News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom_Doak

Re: Fazio on Cypress Point - "There have been some discussions"
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2010, 11:10:42 AM »
I spent a day at Riveria during the tournament 2 weeks ago and I thought Tom Marzolf did a very good job with the bunkering, better than what was there. The scale of the bunkers is HUGE and only did I know that after seeing them up close. I love the rolled lip of sod and thought that they turned out pretty good. If everyone knew why the wash/depression on #8 looks like it does, you might understand it better.

Anthony:

#8 is a whole different kettle of fish.  But you liked the repositioned fairway bunkers on 8 and 15 and 17 more than the Billy Bell-evolved bunkers?  I thought they were the wrong scale ... anybody could pick out that they are at a slightly different scale than the older ones, and the mounds they're built into are high enough to blind views to the green if you are short of the bunker and have to play over it, unlike any of the older ones.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 11:23:28 AM by Tom_Doak »

Tim Nugent

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2010, 11:19:46 AM »
Anthony, you don't by chance have a close-up of that rolled sod edge?  While I don't mind the new look of the bunkering at Riv, although I haven't seen them in person.

Tom, why does this bother you?

Readiing between the lines, sounds like Tom Fazio is just making press.  Although, he might do something just to say he did and put another notch in the bedpost.  Did the bunkers at CPC get some attention about the time Mike Stranz was at MPCC?
Coasting is a downhill process

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2010, 11:23:43 AM »
Tom,
  I never saw Riv before the current work.

Tim,
  Unfortunately, I do not have any pics, BUT the scale of the edges were up to 2 feet of a grass edge-pretty cool!
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back