News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Anthony Gray

CRUDEN BAY....Hole 7......Classic Dog Leg
« on: October 26, 2009, 03:11:06 PM »

350 yards. 90 degree dogleg left in not less. Dome shaped green with run offs.

Line off the tee is a little left of the dark green bushes in the distance.

Flag can be seen between the mounds.

Back toward the tee.

Right of the green.

Anthony

Rob Rigg

Re: CRUDEN BAY....Hole 7......Classic Dog Leg
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 10:50:00 PM »
That course is so gnar gnar - I love it - and I can understand why a lot of peeps have it as their fave in Scotland - it's looks like uniquely mental golf of the highest order.

Thanks for the photos Antoiney!

Emil Weber

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 04:51:12 AM »
Ah how good does that approach shot look :o

John Mayhugh

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 08:25:27 AM »
Anthony,
Thanks for posting the photos.  Exactly why I would like to see Cruden Bay sooner rather than later.

Is this your favorite hole there?

Anthony Gray

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 08:30:39 AM »
Anthony,
Thanks for posting the photos.  Exactly why I would like to see Cruden Bay sooner rather than later.

Is this your favorite hole there?

Thanks John. All the holes have a little twist so it is hard to pic one, but 14 with the blind bathtub green stand out for me.

Anthony

Mark Pearce

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 08:31:42 AM »
John,

You really should see CB, you'll love it.  I'm not Anthony but 7, though very good, is not my favourite.  In fact the previous 4 holes are all stronger! 3 to 7 is a great run of holes.

Mark
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Rich Goodale

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 09:22:29 AM »
The 7th at CB was much cooler before they built those faux mounds on the left side of the hole ~5-10 years ago.  Before then, a slight pull left gave you a really thrilling semi-blind shot from the light rough over the left hand greenside hillock.  Now if you go left you just hack it out, US Open style, and then hit a wedge to the green.  Today's hole is classically uni-dimensional from the tee, i.e. "hit it in the fairway, stupid!"

John Mayhugh

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 12:46:09 PM »
John,

You really should see CB, you'll love it.  I'm not Anthony but 7, though very good, is not my favourite.  In fact the previous 4 holes are all stronger! 3 to 7 is a great run of holes.

Mark

Thanks.  I think it's just a matter of time.  If I can tear myself away from England & Wales, I'll head up there.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 02:07:31 PM »
John,

Mark

Thanks.  I think it's just a matter of time.  If I can tear myself away from England & Wales, I'll head up there.

John,

Start at St Andrews then up the coast to Carnoustie, Cruden Bay, Castle Stuart, and finish at Dornoch. What a week.

Anthony

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back