News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jud_T

Re: Chicago GCA Dinner: A Saturday Evening in February?
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2010, 07:11:07 PM »
That date works for me.
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Greg Ohlendorf

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2010, 08:08:43 PM »
All,

Clint will work on a place suggestion tonight. We will shoot for either 2/16 or 2/17 as dates. I will also check with our super Bob Lively to see if he is available on one of those dates to speak to the group.

Back soon.

Greg

Mark Smolens

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2010, 08:31:32 PM »
We could probaby get the big table in the back room at Tufano's.  Not a corkage place, but size and location would work. . .

Steve Salmen

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2010, 08:40:04 PM »
I would love to be a part of this evening regardless of location.

In full disclosure, I live close to Carmichael's Steak House.  However, it's very good and 6 blocks off the 290 and 2 blocks off the 90/94.  I don't mind doing some leg work to make this an awesome evening.

PThomas

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2010, 08:42:34 PM »
All,

Clint will work on a place suggestion tonight. We will shoot for either 2/16 or 2/17 as dates. I will also check with our super Bob Lively to see if he is available on one of those dates to speak to the group.

Back soon.

Greg

either of those would be good for me...thanks again!
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

JR Potts

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2010, 09:00:21 PM »
I should be able to partake.  Like Shelly said, weekdays work best for me.

Look forward to it.

Dan Moore

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2010, 09:32:12 PM »
I'm in. 
"Is there any other game which produces in the human mind such enviable insanity."  Bernard Darwin

Jeff Goldman

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2010, 11:47:57 PM »
Me too. I'll see if I can bring a guest
That was one hellacious beaver.

Jud_T

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2010, 09:53:41 AM »
Frontera has private rooms as well, if they're available....
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

PCCraig

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2010, 10:05:44 AM »
Frontera has private rooms as well, if they're available....

That's a good idea! Frontera is great.

As a practical matter, for commuting purposes, you need to keep this somewhere near downtown.

Considering how many people seem to be interested now I agree with Dave that this is probably best downtown. My earlier suggestion was just that, a suggestion of someplace a little off the beaten path that would be better suited for 10-20 people.

Looks like it's forming into quite a group. Look forward to seeing/meeting everyone!
H.P.S.

Mike Demetriou

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2010, 10:30:55 AM »
There is a terrific restaurant on Belmont & Halsted called Jack's. The owner, Jack, is a golf nut, and caddied for years out at Oak Park CC. The food is excellent, and I suspect that we could entice him to set aside a large portion of his rest on a weeknight like the 17th for a group of us.

I also love the Frontera idea, but thought I'd throw out the idea since Jack is a golf fanatic.

Thoughts?

Mike Demetriou

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2010, 11:40:17 AM »
On another note, are there any 19th holes that are open for dinner on a weeknight that might be convenient for this group? Selfishly, I live downtown and would prefer a downtown spot, but it would certainly be appropriate to dine at the scene of a crime.

Too bad the location of the Reverse Jans National Clubhouse Grill is so secret, we could just dine there...

Jud_T

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2010, 11:46:27 AM »
Another possible idea is to hear about the work being done at Butterfield.  I may have a contact if the Floosmoor idea doesn't pan out....

Greg Ohlendorf

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2010, 12:03:35 PM »
To all,

I just talkef to Jack this morning. The date is Thursday February 25th. Downtown location (I'll have that soon as well as the specific time, thinking 7 pm).

Bob Lively, superintendent at Flossmoor will be in attendance as a guest speaker. He will talk about the recent three year project at FCC. Other guest are certainly welcome to participate as well. I will start to compile a list of attendees. Please let me know if you are in. Should be a great time!

Greg

Jud_T

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2010, 12:06:37 PM »
i'm in

George Freeman

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2010, 12:07:35 PM »
Greg,

I will be there. 

Thanks!
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

PCCraig

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2010, 12:09:23 PM »
To all,

I just talkef to Jack this morning. The date is Thursday February 25th. Downtown location (I'll have that soon as well as the specific time, thinking 7 pm).

Bob Lively, superintendent at Flossmoor will be in attendance as a guest speaker. He will talk about the recent three year project at FCC. Other guest are certainly welcome to participate as well. I will start to compile a list of attendees. Please let me know if you are in. Should be a great time!

Greg

Greg...I'll be there. Thanks again to you guys for setting everything up.
H.P.S.

Mike Demetriou

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2010, 12:51:31 PM »
I'm in as well - excited to learn about FCC.

Phil McDade

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2010, 01:25:01 PM »
To all,

Greg

Greg:

Here's the Flossmoor thread from this summer:

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,41166.0/

Background for others: Greg and a few others organized a GCA/raters outing this summer at Flossmoor, with a round and some in-depth discussion about the course. To me, one of the real highlights was the conditioning of the course -- very fast and firm, in the middle of a Midwestern summer. For those interested in really digging into course preparation and conditioning, I'd strongly encourage attendance, as Bob had the course in outstanding shape.

I may try to get down -- certainly the 25th is a better option for me than earlier in February.

PThomas

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2010, 04:27:43 PM »
i'm in Greg, thanks much
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Kevin Cahoon

« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2010, 04:32:35 PM »
Greg,

I will be able to join the group.

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2010, 05:21:10 PM »
If you've a Chicago Club member in the group the private dining there is great, we opened the Royal Cinque Ports tour with a dinner there for our IL hosts last summer.

I'm sorry I cannot be present as i'd love to hear Bob speak he has done a great job at FCC.
Cave Nil Vino

Jud_T

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2010, 06:32:29 PM »
Greg O- check your PM

Greg Ohlendorf

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2010, 06:58:57 PM »
Phil,

We'd love to have you down!

Greg

Greg Ohlendorf

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2010, 08:06:56 PM »
All,

We have reservations in a private room downtown at Erie Cafe at 7 pm on Thurs. Feb. 25th.

http://www.eriecafe.com/

It sits on the river at the end of Erie St. (hence the name). Easy to get to, valet parking, wine friendly.

I have the following confirmed since the date was set.

Kevin Cahoon
Paul Thomas
Mike Demetriou
Greg Ohlendorf
Clint Squier
Bob Lively
Pat Craig
George Freeman
Jud Tigerman
Jack Crisham

The following have expressed interest earlier in the thread, before the date was set (please let me know if you can make it)!

Chris Flamion
SL Solow
Bill Wernecke Jr.
Mark Smolens
Steve Salmen
Ryan Potts
Dan Moore
Jeff Goldman
Dave Schmidt

Others are welcome!!

Should be a great time. Thanks again to Jack for suggesting it.

Just drop me a note if you are in.

Best,

Greg

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back