News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

PCCraig

All:

Building off the other thread on Shepherd's Crook, I thought it could be fun to get a couple, or few, groups of Chicago GCAers together up there on Saturday, June 26th. I was thinking we could start tee times around noon when the rate is $42 to walk. Perhaps if others are up for it we could even grab dinner afterward at my favorite pizza place in Chicago, the Silo in Lake Bluff afterwards :)

Let me know if anyone is interested in joining and I can call the course to make a few times. I'll keep this post updated with those signed up.

Players signed up so far:
Patrick Craig
Jeff Shelman
Chris Flamion
Sven Nilsen
Dan Moore
Jud Tigerman

Maybe:
Shivas*

*Depending on exact tee times, preferably early. 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 10:37:00 AM by Pat Craig »
H.P.S.

Jud_T

I can do it if you can play a bit earlier as I have a dinner downtown that night....maybe aroud 10?
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Link Walsh

You know, I'm going to be up in Chicago a week before that visiting family.  I won't be able to make it on the 26th, but I might try to get my dad and brother to go try out Shepherd's Crook based upon all of the positive feedback about the course.  We played Thunderhawk a few years ago, so maybe I can convince them to try Shepherd's Crook instead.  Sorry I can't make it, but thanks anyway.   

Phil McDade

Pat:

Have been wanting to get down there, but that's the weekend our family will be marrying off our niece in Minnesota. Thanks for organizing; maybe a fall outing as well?

PThomas

i cant do the 26th due to a wedding...but i could do the 19th i think..if others who cant do the 26th but are free the 19th pls IM me and maybe we can set something up if we get enough takers
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Andrew Lewis

I also would love to join, but will be out of town the weekend of 6/26.

As with Paul, I could make the 19th work and probably even the 20th...

Zack Molnar

I wish I could make it but I wont be moving up til July 1st. I would absolutely be interested in another outing any time after that though. Have fun!

Matt OBrien

Better make room for John Winnick and his 8 friends........

PCCraig

Paul / Andrew -

I personally can't make the 19th as I'll be out of town, but you guys are welcome to set something up yourselves.

Zach -

Anytime...feel free to shoot me an PM if you're looking for a game. Good luck with the move!
H.P.S.

Sven Nilsen

Bump to see if we have a quorum.  Count me in.

Perhaps we can drag Jim Colton out of his retirement from Chicagoland golf.  He needs to see the course again so he can have reason to bump it up from last place in his Illinois ranking.  I'm also pretty sure he could drive the first three greens.
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

Jim Colton

Re: Chicago GCA Mini-Outing at Shepherd's Crook in Zion, IL (June 26th)
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 07:32:01 PM »
Sven,

Normally I would but I have two engagements that day.  I already lost enough Father of the Year votes this past weekend by missing my daughter's ballet recital, so I don't think skipping my son's third birthday party to play golf with a bunch of random men I met on the Internet would go over very well.

Jim

K. Krahenbuhl

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 08:44:07 PM »
I played out there for the first time in the morning before Shoreacres last weekend and really enjoyed it.  Lots of fun and not too taxing.

Jud_T

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 08:50:56 PM »
I'm in if we can get off by 11
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Jeff Shelman

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 09:42:21 PM »
Looking forward to the round and meeting some of the Chicago GCA folks. I'll be in town for the fiance's 20-year HS class reunion and am glad this is going to work out.

PCCraig

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010, 07:59:45 AM »
Just a bump and an update.

Sven: I placed you as a definate "in" on my first post along with Jeff, Chris, and myself. I haven't made a tee time yet as I just returned from a vacation, but I figured 11ish would allow for the most amount of people to be able to show up and participate?

If anyone else can make it let me know as I think it would be great to get two groups together.

The weather is supposed to be fantastic on Saturday!
H.P.S.

Dan Moore

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 08:15:31 AM »
I'm in if you can fill a 2nd group.
"Is there any other game which produces in the human mind such enviable insanity."  Bernard Darwin

PCCraig

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 08:39:38 AM »
I'm in if you can fill a 2nd group.

Great Dan. You would bring us up to 6 players if we make the times for ~11 and Jud plays. Which would allow us to do at least two groups of 3-somes.

Anyone else? 
H.P.S.

PCCraig

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 10:23:35 AM »
I reserved two tee times for 10:30am and 10:40am at Shepherd's Crook for this upcoming Saturday the 26th.

Please confirm if you can make it or not.

Looking forward to it!
H.P.S.

Jud_T

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 10:29:24 AM »
I'm in.  For those who haven't played there before-they don't have a driving range.

PCCraig

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 10:37:09 AM »
I'm in.  For those who haven't played there before-they don't have a driving range.

Great!
H.P.S.

PCCraig

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2010, 01:24:57 PM »
Bumpage...
H.P.S.

Chris Flamion

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2010, 10:17:19 PM »
I am a go.

I request to be in Jud's group.  I want a rematch.

Chris

Jeff Shelman

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2010, 12:10:24 AM »
I'm in.

PCCraig

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2010, 03:39:12 PM »
I guess for the time being we'll set the groups as so:

10:30am
Chris Flamion
Dan Moore
Jud Tigerman

10:40am
Patrick Craig
Jeff Shelman
Sven Nilsen

If anyone else wants to join I can add to the groups accordingly.

Looking forward to it! :)
H.P.S.

Matthew Sander

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2010, 03:48:14 PM »
Have fun guys, I'd love to join you, but I will be heading to AZ this weekend to attend a memorial service for my grandmother. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to meet and play with a few more of the Chicago GCAers.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back