News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill_McBride

Re: To answer my critics, are cart tracks a design problem for architects?
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2009, 09:35:39 AM »
Bill,

As Kelly points out, while you can get around a wet course without paths (maintenance or golfers) you probably wait until it dries out a little.  Another financial factor on carts is the ability to get golfers back on the course sooner after a rain.  So, add in perhaps a half day per week of greens and cart fees you don't lose to weather, or about 3-5000 rounds as part of the financial equation (at least presuming those riding golfers wouldn't just walk instead)

I wasn't arguing with any of you guys, just saying carts are a fact of life but seeing walkers is a joy to behold.  The horse, or should I say the cart, is out of the barn.

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2009, 09:38:58 AM »
Bill,

And I wasn' arguing with you.....
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2009, 09:48:12 AM »
I remember a conversation at my former club, a Palmer design, with the late Ed Seay about cart paths. He said that he designs the course first and then worries about the cart paths. Over the years, the paths have changed there somewhat due to membership concerns. I recently played there and noticed that some paths have moved into wooded areas thus avoiding bounces off the former cart path.

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back