News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Nick Campanelli

Re: AAC II. Results. Are. In.
« Reply #225 on: May 13, 2010, 01:39:28 PM »

I was surprised by the trees....
My perfect property wouldn't have that many - too much $$$$ to clear.
And the trees covered the topo lines - it looked like he didn't utilized the topo as much as he could have.

Mike, I'm a little confused with your theory regarding the trees.  

To play devil's advocate...I saw this site a forested from the start (whether a good approach or not, its how I started the exercise).  Others chose an open site (Jim Colton for example).  

In agreeing with you, I chose to clear as little vegetation as possible to play golf, which saves money.  By doing that, the playing corridors become tighter.  I see this as a positive if the tree lines are used not only for defining a hole, but to induce shot shaping.  I also understand that many holes can become cramped when this happens (look at Richmond CC in Providence, RI).  GCA is an art of trade offs, right?  In this case, I chose tighter corridors, but sacrificed overall length (the course maxes out at 6,973yds).  

In your opinion (or anyones), on a completely forested site, would you spend the extra money to clear additional vegetation to create wider corridors, or design a layout that sacrifices some objective for the sake of saving vegetation (money)?...this is not defending my work, I'm looking for opinions.  This is probably a site specific question like many....

P.S.  The trees in the rendered plan were a snapshot from an aerial of forest outside Providence, RI on Google Earth.  The vegetation is that thick up here  ;D

Thanks for the judging and critique by the way (to all judges).  This has been an awesome exercise to this point, and its only begun.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 01:54:14 PM by Nick Campanelli »
Landscape Architect  //  Golf Course Architect

Tim Nugent

« Reply #226 on: May 13, 2010, 01:42:00 PM »
One of the things that I noticed was that those who designed more than 18 holes tended to do worse overall (except for Daryn, whose extra 9 was a kids' course - an idea I think is wonderful).

Does that assessment seem accurate? Is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Unfortunately there can only only be 18 "best" holes.  So the weaker 9 or 18 will be naturally considered substandard by comparision.
However, it does allow for more variety and flexibility in operation, 9-hole leagues, closing a nine for maintenance (spraying, aerifying, etc), an easier courses for couples/family golf/seniors.  Plus, if they do cross-overs, the ability to get many more weekend morning groups out.

So what you may see as a negative from a golf purest standpoint, may also be beneficial from an operations standpoint.
Coasting is a downhill process

Gary_K

« Reply #227 on: May 13, 2010, 01:48:30 PM »
As I'm the outlier on Gary's:
27 holes didn't help - it detracted.
I wanted his best 18.
I thought the red and blue 9s were his best so I judged them - and the transitions between them.
5-6 Blue transition really hurt him with me.
I liked the dunes nine best.
I do not like distinct nines - especially with a middle clubhouse location.
Gary did a really nice job - and certainly more professional than where I graded him - I'd hire him above several of the others.
This was a routing contest, it was a little sterile, engineered or formulaic and it fell during my evaluations - it started higher.
(it was a struggle to read - the topo stood out so much more than the golf)

Mike,

Thanks for the honest feedback, I can learn from it.  I agree with the transition from the Blue 5-6.  I fell victim to wanting hole #6 that I sacrificed the distance between holes.

The Dunes (red) nine was my favorite, especially holes 2 & 6.

With such a large site and seeing so many different holes, it was difficult to stay with 18 holes.  I typical project would put more constraints (budget, housing, etc.) on the project.  I  figured there are no constraints on the number of holes, I may as well add another 9 (and a lake J).

I didn’t realize how over-powering the contours were until I saw the PDF again.  Being a civil engineer, I’m use to staring at drawings with contours all day.  I can look past them and now see how that can be distracting.  I wish I would’ve labeled the contours, printed them lighter and added more color to the tees, fairways and greens.  I’ll remember that for next time.

I’m amazed how few holes are similar between the 13 routings.  Everybody sees something different.

Thanks again for being a judge and I greatly appreciate any and all feedback.

Gary

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #228 on: May 13, 2010, 01:54:15 PM »
Just to second Garland's Recommendation:

Ed Oden's write-up is more than worth the price of admission!

