News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean_A

Re: Official GCA Pay It Forward Experiment
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2010, 01:54:16 AM »
Steve Salmen snatched the Muirfield Guide Book.  I still have the Turnberry Guide books available. 

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2010, 09:55:36 AM »
BUMP NUMERO DOS

Previous post:
I grabbed Martin's swag, so I'm putting some up of my own...I have to say that this has been a nice way to exchange gifts beyond the holiday season...I just gave the St. Andrews stuff to a friend who was quite surprised to receive it.  The Winged foot headcover will look sporting on my putter (or a friend's, if another appears) this season...So here's my offer again...

A copy of Bob Labbance's last or penultimate book, The Life and Work of Wayne Stiles.  I can't remember if it or the Vardon book came out first.  In any case, fire me your name and I'll fire you the book.

--Ron M.

Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2010, 10:24:48 AM »
Ron: Thanks for the bump and for your continued interest in this thread.  I still think it could exist perpetuity as both an exercise in goodwill and a way to clean out one man's trash.

If anyone feels the urge to digest the current status of the thread (as I did once), feel free.  It's helpful to know what's currently "available."

I'll also remind everyone that it's perfectly acceptable to jump in more than once.  If anything sounds useful or interesting, claim it, then offer something of your own!  There's no limit here; GCA-related stuff is preferable, but hosting a player for a round and/or introducing someone to a highly-regarded friend and/or offering equipment or a nice shirt from a great club are all possibilities.

Wade

John Mayhugh

« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2010, 07:48:59 PM »
Still available - an extra copy of Geoff Shackelford's Grounds for Golf.  If you don't have it, you should.

Mac Plumart

« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2010, 04:03:49 PM »
Ok...I finally might have something cool.

I am on the 15th tee at Cascata, which is a 192 yard par 3, when I notice a white ball marker stuck deep down in the grass surrounding the tee box.  Now, why I was compelled to reach down and dig it up...I don't know.  But I did, and it is a Chicago Golf Club ball marker in pretty darn good condition. 

So, if anyone wants it...let me know I will ship it out to you.

I've also got an East Lake logo ball and a Shadow Creek ball marker...if anyone is interested in those.
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Mac Plumart

« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2010, 09:59:40 AM »
Now I've got a few extra logo balls from NGLA and Seminole.  If anyone wants 'em, let me know.

Joe Fairey

« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2010, 10:51:24 AM »
If anyone would like, I have ANGC  scorecard....PM please

Mac Plumart

« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2010, 11:00:31 AM »
John...is the grounds for golf still available?  If so, I would love to read it.  I hear it is great!

Matt_Davenport

« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2010, 06:40:52 PM »
Ron,
Would the Stiles book still be available?

I'll offer up a 1999 Ryder Cup program from the event played at The Country Club

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2011, 09:13:21 PM »
Today I remembered this thread.  I dug it from the archives and blew dust from it.

I encourage all of you to read the last few posts.  Several items are available (still, I assume) to anyone who wants them.  Simply agree to pass something of interest along to the next requester.  It's that easy!

WW

Dan Byrnes

« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2011, 11:08:31 PM »
I have a sleeve of logo'd Pro V1's from Augusta National.  Can send the sleeve or split them up if there is more than one interested party.  These are logo'd Augusta National, not Masters.

Dan

Michael Hayes

« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2011, 11:40:14 PM »
I have an brand new stimpmeter available...
Bandonistas Unite!!!

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2011, 07:46:52 AM »
I believe that I sent out the Stiles book, so it is gone...I'm going to trot over to the golf museum and see what I have left...be back later with a post.

Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Kalen Braley

« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2011, 09:20:14 AM »

Michael,

I would love the stimp meter.  My buddy and I go back and forth on this nearly every time we play!!

Michael Hayes

« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2011, 10:01:11 AM »
Quote from: Michael Hayes on Yesterday at 09:40:14 PM

Michael,

I would love the stimp meter.  My buddy and I go back and forth on this nearly every time we play!

Kalen, it is yours.  It has sat in the corner of my office for the last 5 years. all I know is my carpet has gone from 8.0 to 9.6 in that time...

