News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Andy Gray

Re: Sponsor a fellow GCA'er!
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2010, 08:05:47 AM »
Right now it is looking very very likely I will be joining you fine folks at Bandon. Talk about being pumped! It is however a very tight schedule for me. Unless I can convince a lecturer to let me take a test 1 week early, I will have to come straight home to make it back in time to take that test (arrive Sydney 6am, test at 2pm), which is unfortunate given Michael Robin's kind invite to Riviera. Hopefully on Monday I can move the test forward, one can only hope.

Thanks again for everyone's support and generosity... this is honestly a dream and the significance of this moment and the many kind acts hasn't quite sunk yet.

Andy

Patrick Hodgdon

« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2010, 04:56:42 PM »
George- send me the paypal info. and I will gladly donate $10 to Andy's caddy tip fund. (assuming he has to take a caddy and can't carry his own.)
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

TEPaul

« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2010, 07:02:55 PM »
GeorgeP:

You're quite the organizer and I guess this sure proves I don't even read the vast majority of threads on here anymore----first I noticed this was just now. I'll go in too for what most all incrementally contributed. I use checks for this kinda thing. Who do I sent it to?

Maybe there could be like a recipient a year to be selected by you as who's deserving of it.

Jeeesus, this just reminds me I probably haven't even contributed to this website in like two years.

Tony Weiler

« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2010, 11:31:18 PM »
I have a Pay Pal account, and I'd gladly contribute. 

Jason Hines

« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2010, 11:47:33 PM »
George,

Zip me the paypal info, and put me down for $50 US.  I will of course need a photo thread of Andy having fun to confirm this is not a scam!!  Andy, enjoy yourself.

candjhines@comcast.net or zip me a PM.

Jason Hines
Olathe, KS

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2010, 04:36:11 AM »
I'm in. :)
Let's make GCA grate again!

Michael Taylor

« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2010, 07:32:10 AM »
Yes! Andy has to complete some tours of the visited golf courses, as return payment!

Pup

;D

George Pazin

« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2010, 01:08:55 PM »
Okay, thanks for the additional contributions, looks like we have just over $1400 at this point.

Because we are somewhat pressed for time, I think we should handle this as follows:

1) If you have a paypal account, paypal Andy (actually his dad) the $$ as soon as we get the go ahead. Andy, as soon as you know it's a go, please post your dad's paypal account info.

2) If you do not want to go the paypal route, send me a check, payable to me (you're just gonna have to trust me, sorry, let me know if you have a better idea of how to do this) at:

George Pazin
SG Screenprinting
337 Rochester Rd.
Pittsburgh, PA 15237

I will then deposit the checks and send a lump sum payment from my paypal account to Andy's dad. If you feel comfortable doing this, due to the limited time we have, it would probably be best to send your check asap, and I would then tear up checks if we don't get a go ahead from Andy.

I don't want to drive Ben and Ran nuts by sending them a bunch of smaller checks, that's certainly not fair to them, I caused enough drama just by doing this!

Thanks again, everyone. Next time you're in the Burgh, call me or message me to claim your Coke.

:)

And Tom P, I will be sending in a contribution to the site, too, it's been too long since I've contributed.

I will try to send out some goodies if I get a chance, but this is our crazy time, so I may not have time.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

George Pazin

« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2010, 11:11:23 AM »
Looking more and more like this is a go, just a few small details to work out on Andy's end. Andy, I will send you a message shortly.

Thanks again to everyone!
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Jim Franklin

« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2010, 01:26:49 PM »
Check in the mail today. Thanks again George for organizing.
Mr Hurricane

Jud_T

« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2010, 02:02:08 PM »
George,

Put me down for $50 if it's not too late.....
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Terry Lavin

« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2010, 02:06:57 PM »
In the post.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Wyatt Halliday

« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2010, 02:09:16 PM »
Please count me in for $50. Awaiting the dad's paypal account info.

George Pazin

« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2010, 02:26:25 PM »
Thanks everyone.

The subject matter here is obviously terrific, but it's the people that make the site special.

Scott Szabo

« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2010, 02:28:32 PM »
George,

Check is in the mail.  Thanks for organizing this - what a great idea!

Scott
"So your man hit it into a fairway bunker, hit the wrong side of the green, and couldn't hit a hybrid off a sidehill lie to take advantage of his length? We apologize for testing him so thoroughly." - Tom Doak, 6/29/10

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2010, 02:37:19 PM »
I am in as well, just send me the paypal stuff..have a great time Andy...

George Pazin

« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2010, 03:00:00 PM »
I think we're over $1600 now.

Will post paypal info as soon as it becomes available.

Josh_Lesnik

« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2010, 11:31:28 PM »
I'm in for $50.  Let me know where to send.

Andy Gray

« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2010, 10:41:01 AM »
Thanks everyone.

The subject matter here is obviously terrific, but it's the people that make the site special.

I could not say this any better. To everyone involved, I cannot thank you enough!

I will post the paypal details tomorrow morning (Sydney time).

Cheers,

Andy

George Pazin

« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2010, 11:05:19 AM »
Andy just sent me a note that he has confirmed his attendance with Ben's travel company, so it's a go! Go go go go go!

Paypal info will be posted asap.

Jud_T

« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2010, 11:08:18 AM »
Finally we've actually accomplished something tangible on this site.... ;D
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Josh_Lesnik

« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2010, 10:30:20 PM »
George,

If you'd like, we can send the checks to Bandon Dunes.  We can even make the checks out to Bandon Dunes (not sure what to do about reimbursing for air fare, but we could figure that out).  If you like the idea, checks could be made directly to Bandon Dunes and they could go directly to the resort for the cost of the trip.  I can tell you who to send them to if you like.  If the amount is short, I can let you know and help work it out with the resort.

I work for the company that manages the resort, and we can make this work, if you like the idea.

Let me know.

Josh

George Pazin

« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2010, 01:11:55 PM »
Josh, I like the idea, I'd really rather not personally get checks, but the arrangements are being made through a travel agency - I believe Andy has already paid them. So I think it will work better if people either 1) paypal Andy's dad (my preferred option) or 2) send me a check and I will paypal his dad a lump sum.

Thanks for the offer. If you could post a shipping address for where someone could ship out some goodies - golf balls, t shirts, etc-  that would help.

If anyone would prefer to go the route Josh suggests, that is fine by me, just make sure you let someone know what the check is intended for.

Got my first check today, so we have over $1600 pledged and $100 collected. :)

Tony Weiler

« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2010, 03:12:09 PM »
George, any PayPal details yet?

George Pazin

« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2010, 03:46:20 PM »
Andy has not given me any yet, hopefully he will do so shortly.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back