News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

M. Shea Sweeney

Classic Golf Photo's
« on: March 31, 2010, 02:19:25 PM »
I am in search of classic pictures. Jones, Hagen, Sarazen, Hogan, Snead, Venturi, Palmer, Nicklaus, Trevino, etc.

Looking for basic run of the mill type quality, not rare or basicallly I am not looking to spend a ridiculous amount of money.

Looking to frame and hang on a wall.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Kevin_Reilly

Re: Classic Golf Photo's
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 02:32:57 PM »
Have you looked at the Watts collection?

http://www.historicgolfphotos.com/store/category/golfers/
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Lynn_Shackelford

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 04:48:53 PM »
Once in a Spokane hotel gift shop I saw a great picture of a young Bobby Jones posing with Harry Vardon.  Due to the framing it was pricy, but I came very close to buying it.  I haven't seen it since.
It must be kept in mind that the elusive charm of the game suffers as soon as any successful method of standardization is allowed to creep in.  A golf course should never pretend to be, nor is intended to be, an infallible tribunal.
               Tom Simpson

Sam Morrow

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 09:30:16 PM »
There are some great pictures out there of Jones where when you look at him you can't help but see some Phil Mickelson in there.

Steve Lang

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 10:16:50 PM »
 8) like

or

« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 10:18:45 PM by Steve Lang »
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

BCrosby

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 10:21:44 PM »
Once in a Spokane hotel gift shop I saw a great picture of a young Bobby Jones posing with Harry Vardon.  Due to the framing it was pricy, but I came very close to buying it.  I haven't seen it since.

Lynn - I've seen the Vardon - Jones picture in a couple of books and in old magazines. It's around, though I've never seen a framed copy for sale.  

Bob

Brian_Ewen

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 12:04:00 AM »
ebay !

Lynn_Shackelford

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 02:17:44 PM »
Thanks Brian.  Now I got to work on a quality enlargement of the 8X10.
It must be kept in mind that the elusive charm of the game suffers as soon as any successful method of standardization is allowed to creep in.  A golf course should never pretend to be, nor is intended to be, an infallible tribunal.
               Tom Simpson

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 04:18:29 PM »
What about these, little older than requested and one or two courtesy of the Uni of St Andrews

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back