Also, to all the competitors. How would you like to show off your designs? Last time each person had a separate thread with a hole-by-hole description. Alternatively, each person could post on this thread with just the overview and description. If we get a couple of votes one way or the other, that's what we'll do.
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Nick Campanelli

« Reply #229 on: May 13, 2010, 01:58:03 PM »
Yes.  

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #230 on: May 13, 2010, 02:00:52 PM »
Yes.  

Separate threads or on this thread? If on this thread, we'll go in order and keep them shorter.
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Nick Campanelli

« Reply #231 on: May 13, 2010, 02:04:47 PM »
I would possibly treat this like George Pazin's "Getting to Know" series where he has a main thread (which in this case would be this thread).  

Each designer / course could have its own sub thread that is linked from the main thread.

Tim Nugent

« Reply #232 on: May 13, 2010, 02:09:05 PM »
Thanks to the judges for taking the time to look at so many great submissions!

I'm honestly shocked that Tim Nugent thought mine was one of the best presentations because I didn't think I made a great case for my course compared to the other guys on here. Personally, besides my own  ;), I liked Jim's course the best. We had somewhat similar styles but I think he did the best job of understanding the visuals from fairway level. There are some classic looks where I immediately thought of other famous holes and realized that my own course, and probably many others, just didn't pull it off quite as nicely. I'm also blown away by Nick's presentation. Very well done, the time he put into it really shows through.

If anyone wishes to ask a question about my own course I would love to answer any questions they may have. Criticism is always welcome.  :D

Opps, hate to burst your bubble but I misread my spreadsheet - that should have went to your neighbor - Daryn - you faired well though (only 2 pts behind).  For Presentation, everyones definition is different but mine was How easily did it convey the design concepts.
Our winner - Nick - had a slick presentation but, by covering up his contours and making them thin and black against dark green hurt how it "read".  But the shadowing helped.

Let's see, Alex, the strength in your submittal was that the course appeared to be interesting and fun to play.  The off-course items were found lacking, which hurt your overall score

I was surprised by the trees....
My perfect property wouldn't have that many - too much $$$$ to clear.
And the trees covered the topo lines - it looked like he didn't utilized the topo as much as he could have.

Mike, I'm a little confused with your theory regarding the trees.  

To play devil's advocate...I saw this site a forested from the start (whether a good approach or not, its how I started the exercise).  Others chose an open site (Jim Colton for example).  

In agreeing with you, I chose to clear as little vegetation as possible to play golf, which saves money.  By doing that, the playing corridors become tighter.  I see this as a positive if the tree lines are used not only for defining a hole, but to induce shot shaping.  I also understand that many holes can become cramped when this happens (look at Richmond CC in Providence, RI).  GCA is an art of trade offs, right?  In this case, I chose tighter corridors, but sacrificed overall length (the course maxes out at 6,973yds).  

In your opinion (or anyones), on a completely forested site, would you spend the extra money to clear additional vegetation to create wider corridors, or design a layout that sacrifices some objective for the sake of saving vegetation (money)?...this is not defending my work, I'm looking for opinions.  This is probably a site specific question like many....

P.S.  The trees in the rendered plan were a snapshot from an aerial of forest outside Providence, RI on Google Earth.  The vegetation is that thick up here  ;D

Thanks for the judging and critique by the way (to all judges).  This has been an awesome exercise to this point, and its only begun.

On a heavily forested site, you should make an attempt to vary your clearing, depending on flow and the particulars of the individual hole.  No one wants a 50yd corridor on a 580-yd par 5.  Also the angle of the tee shot plays into the equation. If the fairway is at an angle to the tee, it appears wider than a straight-on shot.  Also, off the tee, on should allow for 'non-straight' hitter to be able to start the ball off to the left (or right).
Finally, you must widen out north/south holes, especially around the green to allow for enough sunlight - especially in the AM - which convenently corresponds to giving faders/slicers room. 
When clearing an established forest, keep in mind that these trees grew up supporting each other.  When you suddenly expose them to the wind, some will break and many will die due to construction over the next few years.  If there is a tree or line of trees you really want, I leave an extra row in front of them that can be used as protectors and I expect them to die later.  This also helps prevent the "grade to the tree line" look, thus producing a more natural tie-in look.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 02:15:57 PM by Tim Nugent »

Jim Colton

« Reply #233 on: May 13, 2010, 02:22:38 PM »

