News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Greg Ohlendorf

Re: What is the protocol...?
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2010, 04:47:17 PM »
Paul (and Jack, Chris, and Kyle),

I wonder if this was the only question still lingering from this trip!?!?  8)

Greg

Paul OConnor

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2010, 04:58:17 PM »
I'm still trying to figure how I took a full swing with a driver and the ball only went 150 yards, really this is the most important unanswered question.

With regards to the question on protocol, it was asked, "how would you like to be treated if it were you", which is a fair question.  Frankly, I would have far more admiraton for my partner if he were to continue the match and win it on his own, than if he just quit.  And if he ended up losing, well, I guess that's one bet I wouldn't have to pay on now isn't it!!!

Cliff Hamm

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2010, 05:18:07 PM »
If you have to ask...

Greg Ohlendorf

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2010, 05:24:44 PM »
I'm still trying to figure how I took a full swing with a driver and the ball only went 150 yards, really this is the most important unanswered question.

Paul,

So are we!!

All the best,

Greg

Pat Burke

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 06:08:03 PM »
Out of respect for the deceased a circle should be drawn around the body with white paint identifying the area as ground under repair. It would completely inappropriate to play a shot from the crotch of a dead guy.

I believe we have a temporary immovable obstruction, not GUR.   :-\

Dale Jackson

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 06:19:39 PM »
Out of respect for the deceased a circle should be drawn around the body with white paint identifying the area as ground under repair. It would completely inappropriate to play a shot from the crotch of a dead guy.

I believe we have a temporary immovable obstruction, not GUR.   :-\

Well to take this to somewhat of an extreme, technically a live person is an outside agency, a dead person is a loose impediment if he/she can be easily moved and is not solidly embedded. 

Someone said earlier this would get out of hand, and at least with this post, clearly it has.  Nothing wrong with a little gallows humour from time to time though.
I've seen an architecture, something new, that has been in my mind for years and I am glad to see a man with A.V. Macan's ability to bring it out. - Gene Sarazen

Tony Weiler

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2010, 06:31:07 PM »
I think it depends on if you were under par, or not.  I mean, this happens on say, 17 and I'm under, I finish.  Hole 7, well, lots of time to blow up, so I'd probably not continue.  Now, however, if I were 6 under thru 7, or something ridiculous like that, I'm playing on.  (I'm not sure if Paul is serious, but I firmly have my tongue in cheek).  ;D

J_ Crisham

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2010, 08:31:18 PM »

With regards to the question on protocol, it was asked, "how would you like to be treated if it were you", which is a fair question.  Frankly, I would have far more admiraton for my partner if he were to continue the match and win it on his own, than if he just quit.  And if he ended up losing, well, I guess that's one bet I wouldn't have to pay on now isn't it!!!
Paul, Paul, Paul,  Your teeshot that only traveled 150 yds was only surpassed in shot making skills by the 30 yarder you hammered in front of our host ;D  I thought i was the only player with that shot in my bag- hey, I vouched for the fact that you are a true 2 hndcpr! That's what happens when you shovel too much snow and then try to swing the sticks the next day.
                                                                                             Jack

Jason McNamara

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2010, 08:32:22 PM »
Well to take this to somewhat of an extreme, technically a live person is an outside agency, a dead person is a loose impediment if he/she can be easily moved and is not solidly embedded. 

To quote Dobereiner again (it's been a few years):

"So if the club captain had an air shot and collapsed with mortification on the 4th fairway, his inert body would be a loose impediment, but the club which had fallen from his hand would be an obstruction."

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2010, 11:24:26 PM »
After many years on gca, this is the worst post I have ever read and it should be taken down
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Dónal Ó Ceallaigh

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2010, 02:39:52 AM »
A joke relating to this:

At the funeral, the clergyman made a point of praising his playing partners for carrying the deceased to the clubhouse. One of the deceased's playing partners who was present at the funeral turned to a fellow club member and whispered:

"yeah, but it was hell lifting him up after every shot on the back 9". ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back