News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Martin Toal

Great bunch of Chicago GCA guys
« on: June 05, 2010, 09:07:02 PM »
I am currently in Chicago, over from the UK, for a conference. A couple of weeks ago, I put up a post asking about Golf Stores in Chicago, and got some good answers which I have used to put a new 4 wood in the bag, but I also got an invite to play a game of golf at Flossmoor.

Today, I played with Judge Terry, Brian, Mike and Clint, and also met a bunch of other guys including Greg, Pat and George. I enjoyed the course, which reminded me of traditional UK parkland courses, and having a caddy and walking was nice too.

I had a great time. Great course and great company, and guys who can play golf. And despite the terrible weather forecast, we only felt a few drops of rain for the first time on the 18th green.

I want to thank the guys for their hospitality and hope I can return the favour sometime when they visit the UK.

Phil McDade

Re: Great bunch of Chicago GCA guys
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 09:32:43 PM »
The late R.W. "Johnny" Apple Jr. of the NYTimes said there was no better example of a truly American town than Chicago -- he often said it was the first place he recommended friends from the Continent visit to take in this country.

Glad to hear you had a great time, Martin -- I'm not surprised. I've met a few of them myself, and they are a great bunch.

PCCraig

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 10:22:59 PM »
It was great meeting you today Martin! I'm only sorry we didn't get to play in the same group. Good to hear earlier you ended up purchasing a new 4-wood you like...which happens to be a Chicago made product :)

Enjoy the rest of your stay...I'll be sure to look you up the next time I'm in London!
H.P.S.

Terry Lavin

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 10:59:36 PM »
Just another reminder of the great gift from Ran and Ben.

We had a nice day with great company on a great golf course and we had the opportunity to tell a lie or three!

Twas a pleasure to be with Martin and the rest of the young lads!
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Matt OBrien

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 11:49:54 PM »
Too bad the Philly GCA guys are better and so are the FLYERS

C. Squier

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 02:40:05 AM »

Them fightin' words!  Not a bad group of sticks today on a tough course....

Terry Lavin

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 08:36:57 AM »

They were skating scared in the last eight minutes of the game Friday.  Let's see how the next two or three games go.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Ross Tuddenham

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 09:35:39 AM »
Martin

Glad to hear you enjoyed Chicago as I will be visiting next month from Scotland.  I am currently in need of a 3 wood so may have a look at some of the stores mentioned on your other thread.

It is really great how helpful the guys on this site.  On one thread I mentioned i would be in the San Fransisco area as well this month and got some really helpful advice.

Unfortunately it does not look like being a golf packed trip but i am hopeful of a round at Pasatiempo, so not that bad really.

Sean Leary

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 01:10:36 PM »
I met a few of the Chicago boys last weekend at Prairie Dunes. Fun group of guys...

Greg Ohlendorf

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 01:50:26 PM »
Martin,

Great to have you out at Flossmoor. It is what GCA is about, meeting great people at great courses. And we did pull a rabbit out of the hat with the weather!

We really enjoyed you visit along with the others from the Chicago contingent.

Best regards,

Greg

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back