I guess what hurt Jim's with me was I had a hard time with what he was asking the golfer to do.  Many holes appeared to have multiple paths but upon further investigation, the risk for the challenge wasn't rewarded, therefore I felt that after a golfer played the course, he would realize that it was more one-dimensional than it appeared.  Maybe that was his goal, to lead the golfer down the wrong path.  It seems that there is a lot of fairway that will end up with very little play - unless someone mishits.  2 and 9 were too similar as were 5 and 11,  The range was on a difficult piece and pretty small and some of the circulation green to tee in the SE was problematic - something that should not be on such a huge piece of property.  Jim did have a good collection of greensites and I really liked his clubhouse overlooking the 9th and the vista beyond and 14 is one of the best holes of the contest.

Thanks Tim, although I'll have to respectfully disagree with you.  I was trying to provide sufficient width and allow for options off the tee, without dictating the line of play.  I wasn't trying to lead golfers consistently down the wrong path as much as tempting them with different options, some with obvious reward, some not.  I didn't want a course that you could simply overpower w/ length.

2 - Decide to carry the bunker left, right or hang back.  Carrying left leaves a good angle to the green.  Carrying right but not making it past the bend towards the green leaves an awkward shot.  Hanging back leaves a longer, potentially partially blind approach
5 - Agree that it's similar to 11, I tried to rework it after the fact but left it as is.  I think it's a better hole from the green tees (no set tees on my course), since going for it is a real decision there.  If you don't think you can get there, then there's no reason to get close to the green.  There are wild contours short of the green.  So laying up, the decision is flat lie short and between the bunkers or take the high road right with a better view and perhaps better angle depending on the pin position.
6 - The risk is being able to hit it through the neck which provides the best angle to attack the green.  Provided a bail out area left for the timid, but that leaves a blind approach.
7 - One hole that tempts you into going for it but doesn't reward distance for distance's sake.  I think that's the hardest type of hole to build.  Laying up to the top of the hill is the best play.  Being overly aggressive will lead to a downhill lie to a shallow green.
9 - Reachable par 5 that dares and rewards you for going at it over the esker.  Lots of room to bail out but no advantage there -- shallow green and pot bunker from that angle and the esker may still come into play
10 - Not a huge carry right but some unknown there and daring required with carry over bunkers.  Advantage if played right is turbo kick around the corner and much shorter approach, even if angle isn't there.
11 - Strong risk-reward hole.  Tempt the hazard to get close to the green or bail out with lots of room right.
14 - Agree it's a strong hole.  Bite off as much as you dare off blind tee shot
16 - Not a ton of width, just negotiate the hazards, especially with the second shot to try to set up the third.
18 - Significant advantage for carrying the bunkers left.  Very tough approach for those who bail right.

As for the range, how big does a range need to be for a members course?  Mine is 70 yards wide at the base, 350 yards long and 120 yards wide at the end, with ample room surrounding.  Hitting down into a valley with rolling terrain.  I'm certain I've seen ranges like this in real life.

Alex Miller

« Reply #234 on: May 13, 2010, 02:33:08 PM »
I really tried to keep my course wide so the players would have options and places to miss. With an open site, I envisioned the potential for lots of wind!

I also didn't realize that including facilities would be part of the judging criteria. It seemed to me in the beginning that this contest was more about finding the best routing and course. Oh well  8)

Should be fun to see the threads for each competitor.

Daryn_Soldan

« Reply #235 on: May 13, 2010, 02:36:34 PM »
Charlie,

My extra 9 as a "kids course"?? I was thinking more along the lines of a couple clubs and a few "adult" beverages  ;D

- Daryn

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #236 on: May 13, 2010, 02:37:39 PM »
To each his own thread! Have at it guys. If you need a little assistance, let me know.

We'll link all of them here once the threads are up.

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #237 on: May 13, 2010, 02:39:05 PM »
Charlie,

My extra 9 as a "kids course"?? I was thinking more along the lines of a couple clubs and a few "adult" beverages  ;D

- Daryn

Sounds good to me Daryn! I'll be out on the Adult course with my beverages!

Nick Campanelli

« Reply #238 on: May 13, 2010, 03:07:59 PM »
Charlie, are we going to post one course at a time in separate threads?  Having more than one may get a chaotic?  Is there a way to keep track of this? 

