News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Eric Smith

jonathan_becker

Eric,

What course is that? 

Hidden Creek

aaaahhhhh....I should have known.  It knew it looked very C&C.

Jed Rammell

Many years ago I was on the tee at an exclusive club with a long distance friend and his dad. I remarked to my friend at how lucky he was to play the course regularly. He replied that he rarely played at the club, and spent all of his time at the local muni with his friends. I didn't really get it until a few years later when I reflected on my fondest golf course memories; all occurred at dumpy golf courses with my friends and most memories still cause me to chuckle.

Everyone on this board wants to stand on the 16th tee at CP and measure themselves against the challenge, but if I never get that chance, I will have enough good memories from my hometown muni to suffice.

Dan Boerger

Shinnecock and Royal Dornoch.

"Man should practice moderation in all things, including moderation."  Mark Twain

Tony Weiler

TOC
Shinnecock
Sand Hills

Emil Weber

Old Course
Pac Dunes
Sand Hills

in 30 years maybe ;D

Mike Wagner

Oakmont
Crystal Downs
NGLA
PV

Jeff_Lewis

Cal Club
Castle Stuart
Clear Creek Tahoe

Jeff_Brauer

Many years ago I was on the tee at an exclusive club with a long distance friend and his dad. I remarked to my friend at how lucky he was to play the course regularly. He replied that he rarely played at the club, and spent all of his time at the local muni with his friends. I didn't really get it until a few years later when I reflected on my fondest golf course memories; all occurred at dumpy golf courses with my friends and most memories still cause me to chuckle.

Everyone on this board wants to stand on the 16th tee at CP and measure themselves against the challenge, but if I never get that chance, I will have enough good memories from my hometown muni to suffice.

Now, how wise is this?  Most golf is played for the camraderie and friendly competition, and not to post a personal best at a hard course or win money, etc.  And, that is how it should be.
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Jeff_Lewis

I will check off two more from my list in the next seven days ... Gavea (Brazil) and Indian Creek (Miami).

Banff and Jasper are 1-2 on my list now that I've played El Saler, but it will be a few months before I think about the Canadian Rockies.

Tom, Happy New Year.

Will be very interested in your thougts on El Saler, Gavea and Indian Creek....I think only one of them is outstanding, and one of them is a bit sad for what has been lost.

JMEvensky

The old question "would you rather play Pine Valley by yourself or Goat Track Muni with all your friends?".

I made the same observation a while ago on here and some responded that they'd prefer PV solo.I think after a couple rounds,most would reconsider and go back with their friends.Golf is a social game unless you play for a living.

That said,I've never played Pine Valley--so that would top my list.

Jud_T

Easy solution,

Have this as your local muni:
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Garland Bayley

Santa Teresa.

Good choice Sean. The host there has to be terrific. He can show you where he made his hole-in-one and rose to high stature in his son's eyes.

For me it's EIEIO.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Morgan Clawson

Merion and Crystal Downs

archie_struthers

8) ;D :D

IN no particular order

Augusta

NGLA

Prairie Dunes

TOC

Royal Melbourne

Tom Huckaby

Chip - thanks.
Garland - darn right, and that's likely ALL that makes me rise in my son's eyes.  But of course any visit to Santa Teresa must also include a trophy viewing, where you can see that Huckaby name next to club champion for 2004 and 2006.
Kalen, Sean - be careful what you wish for.  Be very very careful.  Also plan 6+ hours for the round.  :'(

TH

btw, EIEIO is very high priority for me as well.

Jed Peters

Banff and Jasper are 1-2 on my list now that I've played El Saler, but it will be a few months before I think about the Canadian Rockies.

Tom:

Jasper is about the best place you can take a family in the WORLD. Plenty to do non-golf. And the course is unfrigginreal.

Do yourself a favor and GO.  Banff is cool to hit on the way there and the way back from Calgary. Don't forget to stop for a day hike from Chateau Lake Louise as well.

Oh yeah.....

I want to play some good courses with my friends again.

Eric Franzen

TH,

WTF is EIEIO?

RGDS,

EF

Garland Bayley

"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tom Huckaby

___ _________ had a farm, EIEIO.
And on this farm there was a golf course, EIEIO
with a Doak Doak here and a Doak Doak there, here a Doak there a Doak everywhere a Doak Doak
Bahto Bahto here, Bahto Bahto there, here a Bahto there a Bahto everywhere a Bahto Bahto
Klein Klein here, Klein Klein there, here a Klein there a Klein everywhere a Klein Klein
Urbina-bina here, Urbina-bina there, here a Bina there a Bina everywhere an Urbina
Keiser Keiser here, Keiser Keiser there, here a Keiser there a Keiser everywhere a Keiser Keiser
___ ________ had a farm, EIEIO

Hopefully that helps.  Many here - Garland and I included - do not care for the name of this soon to officially open golf course.

;)

Eric Franzen

Huckaby,

You are a twisted fellow. But in a good way.

---

(also, thanks Garland!)

George Freeman

Welcome back Huck!
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Jordan Wall

Newport CC
Shoreacres

Huck, whats up man, good to see you back !
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 05:01:57 PM by Jordan Wall »

Tom Huckaby

thanks guys.

Jordan - that is a damn fine tyop there.

;D

Jim Franklin

Huck -

EIEIO is my #1 to see. I hope you got the shirt I sent you.

As for ANGC, I will keep my daughter rather than play there.
Mr Hurricane

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back