News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Zack Molnar

New Member Introduction
« on: April 17, 2010, 02:51:31 PM »
Hello GCAers,
My name is Zack Molnar. I am new member here on GCA. I have been reading this site for many years, and just started posting. I am from Cincinnati, OH, but currently go to school at Vanderbilt in Nashville, TN (Go Dores!) My handicap is somewhere around a 4, although its hard to tell at the beginning of the season right now. I grew up playing a lot of the great courses in the Cincinnati area, but really got into architecture and courses while working at Camargo during my high school years. The club was rarely busy and gave me many chances to get out on the course and really enjoy its magnificence. I was actually drawn to the site while looking for information about Camargo and I stumbled across the review here. I really enjoy reading about the different courses and I hope to get a chance to play many of them in the future.
My favorite courses that I have played are (in no particular order b/c thats too hard): Pebble, Spyglass, Pasatiempo, Camargo, Scioto, Arcadia Bluffs, Moraine CC, NCR South, Kiawah(Ocean).
I'm excited to be involved in the discussions here and learn about golf courses, as well as get together and meet some of y'all.

Zack

PS- If anyone if coming through Nashville or Cincinnati, feel free to IM me and we can tee it up. And, if anyone is going up near Traverse City during the summer, feel free to message me as well and we can get together up there as I spend some time around there during the summer months.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 03:27:37 PM by Zack Molnar »

Mac Plumart

Re: New ember Intro
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 03:13:44 PM »
EDIT...deleted. All information related to my post has been changed.  Sorry.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 04:34:05 PM by Mac Plumart »
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Zack Molnar

Re: New Member Introduction
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 03:30:46 PM »
Mac,
I am sorry for the confusion. I am not a member at NCR, I was using the bottom part of the previous post as a template for my intro and accidentally posted it  :-[
I have played NCR a couple of times and I would certainly recommend it. It is a good test and a must play in Ohio.

Where else have you played in Ohio? Making it down to Cincinnati at all in your annual ohio venture?

john_stiles

Re: New ember Intro
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 03:31:32 PM »
Hello Zack and welcome,

Based on the thread title  'Re: New ember Intro',  you might be in graduate school at Vanderbilt or a cousin of Anthony Gray or both.

Looks like you have been able to play many wonderful courses.

Have fun at GCA, go Vols, :)

John

Brian Ross

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 03:37:08 PM »
Welcome Zack!  I'm pretty new here myself.  I'm a Hokie from the Bristol (VA/TN) area, so there is one thing we can definitely agree on and that's "Booo Vols"  ;)

Was curious if you've ever played at either of the Legends courses down in Franklin?  I used to go to a week-long camp there in the summers when I was in high school and I always tremendously enjoyed both of the courses there. 
Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in.

http://www.rossgolfarchitects.com

Zack Molnar

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 03:44:41 PM »
Brian,
Booo Vols is absolutely correct!
I actually just played out at Legends yesterday with another GCAer. They are two of the best courses in Nashville, so I try to get out there as often as possible, plus it is cheap for Vandy students to play there, which is also a bonus since it is now completely private. Are you still in the Bristol area?

Brian Ross

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 04:05:00 PM »
Zach, that's awesome!  It was always the highlight of my summer to spend the week down there.  Do you know if they still operate that academy there?  I believe it was called Golf House Tennessee?  If I'm not mistaken, it is right across the pond from #18 on the North Course, and it had a 9 hole par 3 course around it.  Brings back old memories! 

To answer your question, I am actually still in school at VT so I am a little under 2 hours east of Bristol in Blacksburg right now, but my family still lives there so I'm down there from time to time. 
Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in.

http://www.rossgolfarchitects.com

Michael Taylor

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 09:32:36 PM »
Welcome to the wonderful world of GCA.  :)

Mac Plumart

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 11:11:38 PM »
Zack...

I have family in Wilmington (between Cinncinnatti and Columbus), Columbus, and Defiance (between Toldeo and Fort Wayne).  So I bop around Ohio pretty good.

I owe Richard a round of golf maybe you could help round out a foursome and we could have a good GCA round of golf.

I let you know when I get my dates ironed out for my next trip up north.

Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Mike H

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 07:57:09 PM »
Zach

I am a member at NCR and anytime you are in the area send me a message and we can go out and play.  I have played Camargo only during the US Amateur and it is probably one of my favorites and have been looking to get back out there soon.  Welcome to the site.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back