Sedge Valley (WI)

Mike Cirba

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 08:48:26 AM »
Matt/Rich,

In its present state, one would have to perform a seance to play more than a small handful of Tillinghast holes at today's Shawnee.

Diddle's work wasn't so much adding 9 holes amongst Tilly's 18, but obliterating the 18 to make 27.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 08:43:14 AM »
The possible Doak restoration of the original 18 at Shawnee is probably on hold from what I understand. Hurricane Irene and other rain storms have flooded the course twice so far this season and another heavy rain of 3" +  is forecast for today and tomorrow.

Perhaps more info will be forthcoming from the Tillinghast Society's meeting there next week as they celebrate the 100th anniversary of Shawnee.

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 10:32:14 PM »
I received this email from the Tillinghast Ass'n:

TILLINGHAST MEETING CANCELLED

We regret to inform you that the Tillinghast Hickory Classic at Shawnee has been cancelled.

Unfortunately the golf course has not fully recovered from damage caused by Hurricane Irene and Management has informed us that the course will not be playable in time for this event.

We will be rescheduling this event sometime next year and will announce the new date later this year.

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back