News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

George Pazin

Re: Florida Project
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2010, 03:33:24 PM »
I don't think Tom was blaming anyone, merely pointing out the (perfectly valid) reasons he won't be adding more info, and requesting others show restraint. Seems the least we could do is respect the wishes of those involved.

Good luck, everyone, hope to hear the official word soon.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Kyle Harris

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2010, 03:51:49 PM »
One of the neatest properties I have ever seen for a golfcourse is just eat of Lake Wales on Hwy 60. It is an active sand quarry and alot of earth has been moved around a lake was dug out. the color of the water in the lake is incredible

Yes yes yes. You pass by there on the way to the main entrance to Bok Tower.

Carl Nichols

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2010, 04:11:41 PM »
While we're talking about cool places for a project, how about the dunes in between the runways at LAX and the Pacific? Just drove past there for the 1st time, and have no idea how much land there is, but it looks great for golf.

Tim Nugent

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2010, 04:17:05 PM »
Cary, I used to do that drive as an alternate to the expressway.  There used to be houses there (old streets used to be there) but it looks like the condemmed them due to the runway flight paths.  Pretty cool when you "happen" upon it for the first time cause you just don't expect to find that much open land there. 
Coasting is a downhill process

John_Cullum

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2010, 07:21:04 PM »
One of the neatest properties I have ever seen for a golfcourse is just eat of Lake Wales on Hwy 60. It is an active sand quarry and alot of earth has been moved around a lake was dug out. the color of the water in the lake is incredible

The bulk of the land is currently used for paintball grounds. A very efficient way to generate income off of idle land. I have suggested the same to a client of mine in Georgia who has non producing acreage
"We finally beat Medicare. "

Kyle Harris

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2010, 07:32:53 PM »

The bulk of the land is currently used for paintball grounds. A very efficient way to generate income off of idle land. I have suggested the same to a client of mine in Georgia who has non producing acreage

Sounds like a good use for the Country Club of Tampa Bay or whatever that course is along 75 near your house.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back