News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Anthony Gray

Most Great Golfers Own A White Belt
« on: April 11, 2010, 09:27:48 AM »

Look at those good rounds turned in by those guys with the white belts at The Masters. In the 70's white belts outnumbered the others 5:1. I bet the winner today has one.

Anthony

John Moore II

Re: Most Great Golfers Own A White Belt
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 09:36:25 AM »
I own two white belts. Wore one when I played on Friday. They're very stylish. But the person wearing the belt has to be stylish enough to pull it off; Tom Lehman isn't stylish enough to wear one, Tom Watson is (though he might not choose to wear one).

Rick Sides

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 09:39:48 AM »
John,
I agree that the person must be stylish and the person should also have a good golf game if they were a white belt.  They actually should have a warning tag on the label saying : If you buy this belt, you must not only wear it with grace, you also must have a hell of a round! ;D

John Moore II

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 09:43:00 AM »
Rick-you don't have to play really great, you just have to at least have one part of your game that is exceptional. Like on Friday, I didn't play great for the front nine, but I hit 3 drives over 325 yards, got one out to 360. So that keeps me from looking like a fool while wearing a white belt with white/blue seersucker pants and white shoes.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 09:51:17 AM »
Rick-you don't have to play really great, you just have to at least have one part of your game that is exceptional. Like on Friday, I didn't play great for the front nine, but I hit 3 drives over 325 yards, got one out to 360. So that keeps me from looking like a fool while wearing a white belt with white/blue seersucker pants and white shoes.

We could use your style at this years Dixie Cup John.

AG

John Moore II

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 09:54:30 AM »

AG

Just tell me when and where; I'll do everything I can to be there. I've wanted to play the last two years, it just hasn't worked out for me to be there.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 09:57:28 AM »

AG

Just tell me when and where; I'll do everything I can to be there. I've wanted to play the last two years, it just hasn't worked out for me to be there.

I believe Charlotte. Oct. 22-24. I believe that is official.

AG

Rick Sides

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 09:57:45 AM »
I like your style John ;D  By the way, if you hit a drive over 300 yards, your assured a place in the White Belt Hall of Fall and you have every right to wear that with pride.

John Moore II

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 10:01:49 AM »
I like your style John ;D  By the way, if you hit a drive over 300 yards, your assured a place in the White Belt Hall of Fall and you have every right to wear that with pride.

I have a RED belt as well. That one is for really special occasions. 

Anthony Gray

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 10:02:17 AM »
 Everybody can look good in a white belt. Fat people,skinny people even people with chicken pox.

AG

PCCraig

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 10:07:29 AM »
IMO it's a terrible look.

But I bet it looks great on all of you guys...  :) ;) ;D  8)
H.P.S.

John Moore II

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 10:11:39 AM »
Pat-I can't help if that you're as style challenged as Judge Smails and Tom Lehman.  ;) ;D  I've got as much style as Ian Poulter, just without enough spare cash to buy those awesome outfits of his... :'(

PCCraig

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 10:14:04 AM »
Pat-I can't help if that you're as style challenged as Judge Smails and Tom Lehman.  ;) ;D  I've got as much style as Ian Poulter, just without enough spare cash to buy those awesome outfits of his... :'(

John-

Don't be jealous that I still own and rock my replica 1999 Sunday Ryder Cup shirt, triple pleated khaki shorts, white tube socks, and golf shoes that feature velcro.  :) ;D ;)
H.P.S.

John Moore II

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 10:17:14 AM »
Pat-That 1999 Sunday Ryder Cup shirt is the classiest thing ever. I wish I had 2. Might be a little worn out now, but man that thing was awesome. I'd have worn it for sure. Now as for the rest, well, I just can't help you there. ;D

Sean Leary

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 10:28:52 AM »
Its a skinny guy belt.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 10:31:02 AM »

Will the winner have one today?

A

PCCraig

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 10:31:37 AM »
Pat-That 1999 Sunday Ryder Cup shirt is the classiest thing ever. I wish I had 2. Might be a little worn out now, but man that thing was awesome. I'd have worn it for sure. Now as for the rest, well, I just can't help you there. ;D

I forgot my casio calculator watch...haha  ;D

Side note...

How many guys are now breaking out their old David Duval Oakleys now that Tiger is rocking essentially the same look in between shots?
H.P.S.

Steve Lang

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 10:41:57 AM »
 8) before they falloff the face of the earth..  where's baddeley? arguably the inter-decade re-inventor of the so-called style..

half the kids (less than 26 year olds)  i see playing have one..  skinny or not..  victims of fashion ::)
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Kalen Braley

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 10:42:33 AM »
Everybody can look good in a white belt. Fat people,skinny people even people with chicken pox.

AG

I beg to differ, i look awful in a white belt....makes me look fat!!  ;D

P.S. I'm fluffy not fat anways

Anthony Gray

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 10:45:44 AM »

AG

I beg to differ, i look awful in a white belt....makes me look fat!!  ;D

P.S. I'm fluffy not fat anways

You look great in elastic. Try white pants with the white elastic waisteband.

Anthony

Terry Lavin

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 11:33:34 AM »
I own a white belt.

Lost a bet...
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

John Moore II

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 02:52:10 PM »

I forgot my casio calculator watch...haha  ;D

Side note...

How many guys are now breaking out their old David Duval Oakleys now that Tiger is rocking essentially the same look in between shots?

I had one of those watches too.  :)   I need to get another set of those glasses, I can't play with the Oakley's I have now, I can see the lens line when I set up over the ball.

I think Poulter might be wearing a pink belt, to go with those pink plaid pants and pink shoes. That man has some real style.

Greg Tallman

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 03:04:25 PM »
Just say no to white belts

Anthony Gray

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2010, 07:15:19 AM »

2nd and 3rd on sunday.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back