Tim Nugent

« Reply #239 on: May 13, 2010, 03:37:31 PM »

I guess what hurt Jim's with me was I had a hard time with what he was asking the golfer to do.  Many holes appeared to have multiple paths but upon further investigation, the risk for the challenge wasn't rewarded, therefore I felt that after a golfer played the course, he would realize that it was more one-dimensional than it appeared.  Maybe that was his goal, to lead the golfer down the wrong path.  It seems that there is a lot of fairway that will end up with very little play - unless someone mishits.  2 and 9 were too similar as were 5 and 11,  The range was on a difficult piece and pretty small and some of the circulation green to tee in the SE was problematic - something that should not be on such a huge piece of property.  Jim did have a good collection of greensites and I really liked his clubhouse overlooking the 9th and the vista beyond and 14 is one of the best holes of the contest.

Thanks Tim, although I'll have to respectfully disagree with you. That's fine, you knew what you were trying to do, I was just having a hard time understanding it I was trying to provide sufficient width and allow for options off the tee, without dictating the line of play. It's these "options" I was having a hard time with.  I just felt that over time, they would be found to not eally be much of an option at all I wasn't trying to lead golfers consistently down the wrong path as much as tempting them with different options, some with obvious reward, some not.  I didn't want a course that you could simply overpower w/ length.

2 - Decide to carry the bunker left, right or hang back.  Carrying left leaves a good angle to the green.  Carrying right but not making it past the bend towards the green leaves an awkward shot.  Hanging back leaves a longer, potentially partially blind approachHanging back is only an option for some -reality for most.  Blind tee shot but to a featureless fairway but then another blind shot to the second landing area plus from the left the backing bunker is also blind. Whilke right may be an option, I would never take it, left seems to be the way to play this
5 - Agree that it's similar to 11, I tried to rework it after the fact but left it as is.  I think it's a better hole from the green tees (no set tees on my course), since going for it is a real decision there.  If you don't think you can get there, then there's no reason to get close to the green.  There are wild contours short of the green.  So laying up, the decision is flat lie short and between the bunkers or take the high road right with a better view and perhaps better angle depending on the pin position. This huge fairway between the creek and bunkers would tell me to find a comfortable distance between the two and take both out of play, leaving a short iron in to a wide green.  It's too long for me to even contemplate pulling driver and I don't see any better angle afforded by being right.
6 - The risk is being able to hit it through the neck which provides the best angle to attack the green.  Provided a bail out area left for the timid, but that leaves a blind approach. Those short bunkers dictate that middle/middle right is the place to be. No timid player is going left - especially since with that short bunker- no benefit. Any approach from the left if frought with trouble.  If someone is good enough and long enough to go for the green from the left, he would hit it right.  No cross-bunkers to contend with, no carry greenside bunker and an open slot in.
7 - One hole that tempts you into going for do you mean drive the elevated green380 yds away?it but doesn't reward distance for distance's sake sure it does, there is nothing preventing me from grip it and rip it - I'm comfortable with the nice big driving range fairay and the closer I get, the easier the approach.  The lone far right bunker is the one that would get my attention.  But without something long left, I'll take the distance over the angle..  I think that's the hardest type of hole to build.  Laying up to the top of the hill is the best play.  Being overly aggressive will lead to a downhill lie to a shallow green.Again, huge fairway (ringed by what should be 7 out-of-play bunkers.  Nice greensite and fore bunkers but why the alternate approach? Awlful tough for just a layup.  And since it's a relatively short shot in, who exactly is laying up over there vs right in front?
9 - Reachable par 5 that dares and rewards you for going at it over the esker.  Lots of room to bail out but no advantage there -- shallow green and pot bunker from that angle and the esker may still come into playJust a bit too long for most to employ that strategy and most will play left - just like #2.  If you lost the rear tee and got the tee shot further left- out from behind the hillside, then carrying the esker would give one a speed kick to run on with
10 - Not a huge carry right but some unknown there and daring required with carry over bunkers.  Advantage if played right is turbo kick around the corner and much shorter approach, even if angle isn't there.so youwant me to risk all that carry just to get another carry into the green?  What do I gain? 20 yds? not enough for me. I'm going left -again.  Now if those greenside bunkers were guarding the left approach and the right was open, that's a whole 'nother thing.
11 - Strong risk-reward hole.  Tempt the hazard to get close to the green or bail out with lots of room right.Yes, I really liked this hole.  That's why it was distressing th#5 was similar -only weaker
14 - Agree it's a strong hole.  Bite off as much as you dare off blind tee shot
16 - Not a ton of width, just negotiate the hazards, especially with the second shot to try to set up the third.Not much in the way options here, just keep it straight and don't get wet. you just have to decide if there is any advantage to challanging the double hazard - I think not and would layup shy of both bunkers.
18 - Significant advantage for carrying the bunkers left.  Very tough approach for those who bail right.Although possible, 270/280 carry seems like a long way to carry those bunkers. I'm thinking most wouldn't try, either stay short or skirt the right side of them. since the green is uphill, most have to be thinking of flying it in.  Plus I don't understand what the bunker on the right is for - especially if you are thinking that's the bail-out.  If you wanted on for framing, it seems that further up  - on a diaginal with the left bunkers - would be a good spot and challange those who just want to bomb it up the right.

