News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Eric Smith

Re: National Memberships
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2010, 01:09:02 PM »

It is a serious mistake to ever calculate the cost per round of a non-resident membership.   :-X

Amen brother Bill!

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2010, 07:40:11 AM »
Anybody who has any questions about Hidden Creek, please feel free to contact me through IM or email.

Ian Dalzell

« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2010, 01:18:05 PM »
Anyone who has any questions about Hidden Creek can feel free to contact us directly at the club either via IM or via email at idalzell@hiddencreekclub.com

Thanks Gentlemen.

Ian Dalzell, PGA
General Manager & Head Golf Professional
idalzell@hiddencreekclub.com
www.hiddencreekclub.com

C. Sturges

« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2010, 02:34:14 PM »
Has anyone played the outpost club or have any info besides what is on there web site?
Thanks,
Chris

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2010, 02:39:24 PM »
It is a serious mistake to ever calculate the cost per round of a non-resident membership.   :-X

I'd agree, but also suggest the following edit:

It is a serious mistake to ever calculate the cost per round of a non-resident membership.
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Sean Leary

« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2010, 03:22:15 PM »
Has anyone played the outpost club or have any info besides what is on there web site?
Thanks,
Chris

I have no info other than I can assure you that no one here has ever played it as it is not a course but a club.  :)

Bill_McBride

« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2010, 03:39:39 PM »

I'd agree, but also suggest the following edit:

It is a serious mistake to ever calculate the cost per round of a non-resident membership.

;) ;D

Lester George

« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2010, 05:48:03 PM »

I would look at Kinloch and Ballyhack, for obviuos reasons I guess.

Lester

Mike Demetriou

« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2010, 05:53:20 PM »
Just played The Secession Club, and if what I heard is accurate, it seems like a very good deal.  Fun course. Not the place to join however if you're higher than a 13 or so...  rumor there was that 2/3 of the members are single digits.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2010, 04:15:30 PM »
Not a Top 100 course but The Ace Club in the Philly 'burbs offers a national membership:

www.theaceclubonline.com

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

George Freeman

« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2010, 04:42:33 PM »
Mac

I am located in Dayton, OH and have inquired to Inverness this week.  I would like to find something in the midwest. 

Mike,

I would definitely looking into the Kingsley Club's national membership program.  PM if you need any help.

- George
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Steve D

« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2010, 09:35:13 AM »
Does anyone have any suggestions for good national membership options in North or South Carolina?  Maybe something in the Pinehurst area for North Carolina and Charleston or north for South Carolina?

Steve

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2010, 11:15:27 AM »
Steve: I would look into the Dormie Club in Pinehurst which is scheduled to open soon and I would check on Bulls Bay which is north of Charleston.

Dave Givnish

« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2010, 11:28:21 AM »
Ian

I had the chance to play Hidden Creek yesterday morning.  You have a great facility.  I really enjoyed the course - we walked with a caddie and finished in under 3 hours.  I'm looking forward to come back in the summer when the fescue gets high to see how it improves the definition of the course.  The new tees should make some of the long par 4's even more challenging.

Dave

Anyone who has any questions about Hidden Creek can feel free to contact us directly at the club either via IM or via email at idalzell@hiddencreekclub.com

Thanks Gentlemen.

Ian Dalzell, PGA
General Manager & Head Golf Professional
idalzell@hiddencreekclub.com
www.hiddencreekclub.com

Mike Demetriou

« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2010, 11:53:46 AM »
Jerry, I played Bull's Bay a couple of weeks ago as well, and was blown away at how FUN that course and facility are. I really loved it. It has some quirks, and is not terribly walking friendly, but it is just a REALLY fun course. I can imagine the tournaments and matches there being about as fun as it gets.

It isn't a Midwest location, but CHS is easy to get to, and the weather is terrific for most of the year.

Ajay Yadav

« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2010, 10:18:02 PM »
Mark makes a very good point - Deal is a great deal for an overseas member, especially when you combine the great course with its proximity to Heathrow/Gatwick.

Lahinch has a similar option in that Overseas Life Membership runs at around €10K and when you consider that there is a direct flights from JFK to Shannon (~6 hours) and it is possible to make the 1st tee an hour after you land... it even makes it easier to get to that some of the more remote US clubs.

Anyone interested, feel free to PM or e-mail me. One member on this board has already joined Lahinch & I am pretty sure he enjoys it!

Lahinch overseas is the best deal among overseas membership. From the east coast, it's easy to get there overnight and you could be on the tee within an hour from landing. And the course is worth the flight.

Lastly, Ballybunion Is just 2.5 hours away

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2010, 12:17:10 AM »
Musgrove Mill GC outside Greenville SC has a great non-resident membership.  Until last year it was in GOLF WEEK's top 100 modern.  It has on-site cottages and rooms in the clubhouse.  It is owned by McConnell Golf that owns, Raleigh CC, Treyburn CC, The Cardinal CC, Old North State CC, and the Reserve at Pawley's Plantation.  You get to play the other courses up to ten times a year.  Hard to beat.  I live in MD and play in Raleigh on the way down and on the way back. Here is a link to membership info.

http://www.musgrovemill.com/default.aspx?p=DynamicModule&pageid=260151&ssid=122737&vnf=1

Here is a link to the course review I did for GCA.

http://golfclubatlas.com/in-my-opinion/musgrove-mill
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Dave Givnish

« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2010, 08:59:09 AM »
For those out west, Desert Forest has added a National membership in the last year.  PM me if you would like details.

Lenny Polakoff

« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2010, 10:19:05 AM »
Galloway National just outside of Atlantic City has or had a great non-resident membership deal.  I was seriously considering it last year, and I assume it is still going on.  I think the golf course is terrific.

The Director of Golf - Mike Killian is a super nice guy and would be the one to talk to.

Jason Connor

« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2010, 12:10:07 PM »
Does Bull's Bay offer national memberhships?

I love Strantz and would thoroughly enjoy that.
We discovered that in good company there is no such thing as a bad golf course.  - James Dodson

Jason Connor

« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2010, 12:11:39 PM »
Dang.  I see Bulls Bay has a national membership and it's initiation is 50k.

Good to see some courses are weathering the economic downturn ok!

http://www.bullsbaygolf.com/membership.html
We discovered that in good company there is no such thing as a bad golf course.  - James Dodson

Thomas Patterson

« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2010, 12:55:33 PM »
Large Initiation fees are what keep me from obtaining a membership at a private club.  I just can't figure out how to save up that big of lump sum. 

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2010, 04:49:33 PM »
Doesn't Merion have a national membership?

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2010, 07:50:06 PM »
Doesn't Merion have a national membership?

Yes. I have a friend who did it and he has lots and lots of patience!!

Bill Gayne

« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2010, 10:02:14 PM »
A couple of thoughts on national or international memberships, first it makes a lot of sense for people who will be relocating frequently due to career changes. Second, on international memberships be ready for swings in the economics. When I joined a club in Ireland the euro was about .9 to the dollar and I've seen it as high as 1.57. So there's been wide variation on the travel costs. I've completely enjoyed my time as a memnber of a club in Ireland and vsit two or three times a year but as others have said ignore the cost per round because the economics will never work. I also think it should be a place you enjoy visiting even if the golf wasn't available.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back