News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

Re: GCA Mock Fantasy Draft
« Reply #250 on: October 28, 2009, 07:22:02 PM »
What does that even mean, Sims, and why would you ever want to be identified by a tampon or a tampax or whatever that high-pressure wad is?

I PM'ed Jaeger...says he's online...must be asleep...The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of the live draft.

Cmon, we're almost thru 4 rounds in just 2 days....thats not too bad considering the number of peeps involved and various schedules.   ;D

P.S.  Depsite the commish's ruling on Shinny, I'm still calling bogus.  I guess its good Cypress went in the 1st pick or whoever went with Raynor would have picked it I suppose..   ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)

The commish made his ruling on Shinny to protect his own rear on his Pine Valley and Sunningdale being Colt courses.

Fair enough, he is the commish and has set the rules...so its all good!!!

I had just hoped there would be better discretion/sense of fairplay by those making such picks just to stack thier courses!!   ;D

Yeah, and the Lakers got Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown. It happens... ;D

Yes...but Kwame had tons of "upside"....

Besides I wouldn't expect peeps in other sports to be gentlemanly and govern themselves/actions fairly....as we know only golfers do that!!   ;)

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #251 on: October 28, 2009, 07:22:27 PM »
Play it, Sims, then call my pick shameful.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #252 on: October 28, 2009, 07:24:48 PM »
This is descending into an abyss...If people are going to criticize the creativity of my choices, they can suck the long hosel.  Let's marshal our efforts into putting a missing person's bulletin out on Kovich instead, to keep this thing rolling.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Jay Flemma

« Reply #253 on: October 28, 2009, 07:25:38 PM »
and he picked yahnundasis! WTF???

simsy...spyglass hill?  jack Nicklaus - "when I play spyglasss hill, it makes me wish I went fishing!"

You took Wolf Creek from The Dude instead of Hacienda Pinilla.  Worse than Spyglass...by far :D

I didnt take wolf creek!!! Get some glasses!  That was someone else!  And do you mean wolf point?  please clarify!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 07:27:40 PM by Jay Flemma »
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Ben Sims

« Reply #254 on: October 28, 2009, 07:26:39 PM »
This is descending into an abyss...If people are going to criticize the creativity of my choices, they can suck the long hosel.  Let's marshal our efforts into putting a missing person's bulletin out on Kovich instead, to keep this thing rolling.

Nice.  The long hosel.  I'll have to file that one away ;D

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #255 on: October 28, 2009, 07:28:21 PM »
As long as I get credit...use it.  What was that course that Neil Armstrong played on the moon?  Give that one to Jaeger.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Ben Sims

« Reply #256 on: October 28, 2009, 07:28:30 PM »
and he picked yahnundasis! WTF???

simsy...spyglass hill?  jack Nicklaus - "when I play spyglasss hill, it makes me wish I went fishing!"

You took Wolf Creek from The Dude instead of Hacienda Pinilla.  Worse than Spyglass...by far :D

I didnt take wolf creek!!! Get some glasses!  That wa someone else!

Ah.  Noted.  I meant to say, "Bulls Bay instead of Tot Hill for Stranz??"

Jay Flemma

« Reply #257 on: October 28, 2009, 07:30:27 PM »
Absolutely!!!!!  Have you freakin played them both?!  Night and day!  Bulls Bay is a holy place!  I wouldn't trade it for Oakmont!

Bulls Bay forever! 8)

and what is "Hacienda Panilla?"  "House of the former Dodgers coach?" ;D
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Jim Colton

« Reply #258 on: October 28, 2009, 07:31:43 PM »
With all the trash talking, we're officially a fantasy league.

59. Jaeger Kovich: Tilly - Somerset Hills, Winged Foot East, and Baltimore CC East
60. Jud Tigerman: Langford- Lawsonia, Skokie, Harrison Hills

Round 5
61. Jud Tigerman: Doak - Stonewall (old), Rennaisance Club, Stone Eagle
62. Jaeger Kovich: Coore & Crenshaw - The Plantation Course, Old Sandwich and Hidden Creek

I have a autopick for Jay is he doesn't go ahead and make one shortly.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #259 on: October 28, 2009, 07:32:37 PM »
I'm ready!!!

Perry Maxwell!

University of Michigan, Oklahoma City Golf and Country Club, Colonial!

Jay Flemma

« Reply #260 on: October 28, 2009, 07:35:00 PM »
With all the trash talking, we're officially a fantasy league.

59. Jaeger Kovich: Tilly - Somerset Hills, Winged Foot East, and Baltimore CC East
60. Jud Tigerman: Langford- Lawsonia, Skokie, Harrison Hills

Round 5
61. Jud Tigerman: Doak - Stonewall (old), Rennaisance Club, Stone Eagle
62. Jaeger Kovich: Coore & Crenshaw - The Plantation Course, Old Sandwich and Hidden Creek

I have a autopick for Jay is he doesn't go ahead and make one shortly.

