News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Anthony Gray

Bump - there are 4 slots open at Royal Porthcawl and Pennard, just in case some of you folks were mulling over the Buda in September............

Tempting......

Sean_A

See Update on original post.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Nothing

John Mayhugh

Ciao

Just post you a check for the balance ($282.03 in my case) is all I need to do?

Sean_A

Ciao

Just post you a check for the balance ($282.03 in my case) is all I need to do?

Johnny of Ken-tucky

Yep - assuming you organized your hotels.  I will pay the green fees at Porthcawl & Pennard and organize dinner at Porthcawl.  I also plan to organize something for the Saturday night, but I am looking for guidance - which seems to be in light supply. 

Ciao

Eric Smith

Okay then, my vote is for dinner out on the town in Mumbles!

Bill_McBride

Okay then, my vote is for dinner out on the town in Mumbles!

Ditto.

Plus my proxy for Buehler!

John Mayhugh

Yep - assuming you organized your hotels.  I will pay the green fees at Porthcawl & Pennard and organize dinner at Porthcawl.  I also plan to organize something for the Saturday night, but I am looking for guidance - which seems to be in light supply. 

Had I known the service was available, I would have gotten you to book lodging for me too.   ;D

Mumbles for dinner on Saturday is OK by me.

Craig Disher

Remembering the great meal we had at Akbar's, how about the Mumbai in Mumbles?

James Boon

Sean,

I'm happy to eat elsewhere if the club have another funtion on.

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell, Brora, Parkstone, Cavendish, Hallamshire, Sandmoor, Moortown, Elie, Crail, St Andrews (Himalayas & Eden), Chantilly, M, Hardelot Les Pins

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Eric Smith

Sounds good to me.

Speaking of Akbar's, last night I watched the Bollywood epic Jodhaa Akbar .  If you haven't seen it, you must.  I loved this movie!

Mac Plumart

Is it better than Grease?

Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

James Boon

As long as its not a trap?

2023 Highlights: Hollinwell, Brora, Parkstone, Cavendish, Hallamshire, Sandmoor, Moortown, Elie, Crail, St Andrews (Himalayas & Eden), Chantilly, M, Hardelot Les Pins

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

mike_malone

When I was in Swansea last year I ate at a self serve Chinese spot recommended by the locals. I believe they charged me by the time. It was a great bargain.
AKA Mayday

Sean_A

See first post for updates.  

So far it looks like eating out on Saturday night is the preference.  I am leaning toward Patrick's (probably the best restaurant other than the outstanding Fairyhill on the Gower - but expensive) or Mumbai (a modestly priced Indian).  Any preferences?

Any volunteers/nominatiosn for Captains?

Ciao

« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 07:16:07 AM by Sean Arble »

Tony_Muldoon

I'm easy but whichever we don't go to Saturday becomes the choice for Sunday?

Why not pick the one you like best Sean as you won't be there Sunday?

PS thanks for organising and guys where's the support?

Let's make GCA grate again!

Ben Stephens

Any volunteers/nominations for Captains?

Ciao

I would like to nominate Robin Hiseman as the ROW captain - due to his battle hardened BUDA experience and is playing all of the venues which also helps.

Also I am awaiting the rugby season fixtures - there is always a Friday night match in Wales 7.30 ish KO. I am hoping the Ospreys will be playing at home in Swansea - the other alternatives is Scarlets in Llanelli or Cardiff Blues. If anyone is still interested in watching a rugby match let me know.

Ben Stephens

Any volunteers/nominations for Captains?

Ciao

I would like to nominate Robin Hiseman as the ROW captain - due to his battle hardened BUDA experience and is playing all of the venues which also helps.

Also I am awaiting the rugby season fixtures - there is always a Friday night match in Wales 7.30 ish KO. I am hoping the Ospreys will be playing at home in Swansea - the other alternatives is Scarlets in Llanelli or Cardiff Blues. If anyone is still interested in watching a rugby match let me know.

Aww shit! We have the dinner on Fri - maybe there will still be a game on Sat night and curry after :)

Mark Pearce

Tony Muldoon served as an able assistant to me in Kent and deserves a crack at defending the trophy for GB&I.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Robin_Hiseman

I second Mark's nomination.  I had a go at Painswick.  Tony will be perfect for ROW.
2024: Royal St. David's(x2); Mill Ride(x7); Milford; Notts; JCB(x2), Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Addington, Parkstone, Denham, Thurlestone, Dartmouth, Rustic Canyon, LACC (North), MPCC (Shore), Cal Club, San Francisco, Epsom, Casa Serena (CZ), Hayling

Robin_Hiseman

Following James Boon's suggestion, I have asked my design colleague Ross McMurray, the designer of the 2010 Ryder Cup Course at Celtic Manor, if he would agree to give us a talk about the creation of the Ryder Cup venue during the dinner at Portcawl on Friday night.  I'm pleased to say he has agreed!  He doesn't think he's going to be able to spare the time for golf, but can I suggest that we at least stump up the cost of his dinner between us?
2024: Royal St. David's(x2); Mill Ride(x7); Milford; Notts; JCB(x2), Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Addington, Parkstone, Denham, Thurlestone, Dartmouth, Rustic Canyon, LACC (North), MPCC (Shore), Cal Club, San Francisco, Epsom, Casa Serena (CZ), Hayling

Ben Stephens

I second Mark's nomination.  I had a go at Painswick.  Tony will be perfect for ROW.

I will now go with Robin and vote for Captain Tony!

Ben Stephens

Following James Boon's suggestion, I have asked my design colleague Ross McMurray, the designer of the 2010 Ryder Cup Course at Celtic Manor, if he would agree to give us a talk about the creation of the Ryder Cup venue during the dinner at Portcawl on Friday night.  I'm pleased to say he has agreed!  He doesn't think he's going to be able to spare the time for golf, but can I suggest that we at least stump up the cost of his dinner between us?

Awesome! It will be very interesting not just a from a golf course design standpoint but also from planning a big event and that preparation the of a complex facility in readiness for the media/TV companies as well as tented village car parking and spectactors.

Robin - any chance that there will be notes written beforehand and that I can have a copy so that I can understand whats going on?

Cheers
Ben 

BTW Terry Matthews' (owner of the Celtic Manor and a big tennis fan) next aim is to build a Tennis Venue to attract the best players at the resort.

Ally Mcintosh

Congrats to Ross for agreeing to do this... Good timing too...

Mark Pearce

Robin,

What a brilliant choice of speaker, given the timing!

Will be a fascinating evening, given some of the comments on Celtic Manor I have seen on here!  Of course we should stump up for his dinner.

Mark
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Ben Stephens

Awesome! It will be very interesting not just a from a golf course design standpoint but also from planning a big event and that preparation the of a complex facility in readiness for the media/TV companies as well as tented village car parking and spectactors.

Robin - any chance that there will be notes written beforehand and that I can have a copy so that I can understand whats going on?

Cheers
Ben 

BTW Terry Matthews' (owner of the Celtic Manor and a big tennis fan) next aim is to build a Tennis Venue to attract the best players at the resort.

I agree we should stump up for his dinner! It takes time and effort to do something like this - I applaud Ross for agreeing to do this

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back