News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jordan Wall

wgt.com
« on: June 08, 2010, 04:47:39 AM »
www.wgt.com

Who has an account?  The 3d courses are AWESOME!

Alex Miller

Re: wgt.com
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 04:52:44 AM »

CJ Carder

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 12:37:00 PM »
I played Oakmont for the first time last night on there and 5-putted the first 3 greens.  Very lifelike!

Being more serious, the flyover and bird's-eye views are astounding.  I've seen the photo tours that Ryan Farrow and George Pazin did of Oakmont back before the US Open in 2007, but I really had absolutely no clue as to the scale of the place or what the surroundings looked like.  Gave me a whole new appreciation for the terrain and routing of the course.

Eric Smith

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 12:46:06 PM »
Is that Jay Flemma on there? 8)

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 12:58:40 PM »
Oakmont is freaking impossible. How do you play Oakmont from the tips when you drive it 225 and can't control the putter. I've shot 66 at Kiawah on there...and 49 on the front at Oakmont. OMG.

Jordan Wall

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 02:58:31 PM »
I shot 38 at Oakmont in the US Open Challenge last night hitting 225.  I began playing last night, too. 

Natural?  I think so.

Adam Lawrence

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 04:48:04 PM »
Oakmont is freaking impossible. How do you play Oakmont from the tips when you drive it 225 and can't control the putter. I've shot 66 at Kiawah on there...and 49 on the front at Oakmont. OMG.

Matt - you pony up for credits and buy a better driver in their 'pro shop'. Clever business model.
Adam Lawrence

Editor, Golf Course Architecture
www.golfcoursearchitecture.net

Principal, Oxford Golf Consulting
www.oxfordgolfconsulting.com

Author, 'More Enduring Than Brass: a biography of Harry Colt' (forthcoming).

Short words are best, and the old words, when short, are the best of all.

Doug Braunsdorf

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 11:40:24 PM »
I play a lot--BPB is very good, Kiawah is fun. St. Andrews is a lot of fun. Oakmont is so hard...I wonder if it's actually easier in person.  My player name is dbraunsdorf if anyone wants to play. 
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction."

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back