News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeff Shelman

Congrats to GCAer Bruce Leland
« on: June 16, 2010, 04:14:36 PM »
His daughter Maggie shot 69 today to win the Minnesota Class 3A state title with a record 36-hole score of 143.

I'm guessing that Bruce will soon get to return to the course with clubs instead of just watching.

Good work.

Mac Plumart

Re: Congrats to GCAer Bruce Leland
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 07:02:26 PM »
That is great...congrats!!
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Dave_Miller

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 07:56:34 PM »
His daughter Maggie shot 69 today to win the Minnesota Class 3A state title with a record 36-hole score of 143.

I'm guessing that Bruce will soon get to return to the course with clubs instead of just watching.

Good work.

Congratulations to Maggie and to Bruce.  Great going
Fairways and Greens
Dave

Michael Taylor

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 09:26:24 PM »
 :) :)

Great job Maggie and Bruce.  ;D

Dan Kelly

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 09:54:18 PM »
Bravissima, Maggie! (Well watched, Bruce!)

Dan
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Phil McDade

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 11:26:21 PM »
Bruce:

Congrats! As one who competed in high school athletics, and now has watched my son compete as well, I think the latter is much more nerve-wracking than the former. Best to you and your family!

Bruce Leland

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 10:18:08 AM »
Thanks to all!  Sorry for the late reply....grad parties galore this year and, of course, more golf tournaments for Maggie.  It is special to watch your children achieve their dreams. Nerve wracking indeed but it was a great couple of days at Bunker Hills in Coon Rapids, MN.  The course was in great shape, greens were a bit receptive due to recent rains and looked like they were rolling a smooth 11.

The most gratifying part of the experience for me was to see the outpouring of genuine support and happiness directed at Maggie by her peers.  We have a number of very talented players in MN High School Golf, most of whom are her friends.

Thank you all for your kind words.

Bruce Leland
"The mystique of Muirfield lingers on. So does the memory of Carnoustie's foreboding. So does the scenic wonder of Turnberry and the haunting incredibility of Prestwick, and the pleasant deception of Troon. But put them altogether and St. Andrew's can play their low ball for atmosphere." Dan Jenkins

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back