News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matthew Rose

Re: This hole is UGLY! (and bad architecture)
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2010, 02:13:02 AM »
Is that an Arthur Hills course?

American-Australian. Trackman Course Guy. Fatalistic sports fan. Drummer. Bass player. Father. Cat lover.

John Moore II

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2010, 03:27:11 AM »
Brett-Bunker placement on the right? I don't see any bunkers on the right, only the left. Am I missing something? The first thing I noticed was the complete lack of fairway width. How long is that hole? Is it meant to be played directly at the green with the fairway being an afterthought or what?

Brett Morris

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2010, 04:47:04 AM »
John,

Under the second picture you should see the bar to scroll across the picture to the right.

Brett Hochstein

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2010, 04:58:06 AM »
Brett,

Hahahaha

But on a serious note, it sort of reminds me of some of the U.S. Open courses where the fairway was narrowed just for the tournament, putting the bunkers off the fairway and almost trumping the rough as a more serious hazard than the hazards themselves.  Why does that hole you posted even have a fairway? Or that bunker?  Who gets to design these things?  ???  Arghh.
"From now on, ask yourself, after every round, if you have more energy than before you began.  'Tis much more important than the score, Michael, much more important than the score."     --John Stark - 'To the Linksland'

http://www.hochsteindesign.com

John Moore II

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2010, 04:58:52 AM »
John,

Under the second picture you should see the bar to scroll across the picture to the right.

Handy. Is that bunker on another hole, or is it really on the hole you have a picture of? I see there is another tee at the top of the hill.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2010, 08:30:21 AM »
Either way,

That fairway is mowed so narrow, its almost comedic!!   ;D

John Moore II

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2010, 11:15:20 AM »
Either way,

That fairway is mowed so narrow, its almost comedic!!   ;D

I think you could hit that fairway though.  ;D   Yeah, its really narrow, hopefully there is no wind there.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back