News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean_A

Re: Aussie Golf Architecture Mag
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2009, 02:10:59 AM »
Brian
I think copies of issue 11 will be available when we get to Melbourne.

Mark
I'm not really sure where we are at re articles for the postponed next issue, but I think the new editor has already planned the article list for it. Occasionally i used to specifically 'commission' an article when I was editor but mostly the writers themselves submit their ideas to the editor. If you have an idea submit it to me and I can pass it on.
neil@golfstrategies.com.au

Bill
there are only two so its not a big field to be the best in!!

Neil

I hope copies of Vols 1,2, & 11 are about - the Society took my money yesterday!

Garland

I don't think its even close, the Aussie Mag is miles beyond anything in the golf market.  The Euro mag is online BTW

http://www.golfcoursearchitecture.net/Default.aspx

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2009, 03:12:17 AM »
Please guys... Credit where credit is due...

The Australian mag is absolutely great... It also appeals to and features many contributors on this board with its take on GCA... But remember it is yearly.

The European mag is quarterly and is run with unending enthusiasm by Adam Lawrence who has just started to contribute here. It is also fantastic.

If I were to put an issue of one against the other and was asked to choose, then yeah, I'd more often go for the Australian mag... But it's only once a year and more expensive... Adam gets 4 of these out consistently and this also allows him to be current and relevant about new projects and work that is underway...

Sean_A

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2009, 03:25:44 AM »
Please guys... Credit where credit is due...

The Australian mag is absolutely great... It also appeals to and features many contributors on this board with its take on GCA... But remember it is yearly.

The European mag is quarterly and is run with unending enthusiasm by Adam Lawrence who has just started to contribute here. It is also fantastic.

If I were to put an issue of one against the other and was asked to choose, then yeah, I'd more often go for the Australian mag... But it's only once a year and more expensive... Adam gets 4 of these out consistently and this also allows him to be current and relevant about new projects and work that is underway...

Ally

We all see things differently and for that matter the approach and focus of these two mags is different.  I am not saying the Euro mag is poor, but imo its not in the class of the Aussie mag.  That has more to do with what I am interested in as much as anything.  The bottom line is I buy one (the only one I do buy) and not the other.  I will say that I was impressed with the customer care of the Euro mag when I contacted them.  When I stopped the subscription they offered a few months free as an opportunity to reconsider.  I didn't take them up on the offer, but it was classy gesture.

Ciao
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 03:44:53 AM by Sean Arble »
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2009, 03:43:25 AM »
Indeed Sean,

My advice to most would be to go for both as they are both invaluable.

But if you must choose one only, then that should depend on what your focus is, as you mention...

Dónal Ó Ceallaigh

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2010, 05:20:07 AM »
Guys you're probably going to choke when I tell you this but we have run into a slight problem regarding old issues of the magazine.
The old issues were stored at one of the arkies offices and they recently had to move house. There was not enough room to accommodate them and the call went out to get rid of some of them before they were ..um...binned.

We had plenty of offers to take one or two be we literally had hundreds of them and wanted them moved in big numbers. After a couple of months of searching we could not find a buyer (for free). We still kept a supply of all of the issues that were availalbe.

I think we just went past D Day and I fear they may have gone. If there are any left I will make sure they get brought to melbourne meeting next week to take back home with some of you guys.

Richard:

What is the situation with back issues? Have they been binned?

I was on the SAGCA website earlier and it looks as if you can still order back issues. Is this still the case, as I'd like to order some, but wonder if I'll be wasting my time and also having my credit card debited for issues that are not available.

Also, any update on issue 12?

Dónal.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back