HOLD IT JAEGER!  OLD SANDWICH WENT TO JUD TIGERMAN IN ROUND 3!  He loses that pick, right?

JC Jones

« Reply #261 on: October 28, 2009, 07:35:15 PM »
Willie Park, Jr.

Maidstone, Huntercombe and Olympia Fields

Now you know why Im bitter about the Sunningdale going to Colt picks by our shady commish ;) ;D
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Ben Sims

« Reply #262 on: October 28, 2009, 07:35:25 PM »
Absolutely!!!!!  Have you freakin played them both?!  Night and day!  Bulls Bay is a holy place!  I wouldn't trade it for Oakmont!

Bulls Bay forever! 8)

and what is "Hacienda Panilla?"  "House of the former Dodgers coach?" ;D

Jay,

As is the case with almost all of my picks.  Unfortunately, no, I haven't played them both.  Toured Tot Hill once though...

Jay Flemma

« Reply #263 on: October 28, 2009, 07:36:29 PM »
Willie Park, Jr.

Now you know why Im bitter about the Sunningdale going to Colt picks by our shady commish ;) ;D

JC, which olympia fields?  There are two...

Ben, you gotta see Bulls Bay...the members turned it into a shrine to mike's memory and - start to finish - it's his second best, behind MPCC.  From 1-18, it's better than Tobacco Road.  it was also Mike's home.

Here is Mike riding Degas and sitting in front of 18 green while sophie (left) and greta look on

« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 07:43:30 PM by Jay Flemma »

JC Jones

« Reply #264 on: October 28, 2009, 07:41:31 PM »
Willie Park, Jr.

which olympia fields?

ummmmm.....the one designed by Park (north). ??? ;D
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Jim Colton

« Reply #265 on: October 28, 2009, 07:43:59 PM »
Sorry, Jaeger sent a back-up pick, but he did include Old Sandwich in his PM to me well after it was picked.  I'm inclined to stick him w/ C&C as opposed to giving him pick #3.  Let's give him Talking Stick and call it even.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #266 on: October 28, 2009, 07:45:55 PM »
The commish has spoken!

Jim Colton

« Reply #267 on: October 28, 2009, 07:46:41 PM »
Willie Park, Jr.

All of JC's picks have been wiped out and are now back in the draft pool.  Behold the power of the commish!

JC Jones

« Reply #268 on: October 28, 2009, 07:50:55 PM »
Willie Park, Jr.

All of JC's picks have been wiped out and are now back in the draft pool.  Behold the power of the commish!

I take back all the good things I said about your generocity in hosting people at Ballyneal ;D

Garland Bayley

« Reply #269 on: October 28, 2009, 07:52:12 PM »
C'mon Jim

Which Talking Stick?

And don't tell me the one by C&C. ;D
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Rob Rigg

« Reply #270 on: October 28, 2009, 07:55:30 PM »
Call me TEAM KOTEX....

Cause I'm stuck in first place.  Zing!!

No way, you blew your Raynor picks and left Fishers on the board.  Unforgiveable. ;D

Other than Pacific Grove JC, my picks are all top 100 courses....looks okay to me.  Wait till you see my next one...

O no - Ben is throwing Top 100 around - I can't believe he went down that dark path - and Ben of all people  :'(

Jay Flemma

« Reply #271 on: October 28, 2009, 08:09:07 PM »
Willie Park, Jr.

I take back all the good things I said about your generocity in hosting people at Ballyneal ;D

I was trying to find a pic of the "Commissioner of the More Taste League" to post, but couldn't!!!

Ben Sims

« Reply #272 on: October 28, 2009, 08:15:19 PM »
O no - Ben is throwing Top 100 around - I can't believe he went down that dark path - and Ben of all people  :'(

I have my night vision goggles right here Rob. 

Mac Plumart

« Reply #273 on: October 28, 2009, 08:16:11 PM »
Alright...I'm online.  Business keeps getting in the way of this draft for me.  Ugh!!!

FYI...Per the rules of this draft, my Drew Rogers pick should be Drew Rogers/Arthur Hills.  If that matters to anyone.  

I don't think anyone else would take these courses, but I just wanted you all to know.

Can't wait for my next picks...they are going to be good!!!!!! :-*
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

JC Jones

« Reply #274 on: October 28, 2009, 08:19:46 PM »
Alright...I'm online.  Business keeps getting in the way of this draft for me.  Ugh!!!

FYI...Per the rules of this draft, my Drew Rogers pick should be Drew Rogers/Arthur Hills.  If that matters to anyone.  

I don't think anyone else would take these courses, but I just wanted you all to know.

Can't wait for my next picks...they are going to be good!!!!!! :-*

Im pretty sure you are up so have at it.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back