News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dan Herrmann

Which architectural feature(s) are you most proud of....
« on: February 04, 2010, 07:55:24 PM »
What architectural feature(s) are you most proud of at the course/club you play most often? 

Is it a quirk that only a few notice, or is it a key feature that's well known to all?  How about guilty pleasures at your home course?

Ronald Montesano

Re: Which architectural feature(s) are you most proud of....
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 08:04:37 PM »
Duhhhh...2 mile Creek!!
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Mike Benham

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 08:17:18 PM »

The cheeseburger ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Patrick Hodgdon

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 08:28:45 PM »
As a caddie I've always loved the few spots on greens where a putt breaks in the opposite direction of how it looks, by a lot.
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

JC Jones

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 08:56:56 PM »
As a caddie I've always loved the few spots on greens where a putt breaks in the opposite direction of how it looks, by a lot.

Well then, you are going to LOVE Kingsley this summer.  Last I played there, with the Superintendent, Dan Lucas, he read a putt for me on the 18th green and it broke the opposite way he thought.  I'm not sure if there is anyone (save the Sadist who created them) who knows those greens like he does. 
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Mike_Trenham

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 10:19:45 PM »
In a way I'm most proud of the fairway expansions we did last fall at my club.  It was a great way to keep our project moving forward during a down economy.

We expanded about 6 fairways back towards fairway bunkers and greenside bunkers.  Ron Prichard is our consulting architect. He came out one Saturday morning and met with us sprayed lines and told us stories and then checked in mid-week to see how the first pass looked and tweeked the lines.

The project was just about free as our Green Superintendent and his Assistant mowed down the grass and seeded the areas and moved a few sprinkler heads.

I'm also proud that I got the club to use the grass from our putting green to expand the 8th green and 15th green back to their original size a few weeks before the original clubhouse and putting green were demolished a few years back.
Proud member of a Doak 3.

Tim Gavrich

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 01:46:09 AM »
At Vista Links, one of the two courses the W&L golf team practices at, I absolutely love the diagonal rock outcropping that affects the layup on the long par 5 second hole.  If you lay up short of it, you'll have 120-140 yards, mostly blind.  If you challenge it, you can roll the ball up close to the green.  Perfect bit of strategy.

Senior Writer, GolfPass

Sean_A

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 03:02:47 AM »
Well, I wouldn't quite say I am proud of any feature at my clubs.  I am most pleased that each club remains very affordable for me and a huge percentage of "golfers" or else I may have given this game up eons ago.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Nothing

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back