Also, it seems that a majority of your greens have a rear bunker of some manner.  While they look good, I have not found many instances where they really affect play much as most golfers miss short, left or right but rarely long

As for the range, how big does a range need to be for a members course?  Mine is 70 yards wide at the base, 350 yards long and 120 yards wide at the end, with ample room surrounding.  Hitting down into a valley with rolling terrain.  I'm certain I've seen ranges like this in real life.

Without the ability to scale disances, I guess it just "looked" skimpy in comparision to your golf holes. Perhaps some target greens and a tee would have provided some better definition./color]

Tim Nugent

« Reply #240 on: May 13, 2010, 03:45:26 PM »
I really tried to keep my course wide so the players would have options and places to miss. With an open site, I envisioned the potential for lots of wind!

I also didn't realize that including facilities would be part of the judging criteria. It seemed to me in the beginning that this contest was more about finding the best routing and course. Oh well  8)

Don't worry, I think everyone forgot a maintenance facility.  The reason I included thise items was this needs to be an all inclusive master plan.  Siting a clubhouse on a great knoll overlooking the world is great - as long as you can get to it and have enough room to park 200 cars - safely.  A major cost can be entrance roads and extending needed utilities far into a site.  Plus, how do the circulation work from arrival to the range to the 1st tee to the 18th green and back to the clubhouse.  Clubhouses are really tough to design because most do not want to have a bad side (the service side for deliveries/garbage ect.

Alex Miller

« Reply #241 on: May 13, 2010, 03:49:01 PM »

Don't worry, I think everyone forgot a maintenance facility.  The reason I included thise items was this needs to be an all inclusive master plan.  Siting a clubhouse on a great knoll overlooking the world is great - as long as you can get to it and have enough room to park 200 cars - safely.  A major cost can be entrance roads and extending needed utilities far into a site.  Plus, how do the circulation work from arrival to the range to the 1st tee to the 18th green and back to the clubhouse.  Clubhouses are really tough to design because most do not want to have a bad side (the service side for deliveries/garbage ect.

All good points and certainly true. I just didn't even know or think to include them. I left space for a clubhouse and if you look at my routing it's pretty obvious where it would be. I even got the nines to almost return, enough to skip out on the back or head in after 9 anyway. Obviously for me, it's too bad that was part of the judging criteria, but I'll live and learn. I'm very honored to be part of the top 3. Well, 4 I guess.  ;D

Tim Nugent

« Reply #242 on: May 13, 2010, 03:59:02 PM »

All good points and certainly true. I just didn't even know or think to include them. I left space for a clubhouse and if you look at my routing it's pretty obvious where it would be. I even got the nines to almost return, enough to skip out on the back or head in after 9 anyway. Obviously for me, it's too bad that was part of the judging criteria, but I'll live and learn. I'm very honored to be part of the top 3. Well, 4 I guess.  ;D
well, that's just me, I don't know about the other judges - evdently they didn't place as much emphasis on it.  But I really liked you hole designs and thought you did a great job of protecting the Line of Charm.  Yours was pretty evident where the CH was supposed to be and the entrance from the north, so I just plugged that in.  So you only got partially hammered ;D

I'm sure you next one will be even better (and more complete).  I look forward to seeing it

Jim Colton

« Reply #243 on: May 13, 2010, 04:00:53 PM »
Thanks for your feedback Tim.  I'll keep those thoughts in mind for next go 'round.  One thing I had in mind was a windswept course without set tee markers, so a lot of mid-length par 4's are better from one set up.  I only put the back tees there for when those holes are extremely downwind.

