News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Germain Pepin

Green Gables PEI- Recent pictures
« on: February 16, 2010, 06:13:51 PM »
I am searching some recent pictures of Green Gables in Prince Edward Island. If you have somes or a link to somes,i would appreciated to see them.

I am planning to visit the island this summer and i want to play this renovated course. It would give me a first idea of this course.

Thanks !

Tyler Kearns

Re: Green Gables PEI- Recent pictures
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 02:00:58 AM »
Germain,

Jeff Mingay posted some post-renovation photos as well as some historical shots, Thompson plans and the lost holes in the dunes back in late 2008 (November?). I tried to re-post the photos, but the file sizes are too large to be attached.

TK

Germain Pepin

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 08:21:19 AM »
Thanks Tyler,it is very appreciated.

I have seen those pics in making a search function previously. I was searching something more recent, like last summer.

Thanks again,

Germain

Yannick Pilon

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 10:41:14 AM »
Hi Germain,

Try the following link to my picasa account to see the few pictures I took of the place last summer.  They are not great, but will nonetheless give you a good idea of the place.

http://picasaweb.google.com/yannickpilongolf/GreenGables20090714?feat=directlink

Cheers.

YP
www.yannickpilongolf.com - Golf Course Architecture, Quebec, Canada

Germain Pepin

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 10:51:56 AM »
Great Yannick, it is very appreciated.

Jamie Barber

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 11:39:18 AM »
Is PEI an expensive place to visit? My wife was a childhood fan of the Anne of Green Gables book/films so taking a vacation there would get some brownie points and maybe a chance for me to play some golf.

It's not on our normal tourist radar in the UK.

Germain Pepin

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 11:50:11 AM »
I would not say that it is an expensive place to visit. I have visited the island last year and played Crowbush, Dunderave, Bruddenell and Mills River, top quality courses. For a small island there is a lot of golf courses there (maybe 20-30 courses). It is a great golf destination in Canada, the island is so beautiful.

Jason McNamara

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 04:42:06 PM »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back