News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adam Lowes

Re: Photo Tour of Kennedy Bay Links, Western Australia
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2009, 02:23:31 AM »
Matt: Thanks for that, I knew that you would be in the loop. I think it sounds more like an urban myth than anything.

Josh: Unfortunately I have never played Albany GC, but look forward to doing so. I have seen photos, it looks wild.

Matt Day

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2009, 05:20:37 AM »
Matt: Thanks for that, I knew that you would be in the loop. I think it sounds more like an urban myth than anything.

Josh: Unfortunately I have never played Albany GC, but look forward to doing so. I have seen photos, it looks wild.
the railway sleepers aren't a myth. I used to rep in the turf industry and Carabooda was a good client.

They had a pile of railway sleepers stacked their for a few years

Adam Lowes

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2009, 10:10:39 AM »

the railway sleepers aren't a myth. I used to rep in the turf industry and Carabooda was a good client.

They had a pile of railway sleepers stacked their for a few years
Hmmm, interseting, hopefully.... one day..... it comes to fruition.

Mike, fascinating thought. The very thought of a MacKenzie track in Perth would have been amazing. We truly have great coastal areas, as you well know.

Josh Stevens

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2009, 10:14:52 AM »
For a country with one of the worlds longest coast lines, Oz is a bit light on for  Links.  I would think Albany and Barwon Heads are probably the only two genuine old links, with a few new ones such as Kennedy Bay and some coastal tracks that arent really links such as NSW.  A pity really, and not quite sure why it turned out that way - all the major cities are on the coast but the courses all seemed to have been built inland a bit. I guess it is a result of the fact that the great tracks are all in the metroploitan areas rather than out in the country as they tend to be in the US and UK, and so coastal land in these areas is just prohibitively expensive.

Andrew Summerell

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2009, 04:32:17 PM »
Great pics, Adam. Thanks for the review.....

....Although, I am a little concerned that someone would wear shorts with black socks.

David_Tepper

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2009, 09:18:46 PM »
Adam -

Thanks for the very nice pics. Contrary to what some of the people on this site think, here is further evidence that some wonderful golf courses are being designed and built in our golfing lifetimes.

DT

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2009, 09:33:58 PM »
Adam

Nice review - am glad to see it and SAB both "back" on the Australian golfing map.

Adam Lowes

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2009, 01:31:12 AM »
Josh: agree with you there, we are light on for links, but I think your reasoning is spot on. Perhaps Barnbougle Dunes can lead the way by showing what can be achieved with a great design on a great piece of land.

Andrew: very funny. That was a local, never met him before, but pretty typical of a Kennedy Bay member. If you have never visited the Rockingham area of WA, don't bother.......

David: I agree, and would love to see a few more.

Kevin: Thanks. Me too. Can't wait to play SAB sometime, it looks great. Was quite sad to think they could have both vanished into folklore.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back