News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Sweeney

The Buczkowski's
« on: January 07, 2010, 09:35:47 PM »
At Sugarloaf Golf Club

John "Sarge" Cullum, Pete Buczkowski, Dylan Sweeney, Mike Sweeney, Patrick Hodgdon, JC Jones, Max Steele, Bill Steele
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 09:47:36 PM by Mike Sweeney »

JC Jones

Re: The Buczkowski's
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 09:50:28 PM »
Why are you so tall?
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 10:52:23 PM »
Wish I could have been there.

Did the Sweeneys beat the Steeles in the post round squash doubles?

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 07:53:17 AM »
Great picture Mike, sorry I couldn't join you.

How was the golf course at Sugarloaf ?

JC Jones

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 08:30:58 AM »
Great picture Mike, sorry I couldn't join you.

How was the golf course at Sugarloaf ?

Definitely not a Doak 0.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 08:44:14 AM »

Did the Sweeneys beat the Steeles in the post round squash doubles?

John,

There is actually a doubles court at Johns Island. I have Dylan working on the squash for next year's rematch and The Black Hand working on Johns Island West for FatBaldyDrummer!!

Has anyone noticed the greatest name in the world for college football or golf - Max Steele? The kid is destined for Sportscenter with his swing and that name!

Patrick,

Considering the green fee and some of the grow in conditions they had last year, I thought the course was in great shape and it played the way that we all talk about - little brown and pretty firm. The greens needed just a touch more speed in them to show off the C&C contours. I played a second round there later in the week with my other son on a very windy day, and with the exposure above the lake at the top of the "mountain" too much green speed would made the course impossible.

Sugarloaf has the elevation changes that Matt Ward loves when he hits his 5.5 degree xxx stiff 48 inch driver  :), but it is fairly one dimensional as it is up and down one big hill and it is not rolling terrain like you find at Mountain Lake (in spots), Deltona and nearby Mission Inn. Every hole is good to very good in my view. On the Doak scale I give it a 6 with potential to climb. In the C&C family, it is the least compelling that I have seen, a reflection of their talent, but it is my favorite C&C in the winter!

Anthony Gray

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 09:12:06 AM »

At next years Dixie Cup, I'm standing beside Jason in the group photo. Looks like The Spirit of the Game is alive and well.Thanks for shareing.

Anthony

John Mayhugh

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 09:22:38 AM »

Has anyone noticed the greatest name in the world for college football or golf - Max Steele? The kid is destined for Sportscenter with his swing and that name!

Let's hope so.

I assume that guy standing to your right kept his shirt tucked in until after the round was over?   ;)

Patrick Hodgdon

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 09:26:14 AM »

Let's hope so.

I assume that guy standing to your right kept his shirt tucked in until after the round was over?   ;)

I'm pretty sure Mr. Squash would not have fit in too well at Merion with his NY Squash shirt untucked, but then again Merion is just like playing in your backyard so who really cares.

Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 09:52:09 AM »

I'm pretty sure Mr. Squash would not have fit in too well at Merion with his NY Squash shirt untucked, but then again Merion is just like playing in your backyard so who really cares.

What guys from the Midwest (and California) don't understand about Philly is filling up about 20 servers in Australia! I hear that Merion Cricket Club has a nice golf course!

Anthony Gray

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 11:57:33 AM »

I think West Virginia University has the top ranked squash team. With this become an annual event?

Anthony

Billsteele

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 02:39:30 PM »
John Mayhugh-Gravity dictates that I am much better at squashing than at squash.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 03:03:24 PM »
Bill,
Granted the Sweeneys look intimidating, with Dylan as the ringer and Mike's got some reach on you.  But between Max's Sportscenter-ready name and your craftiness, I give you guys a chance.

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010, 03:20:28 PM »

I think West Virginia University has the top ranked squash team. With this become an annual event?

Anthony

If WVU beats Yale in squash this season, we will put you in the Conley group next year for the FatBaldyDrummer in Orlando outing.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010, 04:08:02 PM »
If he's very, VERY lucky, another Scot may even lick his face... ;D

Great pic, Mike. Always nice to put faces to names. Only what? 334 days or so until FBD in O-Town...... ;)

FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 05:16:37 PM »

Anthony

No it doesn't.  My alma mater hasn't lost a squash match in 11 years.  We hold the record for the most consecutive wins in ANY sport in American history - 202 in a row.  You play squash?  You go to Trinity!

http://athletics.trincoll.edu/sports/msquash/index

"Head Coach Paul Assaiante has led his Bantam teams through an extraordinary run of undefeated seasons, repeatedly bringing home the Potter Trophy from the College Squash Association (CSA) Team Championships. The team has been showcased in Sports Illustrated, The New York Times, USA Today, and on ESPN, having won 202 matches in a row over the last 11 seasons. In addition to the 11 straight Potter Trophies, the squash program also boasts several ISA Dual Season titles, CSA singles and doubles titles, and consolation tournament titles. The team has had 59 All-American selections in the past 12 seasons, including 43 first-team honorees."

« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 05:23:16 PM by Jay Flemma »
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Anthony Gray

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 07:04:07 PM »

Anthony

If WVU beats Yale in squash this season, we will put you in the Conley group next year for the FatBaldyDrummer in Orlando outing.

Mike,

Come to think of it I may be wrong.....It is the banjo team that is ranked one.

Anthony

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back