Tim Nugent

« Reply #244 on: May 13, 2010, 04:13:48 PM »
Thanks for your feedback Tim.  I'll keep those thoughts in mind for next go 'round.  One thing I had in mind was a windswept course without set tee markers, so a lot of mid-length par 4's are better from one set up.  I only put the back tees there for when those holes are extremely downwind.

Don't get me wrong, the bones ARE there.  An exercise I do is to take a handful of "typical players" and play them through the course and from various tees just to see what they should, would and can't do. Then adjust accordingly.  I try to not preclude any segment and when it comes to risk/reward, the risk should be equal to the reward - ie. 2 clubs for 2 clubs or a 1/2 shot for a 1/2 shot and a full shot for a full shot.  I also try to not have reprition in the amount of R/R to keep it interesting.  Contrary to what some feel, I try not to penalize the bailout as in many cases, for a large segent, this is their only option.  If I'm looking for a carry option, I'll be generous and only expect you to hit +/-75% of your ability.  To keep golf fun, you shouldn't have to play at the edge of you abilities.  Golfers have a hard time putting 2 good shots together, let alone 3.  So a minor victory within a hole can be huge for them.

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #245 on: May 13, 2010, 04:24:00 PM »
Alex -
You didn't loose any points with me - you were my leader in the clubhouse at one point...

I know of a great golf course without a range, dirt entrance road and no consideration for getting trash from the "clubhouse".  :)
Those items weren't graded by me.

We can fit a maintenance facility anywhere for this exercise - the golf comes first - like I said Don's in charge of making it work - so I'm sure it will.
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Tim Nugent

« Reply #246 on: May 13, 2010, 04:56:14 PM »
So now, without further ado: the results of the contest!

Before that though, I will say that I’m going forward with only 3 judges. Life and work got in the way of the Emperor getting to it. He’s a good friend and has given me much encouragement and inspiration, as he did the original GCA armchair architects contest using the fabled Ocean Links (NLE) as his canvas. But we’ve got to press onward.

To view the individual numbered entries, go to this web link: http://cid-f73fd6728c175582.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/AAC%20Contest%20Entries

First the results and then the judges scoring. Note that I didn’t do any statistical methods or various things. Just a straight average, low score wins.

Name      Number      Total Score   
   Nick Campanelli      005      2.333333333   
   Daryn Soldan      009      3.333333333   
   Jim Colton      002      4.333333333   
   Alex Miller      010      4.333333333   
   Gary Kurth      008      4.666666667   
   Michael Baldwin      001      6.333333333   
   Andy Gray      013      7.666666667   
   Emil Weber      006      8.333333333   
   Ed Oden      012      8.666666667   
   Garland Bayley      007      9   
   Guy Nicholson      003      10.33333333   
   Steve Lang      011      10.33333333   
   Will Peterson      004      10.66666667   

001      002      003      004      005      006      007      008      009      010      011      012      013   
   Judge 1      6      1      11      9      3      8      12      10      4      2      13      5      7   
   Judge 2      3      9      13      12      3      5      6      2      1      7      10      8      10   
   Judge 3      10      3      7      11      1      12      9      2      5      4      8      13      6   
   Total      6.333333333      4.333333333      10.33333333      10.66666667      2.333333333      8.333333333      9      4.666666667      3.333333333      4.333333333      10.33333333      8.666666667      7.666666667   

The Winning Entry:

Congratulations Nick!

what happened to the last 5?  And J2 has 2 - 3's.  #5 should be a 4. This  doesn't change the tally. Just tightens things up a bit.

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #247 on: May 13, 2010, 05:10:45 PM »
Scroll right Nuge!

Garland Bayley

« Reply #248 on: May 13, 2010, 05:58:37 PM »
Charlie,

What were the topos that you stitched together for this thing?
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #249 on: May 13, 2010, 07:27:58 PM »
Charlie,

What were the topos that you stitched together for this thing?

In descending order:

Dedham Polo and Country Club

Erin Hills

Lehigh Country Club

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back