News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dan Herrmann

Re: Cabot Links update
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2010, 06:37:15 PM »
Let's see - it's about a 9 hour drive from Philly to Bangor...  Get on ME9, into NB....

Can't wait!

Matthew Schulte

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2010, 08:27:35 PM »
Ben:

It looks amazing.  Having only the slightest clue as to how much has gone into this, I am thrilled for all of you that you are getting so close to realizing a dream! 

Best of luck the rest of the way.
Matt

Jud_T

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 08:56:16 PM »
It's amazing how Mike Kieser seems to pop up out of thin air at all the hot up-and-coming links courses around the globe.   I think he secretly has one of those Star Trek transporter pods stashed in a back room set to "Firm&Fast".......ENERGIZE!
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2010, 09:33:52 PM »
Ahh, Jud...just pay attention...no thin air involved...the man is a visionary, plain and simple.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

JC Jones

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2010, 09:42:19 PM »
It's amazing how Mike Kieser seems to pop up out of thin air at all the hot up-and-coming links courses around the globe.   I think he secretly has one of those Star Trek transporter pods stashed in a back room set to "Firm&Fast".......ENERGIZE!

Shocking that the UM grad comes up with the Star Trek reference.  Shocking.

Jud,

Pick up Dream Golf and read it.  Tremendous book that does a good job of articulating Mike Kieser's vision.  A vision he seems very capable of bringing to fruition.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2010, 10:04:49 PM »
i before e except after K !
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Adam Clayman

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2010, 11:29:48 PM »
Adam,

Wait till they post the picture of the golf hole with the Ocean and Harbor in the back round.  That will get your attention.

Jim, I believe I have that picture here at my house. It is a beauty. It arrived in the mail, and I instantly (instinctively) knew it was Cabot.

BTW, I just signed up to see some of your work at that course, down south, you were headed to when we last met. Very excited, indeed.

Hope you are well and if you are anywhere near home, come out for a visit. I'll be there all week (Tuesday-Thursday) competing in the first Ballybowl. Ne. members v. Co. members.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Ben Cowan-Dewar

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2010, 06:52:57 PM »
Ben:

It looks amazing.  Having only the slightest clue as to how much has gone into this, I am thrilled for all of you that you are getting so close to realizing a dream! 

Best of luck the rest of the way.
Matt

Matt and others,
Thank you for the kind words, it is a pretty exciting time and we are all really enjoying the process.

I will try to get some photo updates shortly and hopefully a few of the GCAers who have and will be touring soon will do the same!

Ben

JC Urbina

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2010, 12:21:50 AM »
Adam,

When I walked over to the 6th hole? at Cabot Links,  I was floored by the Beauty and very intrigued by the hole that Rod was going to design and build.  I walked up past the green with Rod to get a better look at the topography behind the green and said quietly to myself that this hole maybe better then the proclaimed original that it reminded me of.

I felt a little weird the first day I was on site and even said to Mike that this was really new ground that I was treading on.  Walking a site with other golf designers/ builders and seeing first hand without having to say one flipping word about the design.  I just simply soaked up the land and digested what Rod was designing on the coastal property I was stomping around on.  What was really interesting was watching Dave Axland work with Rod almost like they had been together forever.   A very professional group of guys.

Very enlightening for me and thought to myself I should have spent more time hanging around other design teams in years past.  For the very reason you see old pictures of Max Behr and Mackenzie hanging out or Thomas and Bell chumming around in L.A..  They enjoyed each others company for the most part.  I still have the picture of Ross and Mackenzie at Claremont toasting a pint of beer at Claremont C.C on my wall.  I am sure other designers of that time did the same I just focused out west.

BTW
Let me know what you think after your visit.

Brett_Morrissy

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2010, 09:12:49 AM »
anyone tell me why are cannot see the images on this page on my browser?
@theflatsticker

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back