News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill_McBride

Re: Royal Dornoch in mid-May: Words cannot express... New
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2010, 08:52:25 AM »
Just my thoughts, but I thought there was an added element that made #10 harder than #2:  the shaggy rough on the slopes all around the crowned, elevated green. Unlike #2, you could not bump a chip or putt up onto #10, you had to nip a wedge off that incredibly tight turf. Might be the only place that's true on the course.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 12:35:32 PM by Bill_McBride »

Tim Johnson

Re: Royal Dornoch in mid-May: Words cannot express...
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2010, 10:05:38 AM »
Staying at the Golf Hotel is one of the great ways to experience RD. It is nice to grab a 7 iron after dinner and go play a couple of the holes in the setting sun. I have played only played it 3 times(2 trips) but like many say, you just lose yourself in golf when you drive into Dornoch. I am adding a couple pictures from my time in Dornoch. One of the interesting side bars about playing RD is the jets doing flybys, never really hear the roar of the engines because of the wind but it is pretty cool to see them fly by.

Jim Tang

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2010, 10:20:27 AM »
Scott -

Thanks for sharing.  Seeing these pictures just convinces me even more that I've got to get to Dornoch some day.

Steve Salmen

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2010, 10:32:32 AM »

Dornoch is a very special place to me.  My wife and I were engaged there in 07.  The sea off the 9th fairway will be the final resting place for my ashes.  The house directly behind the flagstick is where we spent four months last year.  With good luck we will make a return trip this year.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back