News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Bonita Bay East(T. Fazio) Naples, FL now public
« on: May 12, 2010, 07:39:00 AM »
Once part of the private high end golf real estate development near Naples,FL that has experienced hard times:

http://golfcoursebusiness.com/golf/real-estate/475/exclusive-bonita-bay-club-east-opens-for-daily-fee-play

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Adam_Messix

Re: Bonita Bay East(T. Fazio) Naples, FL now public
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 10:18:46 AM »
Bonita Bay East is a fine golf course, Fazio did a great job with a really flat piece of property.  I'm not sure how much action they're going to get in Naples this time of year though.

Does anyone know the status of TwinEagles located next door?

Bill_McBride

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 12:06:41 PM »
I have a not so great memory of that course - which I agree is a pretty good course if you play the right tees, there are some pretty stout carries over wetlands (if it's the Bonita Bay course I'm thinking of).

This involves a classic McBride meltdown.

I am playing very well against an arch enemy, 4 up with 5 to play after back to back birdies around the turn.  He is demoralized.   We come up to the 14th tee, and right by our tee box, sunning himself by the water, is a guy like this, about 12' long.

I was so startled, I suffered a precipitous collapse in which I lost the LAST 5 HOLES and the match, one down.   :o ::) :P

Later that night I was found in the bar, telling drunks the story of this moral collapse.  I don't have a fond memory of Bonita Bay.

Jason Topp

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 12:19:36 PM »

Later that night I was found in the bar, telling drunks the story of this moral collapse. 

Forget about the golf.  I want to hear about the moral collapse.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 12:47:19 PM »

Later that night I was found in the bar, telling drunks the story of this moral collapse. 

Forget about the golf.  I want to hear about the moral collapse.

It'll have to wait for September.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back