If memory serves me correct you are a spokane/CDA guy, I am about 4.5 hrs south of you near McCall.  We should have the exchange @ gozzer.  Late May/Early June may be perfect.  Now I am off to get first chair at Brundage Mountain and then play 9 holes this afternoon, the perfect biathlon.
Bandonistas Unite!!!

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2012, 07:35:06 PM »

If anyone wants a pair of these size 13 Links shoes, send me an IM or email. I wore them 5 or 6 times, and I just do not like the low heel.

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #91 on: December 24, 2013, 09:57:50 PM »
In the holiday spirit, I'm resurrecting this thread.

Anyone want a pair of shoes?

Anyone want to offer something else?

Pay it forward!

WW

JLahrman

« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2013, 11:41:41 PM »
Hmmm...I'm a size 14 or I would probably bite on those. Plus I don't have much swag. I could send on my cobweb-covered clubs.

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #93 on: December 25, 2013, 10:48:27 AM »
Swag folk can have if they want!

An SFGC blue driver headcover - never liked it after I bought it

A mustard yellow Maidstone putter cover

I will take the SFGC headcover followed by the Maidstone cover if still available.

I'm offering up a 2004 US Junior Amateur Championship yearbook played at the Olympic Club.  I have 2.

I also have a Pine Valley scorecard, numerous Cypress Point scorecards and a Kittansett scorecard.

Tim Martin

« Reply #94 on: December 25, 2013, 11:56:49 AM »
Swag folk can have if they want!

An LACC old school black leather driver head cover with zip. Will only cover a driver similar to an old taylor made burner.

An SFGC blue driver headcover - never liked it after I bought it

A Shinnecock hills incredibly vulgar multicoloured logo driver cover with SHINNECOCK HILLS GC written in large letters on it. LOL.

A Shinnecock brown leather effect valuables pouch

A mustard yellow Maidstone putter cover

Clubs people can have: a cut down Titleist 905T driver with green stiff Aldila shaft - the shaft is 85G but obviously the inch cut down means swing weight is pretty light.

Clubs I will sell at cost: a brand new Joe Powell persimmon driver. Hit it literally twice and it was too heavy for me. It's a gorgeous club though and worth £200. You can have it for £50.

Brian-Those are some cool items and that is very generous. The mention of the Joe Powell driver reminded me of an event that took place probably twenty years ago at least. My dad bought me a Joe Powell persimmon driver as a gift and had me meet him early before our round under the pretense that he wanted to go to the range. He gave me the driver and it was the prettiest club I had ever laid my eyes on. His excitement quickly faded as he watched me hit one gigantic slice after another. Remember how the old balls curved off of wooden clubs? It was the equivalent of giving me a new baseball mitt and watching me drop fly balls in perpetuity. I felt horrible and said don't worry that I loved it and would learn to hit it. He said that it wasn't the right club for me and to stick with what I had and we would find something else. It went back in his trunk and I never laid eyes on it again although it has remained the source of laughter as the story is occasionally recounted. :)

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2016, 06:16:45 PM »
Bringing the Pay It Forward back from the dead.

It's the season of giving, after all.

WW

Jon Cavalier

« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2016, 10:40:49 PM »
Bringing the Pay It Forward back from the dead.

It's the season of giving, after all.

WW

Love the thread, Wade.

I'll start it off this time around - if anyone is interested, I'll send you a print of any one of my photos. You pick the one you want (this site, Twitter, Instagram, doesn't matter), and I'll send it to you.

Happy holidays.
Golf Photos via
Twitter: @linksgems
Instagram: @linksgems

Ben Hollerbach

« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2016, 10:57:00 AM »
Love the thread, Wade.

I'll start it off this time around - if anyone is interested, I'll send you a print of any one of my photos. You pick the one you want (this site, Twitter, Instagram, doesn't matter), and I'll send it to you.

Happy holidays.

I'll jump on that Jon!

As my response, I'll send someone a 1920's hickory shafted putter.

Paul Jones

« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2016, 11:02:17 AM »
Love the thread, Wade.

Happy holidays.

I'll jump on that Jon!

As my response, I'll send someone a 1920's hickory shafted putter.

I will take the putter and send someone 2014 Masters Flag still in the wrapper with a scorecard.

Paul
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

Eric Smith

« Reply #99 on: December 23, 2016, 11:33:07 AM »
I'll take the flag and send someone my signed copy of the Confidential Guide Vol. 3.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back