News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Gib_Papazian

Completely Off-Topic - The Redhead gets famous
« on: March 05, 2010, 12:40:43 AM »
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=7305770

Our own Wayne Freedman tracked her down, not knowing she was wifezoid of the Armenian.

Nothing about architecture, but something fun to share with the Treehouse.

Mike Cirba

Re: Completely Off-Topic - The Redhead gets famous
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 06:47:50 AM »
Great story, Gib and Darva...and Wayne..

Thanks for sharing!   ;D

Dan Kelly

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 07:07:28 AM »
Gib --

Terrific. Thanks.

Thar's gold in them thar Hills(borough)!

And as I'm guessing you know: There's a little book -- part memoir, part mystery -- in the known and unknown story of that ring.

Dan

P.S. On second thought ... maybe that ring is a Trilogy waiting to happen. Or even a Cycle!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 07:24:37 AM by Dan Kelly »
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

PCCraig

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 08:39:00 AM »
Gib-

Great story!

Your wife plays a mean piano!
H.P.S.

John Foley

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 09:01:35 AM »
How cool!!

Why couldn't they find a way to get you on camera??
Integrity in the moment of choice

Kalen Braley

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 09:28:18 AM »
John,

I was wondering the same.  It would have been awesome for Gib to be shrieking how Fazio has ruined Rivieria in the background or something!!   ;D

Gib,

I'm sure your wife is a happy customer, and as we all know, when the wife is happy, we're happy!!!

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 09:47:08 AM »
Gib --

Terrific. Thanks.

Thar's gold in them thar Hills(borough)!

And as I'm guessing you know: There's a little book -- part memoir, part mystery -- in the known and unknown story of that ring.

Dan

P.S. On second thought ... maybe that ring is a Trilogy waiting to happen. Or even a Cycle!

Dan,

Perhaps the story has someone obsessing over it:  "My Precious! Oh, my Precious!"

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 09:58:25 AM »
Gib,

All's well that ends well.

Great story, but, an even greater mystery, Oregon to the Midwest and back to California.

That's some journey.

No doubt that TEPaul will claim that Crump had that all plotted out before he died since he knew Darva's mother and grandmother.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 12:24:20 AM by Patrick_Mucci »

RJ_Daley

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 12:02:15 PM »
Gee, how could a classically beautiful woman with an eye for design tastes like that (blue necklace worn in the interview) end up with a guy with a golf swing like Gib's?   ;) ::) ;D 8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Adam Clayman

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 01:17:24 PM »
Gib, Thanx for sharing. The red head looks marvelous. It was a shame I didn't get to see her on my recent visit.

BTW, Remember the sleeve of balls I gave you? The group is coming to the O club in November. Would you like to be officially invited?

I consider it destiny.

"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 04:00:22 PM »
Great story, and and even better outcome!
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Rick Shefchik

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 04:14:44 PM »
Thief breaks into a house in Oregon, cleans out the jewels, fences them for what he can get, the ring in question is sold to a pawn shop, a struggling young couple walks in and buys the ring, they marry, they move to the Midwest because of a job transfer, the wife dies, the guy decides to sell the ring on e-Bay, a woman in California recognizes her ring and buys it back.

That's the outline. Now what's needed is a Nicholas Sparks to turn it into a book, a movie, and a billion dollars.

"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

Mike Benham

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010, 04:31:28 PM »

Wayne and I used to go to the same barber ... :)
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Bill_McBride

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2010, 05:08:24 PM »
You are one lucky guy, Mr. Papazian!

Me too - my wife made her first hole in one today, 135 yard 5 wood on our fourth hole.   ;D

Dan Kelly

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010, 05:24:29 PM »
Thief breaks into a house in Oregon, cleans out the jewels, fences them for what he can get, the ring in question is sold to a pawn shop, a struggling young couple walks in and buys the ring, they marry, they move to the Midwest because of a job transfer, the wife dies, the guy decides to sell the ring on e-Bay, a woman in California recognizes her ring and buys it back.

That's the outline. Now what's needed is a Nicholas Sparks to turn it into a book, a movie, and a billion dollars.

Good start, buddy.

But I think we need to sex it up a bit. Maybe add a little ... kink factor to the plot.

(Sorry, but as you might imagine, I couldn't help with the writing, there -- though, as always, I'll be available to help with the "cleanup.")

Oh, and let's add some golf to this. Maybe the ring could show up back in Oregon, charred a bit, when Tom Doak finds it in a pile of  gorse ashes during the construction of Old Macdonald.

Ooh! Ooh! Now we're rollin'! Maybe Macdonald OWNED the ring for a time. Gave it to one of his mistresses, after a midnight assignation starting on the Bottle Hole and ending on the Alps!

Gib's an expert on Macdonald. He can be our consultant on this! Or write it himself, of course.

But whoever writes it, I suggest this nom de plume: Nicholas Spanks. The right font could turn a name like that into a billion dollars -- no matter what sort of trash it is!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 05:28:35 PM by Dan Kelly »
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Rick Shefchik

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2010, 05:31:29 PM »
Now that's moving the football down the field...or driving the golf ball down the fairway.
"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

RJ_Daley

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010, 09:17:23 PM »
You are one lucky guy, Mr. Papazian!

Me too - my wife made her first hole in one today, 135 yard 5 wood on our fourth hole.   ;D

This can only be followed up by two sequel posts describing how the lucky couples each celebrated their rare good fortunes...
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tim Bert

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2010, 08:57:18 AM »
Gib

Very nice story! 

Please don't take this question the wrong way as I'm not intending to be a kill-joy but I am genuinely curious about an additional detail that I don't think got mentioned in the story. How were you able to be certain it was the SAME ring and not just another ring that looked exactly the same?  Was it a one-of-a-kind with specific markings or something like that?  It certainly looked unique in the video but it also seems possible that the jeweler created more than one. 

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2010, 11:47:52 AM »

Wayne and I used to go to the same barber ... :)

Apparently, I'm Wayne's barber...
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2010, 12:22:34 PM »
Anyone else think of “Rosebud...Rosebud”

My wife’s engagement ring belonged to an Aunt of mine, probably dating to the 1920’s.  Over the past 20 years one of the small diamonds sheared in two and the clasps on the large central one kept lifting, so she stopped wearing it.  We took it to Hatton Garden this year and no one could repair it, and so the silver was melted and the ring remade into an (almost) identical one.  My wife is delighted and wears it with pride.  Safe in the knowledge she doesn’t read this, I can say I’m not quite so sure.

Diamonds are so hard but it takes a Fitzgerald to explain how we attach sentimental values to them.  Great story thanks for sharing.

If George Pazin is reading this can he please get in contact for a get to know?  Not the Armenian...
Let's make GCA grate again!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back