News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim Colton

World Woods - Pine Barrens (Pics)
« on: December 04, 2009, 02:02:21 PM »
I was in Central Florida over Thanksgiving and had the thrill of bringing the whole fam out to World Woods one afternoon.  WW holds a lot of sentimental value for me, as it was the first really nice golf course I played and essentially is what started me down this whirlwind path of golf obsession.

I only have pics of the first few holes as we only made it through 8.  The course looked and played great.  Enjoy!

1st Hole:

2nd Hole:

3rd Hole:

4th Hole:

6th Hole:

7th Hole:

8th Hole:

The Fam:

« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 04:09:13 PM by Jim Colton »

Tony Weiler

Re: World Woods - Pine Barrens (Pics)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 04:35:19 PM »
Very cool, Jim. 

Adam Clayman

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 06:49:30 PM »
Jim, I bet it was in great shape?

They were recently closed for a spell and supposedly added some length to the Pine Barrons. Did you notice?

What else can you tell us about any changes? I know the 15th hole is completely different now, than it was years ago. What else?
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Steve Lang

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 07:18:40 PM »
 8) Jim,  is the little one a natural lefty?   looks like not a lot of ballyneal ground game going on there.. ::)
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Jim Colton

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 08:32:51 PM »
Jim, I bet it was in great shape?

They were recently closed for a spell and supposedly added some length to the Pine Barrons. Did you notice?

What else can you tell us about any changes? I know the 15th hole is completely different now, than it was years ago. What else?

Adam,

We never made it to the back nine. I had planned on zooming around the back to take pics, but it wasn't in the cards.  Cruising around trying to make sure your two-year old doesn't fall out of the cart is not the best way to study the architecture. I didn't notice any significant lengthening, with the exception of many an extra tee box at a slightly different angle on a couple holes.

I did a write-up of our trip, it was a memorable experience:  http://www.wegoblogger31.com/2009/12/first-roundthe-last-round.html

Steve, sadly all my kids are eighties. My eldest started lefty but made the switch to righty this year.

Ed Oden

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 10:05:52 PM »
I have never been to World Woods.  But the pictures look reminiscent of Forest Creek.  For those who have played both, are there similarities?  If so, how do they compare?

Ed

jonathan_becker

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 06:05:42 AM »
Jim,

I played 18 on the Rolling Oaks and 36 on the Pine Barrens that same weekend.  Both courses were in great shape and the practice facilities are ridiculously fantastic. 

I love the tee shot on PB #4.  Just like Ran says in his review, you step on the tee and go "wow!"

This was my first trip to WW and I played all 3 rounds for $180.  It's one of the greatest deals in all of golf.

Ron Csigo

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 03:52:04 PM »
Yes, #4 is a wonderful risk-reward hole dictated by the tee shot.  Visually stunning and very intimidating when seeing it for the first time.

Jim - Well done making an up and down par from the green side bunker. 
Playing and Admiring the Great Golf Courses of the World.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back