News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Chris Flamion

Wow the hackers are still 6 strokes better than I am......I am currently an 18, but could go either way still. 

Went to the driving range today and I think I was happy with 10% of the shots.....uhoh

Finally, I will gladly hoof it along the right side of the course.

George Freeman

There will be cabins available for Friday night for those who inquired.
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Dan Moore

I didn't know this was going to be a sanctioned Nationwide Tour event!  My goodness, are there enough sub-5 handicappers in this group??

George,

Notice how most of the low cappers are on the Michigan side and they haven't even weighed in with Ari Techner or Ken Fry yet. 

Will our Sun Mountain carts be permitted?  Otherwise I would also like a caddy. 
"Is there any other game which produces in the human mind such enviable insanity."  Bernard Darwin

Ken Fry

I didn't know this was going to be a sanctioned Nationwide Tour event!  My goodness, are there enough sub-5 handicappers in this group??

George,

Notice how most of the low cappers are on the Michigan side and they haven't even weighed in with Ari Techner or Ken Fry yet. 

I have humbly forwarded my "C" player rating of a 4.0 to Mr. Doak.....

Tim Nugent

George,

Dan, not to worry, they put me on the Mich side to even things out ;D
Coasting is a downhill process

PThomas

George  - originally i could only play on Sunday, but now that's not even probable, so pls give my spot to someone else, thanks
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Jud_T

I didn't know this was going to be a sanctioned Nationwide Tour event!  My goodness, are there enough sub-5 handicappers in this group??

George,

That'll just give 'em more to whine about after the Chicago side leaves with the trophy in hand.... 8)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 11:11:57 AM by Jud Tigerman »
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

George Freeman

Gents,

Per the club, we will be able to either walk with a Caddy or ride with a forecaddie (if the entire group rides). 
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Jud_T

George,

I'll do either, whatever works best for your pairings is fine...
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

David Egan

I'll walk or ride, I couldn't care less.  I'll do whatever makes this as easy as possible for the organizers.

Chuck Brown

George it looks like your rosters are pretty well set, but I'd still like to go onto an alternate list if I can.  Thanks!

Hey Ari -- Are you flying into Detroit or Chicago?

Ken Fry

Is a brisk sachay permissible?

Only after hitting the green of the 243 yard par 3 5th hole with your putter......

George Freeman

Is a brisk sachay permissible?

Only after hitting the green of the 243 yard par 3 5th hole with your putter......

You took the words right out of my mouth...
Mayhugh is my hero!!

Carl Nichols

Patrick:
I sent an email to the midwestmashie email address. . .

George Freeman

Patrick Boyd, the first alternate, has moved into Paul T's recently vacated spot.  Glad you can make it Patrick!
Mayhugh is my hero!!

Patrick Hodgdon

Got it Carl. Will update tonight, thanks.
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Matt OBrien

Ari Techner, Patrick Boyd and myself will be arriving Saturday morning and will be staying Saturday evening. We will also be there for dinner. Thank you for allowing us to play. Looking forward to it.

Matt Harrison

Really looking forward to this- and am confident in Captain Doak's ability to "have a good feeling" about the Michigan side winning!  Not so sure how I feel about team shirts...

I am fine to ride or take a caddie- would prefer walking with a caddie, but not a big deal.

I will take a single room for Saturday, and since I do not know anyone well on the MI squad, am glad to play with whoever.

Currently a .3 index, but can't play to it! 

George Freeman

Mayhugh is my hero!!

Jim Colton

Yesterday, I was somewhere around a 0.3 as well, but I haven't the feintest idea what indexes have to do with it...

Shivy, maybe for pairings?

Steve Salmen

George,

I hate to sound like a pompus ass but I'm a British 4.  Most of my recent rounds were played overseas.

Steve

Jim Colton

Has this somehow morphed into some kind of sissy net event or something?

"Handicaps?  F**k that sh*t!  Pabst Blue Ribbon!"  

Shivy, I was just trying to answer your question.  You've asked twice while we're worrying about indexes.  I think it's simply to set up the matches roughly evenly, not to morph into a sissy net event.  I'm assuming the matches will be played scratch.  George and Tom can confirm.

George Freeman

He is talking about having a .3 blood-alcohol level Jim   ;)
Mayhugh is my hero!!

George Freeman

George,

I hate to sound like a pompus ass but I'm a British 4.  Most of my recent rounds were played overseas.

Steve

Steve,

I hate to sound like an ignorant prick, but I have no idea what that means...

George
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 11:05:32 AM by George Freeman »
Mayhugh is my hero!!

Steve Salmen

Their system is different, based on competition scores.  Just put me at 4.  Thanks.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back