News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Carl Nichols

What county do the Schmidts come from?   :P

Sven Nilsen

With those bloodlines, please refrain from dancing, you'd probably break something.
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

Richard Hetzel

Will the BAC even matter, will it be a dry weekend (or evenings in the cabins) ?

I sure hope I am getting strokes with all these sub-single digit cappers.......can't wait for this weekend!
Best Played So Far This Season:
Crystal Downs CC (MI), The Bridge (NY), Canterbury GC (OH), Lakota Links (CO), Montauk Downs (NY), Sedge Valley (WI)

Tom Yost

George,

I hate to sound like a pompus ass but I'm a British 4.  Most of my recent rounds were played overseas.

Steve

Steve,

I hate to sound like an ignorant prick, but I have no idea what that means...

It means he is a +1 over here  ;D

Tom Yost

Gents,

Per the club, we will be able to either walk with a Caddy or ride with a forecaddie (if the entire group rides). 

Is a brisk sachay permissible?

What about a walk where the right leg isn't silly at all and the left leg merely does a forward aerial half turn every alternate step??

Zack Molnar

I would love to add my name to the alternate list if that is still a possibility. I am from Ohio, but I spend all my summers up in Northern Michigan, so add me to the Michigan side.
And if I cant be added this year, hopefully I can be included next year.

Thanks!

Zack

Richard Hetzel

Just wanted to BUMP this topic up...has anyone given any more thought to an early Saturday round at the Warren Course????
Best Played So Far This Season:
Crystal Downs CC (MI), The Bridge (NY), Canterbury GC (OH), Lakota Links (CO), Montauk Downs (NY), Sedge Valley (WI)

Patrick Hodgdon

George, something has come up and I unfortunately won't be able to make it. :( Please fill my spot with one of the alternates.

I'll look forward to playing in the 2nd annual MM next summer.
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Tony Weiler

Patrick, I too, want to make the 2nd Annual.  Some of these guys will be on a Doak, with Doak.  How cool is that?  Maybe he has to be an annual MM entrant.   8)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 09:52:27 AM by Tony Weiler »

Patrick Hodgdon

Patrick, I too, want to make the 2nd Annual.  Some of these guys will on a Doak, with Doak.  How cool is that?  Maybe he has to be an annual MM entrant.   8)

No kidding Tony! I'm pretty bummed I won't be able to make it, but as the saying goes, "There's always next year..."
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

Carl Nichols

I sent a couple of emails (about the cabins, etc.) to the midwestmashie email address Patrick had set up -- should I send them to George?

Patrick Hodgdon

Carl I forwarded those to George so he has them.

Carl Nichols

Thanks Patrick. 

Andrew Lewis

George -

My calendar has opened up for that weekend, and I'd love to play if you need people.  Could you please add me to the alternates list?

Best, Andrew

Patrick Kiser

This sounds like a great time.

Can't do it all with the KP plus have fall plans, but wish I could go.  Kind of like the Kingsley trip.

I'd go just to drive Shivas's tii ...  ;D

“One natural hazard, however, which is more
or less of a nuisance, is water. Water hazards
absolutely prohibit the recovery shot, perhaps
the best shot in the game.” —William Flynn, golf
course architect

Brad Tufts

Hey guys...looking forward to the event.

I e-mailed the Mashie website, but not sure if it went through.

I'm a 0, will room with whoever doesn't mind rooming with someone born in the 80s, and don't need a caddie unless everyone's taking them.

Thanks!

-Brad
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Jim Colton

George, something has come up and I unfortunately won't be able to make it. :( Please fill my spot with one of the alternates.

I'll look forward to playing in the 2nd annual MM next summer.

Doh!  I lost a roomie.  Anybody want to bunk up?

Tim Nugent

Jim, sure i will.  IM me
Coasting is a downhill process

George Freeman

The first page of this thread has been updated to show that Kevin Cahoon is now in the event as Patrick unfortunately had to drop.  I'll try to keep the info on that page as current as possible.

If I don't hear from guys about food, I will assume they are in for all meals.  For the guys who have spoken to me about food (and caddies and lodging), you're all set as I am tracking everything.

Also, if guys guys want to swap b/c their current team doesn't make sense geographically, let me know.  I think Liddy and Bice would be a good swap, correct?
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

George Freeman

Also, can the following guys confirm if you'll be staying in the Cabins (single or double (if available)):

Ken Fry
Matt O'Brien
Ari Techner
Patrick Boyd
Carl Nichols
Bill Steele
Dave Schmidt

I apologize if any of you have already mentioned this.

Thanks!
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Carl Nichols

George-
I've sent a few emails to the midwestmashie address, but yes, I'm in for the cabins, don't have a strong preference for single vs. double, though prefer the former. Can we also stay Friday night?

Jon Heise

Just an update for us, me, Kris Belcher and Rich Hetzel will share a cabin.  Low round will get first dibs on beds...
I still like Greywalls better.

Tim Nugent

If any are flying into Chi (O'hare ofr Midway) I could pick them up on my way Sat AM.
Coasting is a downhill process

Ken Fry

Also, can the following guys confirm if you'll be staying in the Cabins (single or double (if available)):

Ken Fry
Matt O'Brien
Ari Techner
Patrick Boyd
Carl Nichols
Bill Steele
Dave Schmidt

I apologize if any of you have already mentioned this.

Thanks!

George,

I'll be commuting from home.  Thanks!

Ken

Kevin Cahoon

George,

Thank you for the update as to my status. I am looking forward to the event. My current index is 5.4. If there is room in one of the cabins that is available, I am a happy to share a room.

Kevin

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back