News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean_A

BUDA CUP VIII - 2010: Update
« on: October 09, 2009, 05:19:05 AM »
The indications are that I can organize the following agenda if negotiations for 28 players fall into place.  

Friday 17 Sept: 36 at Royal Porthcawl with lunch £140 (no Ryder Cup jack up) - dinner is a possibility if the group is keen

Saturday 18 Sept: 18 at Pennard in the afternoon - dinner may be available and I am assuming folks would want to stay

Sunday 19 Sept: 36 at Pennard (will likely have to play am 4somes)

* I am looking into the possibility of a match against the club for one of the rounds if people like, but this will likely depend on numbers with a smaller number than 28 being easier to organize.  

** I am looking into the possibility of having a optional game at Clyne on Saturday am for those interested - this could be in a competition.  Indications are that it is likely possible.  It is easy to do as the course is literally less than 10 minutes away from Pennard and on the direct route to Pennard from Porthcawl.  

*** Before people ask, I can't get 36 at Porthcawl on Mondays due to Ladies Day.  

**** Before people ask, I can't get Porthcawl on the 24th because of previously booked Ryder Cup stuff.  

***** Porthcawl has a very serviceable dormie house for those who may be interested in a dinner/piss-up on Friday (which may mean a Saturday sleep in is just as well).  

If this sounds like a trip folks would like to take - let me know.  If the numbers are strong enough I am happy to try and put this together.  My impression is that with the Ryder Cup happening, the sooner we make a move on confirmations the better.

Ciao
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 10:55:16 AM by Sean Arble »
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Robin_Hiseman

Re: BUDA CUP VIII - 2010: A possibility
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 06:08:24 AM »
Sean

A great effort!  Pencil me in for GB&I.
2024: Royal St. David's; Mill Ride; Milford; Notts; JCB, Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Addington, Parkstone, Denham, Thurlestone, Dartmouth, Rustic Canyon, LACC (North), MPCC (Shore), Cal Club, San Francisco

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 06:58:28 AM »
Sean,

I can confirm the RP dormie house is very suitable for an overnighter and the club dinner very worthy.

Can you bell me again I've got a new phone and had trouble transferring the numbers over, I tried to call you yesterday and got a work colleague!

Chappers
Cave Nil Vino

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 06:58:57 AM »
It seems the September time is prevailing over May. I am still hanging on to May

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 08:28:04 AM »
This looks good to me and a weekend event does give me a few more midweek games at other times of the year. ;D 

I could see it in combination with P&K or Southerndown on the Monday for a long weekend and a great time had by all.

Thanks Sean I hope this comes off.  Pennard will be a fantastic venue.

One of the things I have enjoyed about the three BUDA's I've attended is a feeling that winter is coming so lets have a golf fest now whilst there's still time. The courses have been in prime condition and playing as much golf as possible is a blast.  36 a day in different formats - Yes please.  Finishing as it's dark - I'm up for it. Thirsty work golf.

BUDA the last hurrah of summer. ;D

Let's make GCA grate again!

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 08:47:49 AM »
Being a few days earlier and a tad West than this year golf should be possible until 7pm or a minute or two later.
Cave Nil Vino

Bill_McBride

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 08:51:24 AM »
I am a strong tentative.

Pennard is a special experience, but it would not be a bad idea for Sean to arrange for the demolition and rearrangement of #17.  ;)

Brian Phillips

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 09:08:18 AM »
Sean,

Pencil me in for the Rest of the World or GB&I...depending on who wants me. I don't know who I played for in Dornoch but I was not much help I don't think!  Was Dornoch the first one!

Would be great to finally meet you Sean.

Make sure Rainman is not paired with me in any of the matches.

Cheers,

Brian
Bunkers, if they be good bunkers, and bunkers of strong character, refuse to be disregarded, and insist on asserting themselves; they do not mind being avoided, but they decline to be ignored - John Low Concerning Golf

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 09:23:03 AM »
Sean

I second Brian's comment.  My golf bags heavy enough, without having to carry Brian around too.   
2024: Royal St. David's; Mill Ride; Milford; Notts; JCB, Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Addington, Parkstone, Denham, Thurlestone, Dartmouth, Rustic Canyon, LACC (North), MPCC (Shore), Cal Club, San Francisco

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 09:42:26 AM »
Sean - I will be there... it's etched in stone.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Philip Gawith

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 09:46:42 AM »
Sean this is a great plan you have outlined - consider me a starter.

Philip

Jason Topp

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 10:25:06 AM »
I am interested

John Mayhugh

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 10:42:23 AM »
Great plan Sean.

Count me in.

Bryan Izatt

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2009, 11:00:06 AM »
Although I'd like to come, sadly, that weekend is a religious holiday for me.  Too bad it's not possible on the next weekend.  Hopefully Rhic proceeds with the spring meet at Dornoch.

Craig Disher

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 09:55:57 PM »
Sean,
Put me down as a definite attendee.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2009, 02:47:19 AM »
Sean,

Put me down too.  Conrad Gamble has asked me to confirm that he'll be there as well. I think Giles Payne will be but as a newish GCAer he can confirm that for himself.

Mark
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Joe Fairey

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 09:37:13 AM »
Sean....looks great...I am a very strong possibility ...

Giles Payne

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 02:47:58 PM »
I am in as well - I don't want to wish my life away but I am looking forward to it already.

James Boon

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 04:37:47 PM »
I've been away for a while so I have a lot to read back through on the forum, but this was near the top of page 1.

Therefore... Sean, count me in!

I have clearance from my darling wife and so a chance to lose my Buda virginity and my Welsh golfing virginity all in one go is not to be missed.

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Ben Stephens

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2009, 05:25:18 AM »
Hi Sean,

Just been checking with Boony re: potential clash of dates with Architects golf tournament - it seems that it is all clear. Count me in as a Welshman will be glad to be back in the land of my fathers!

I can try to get some tickets for a friday night top level Rugby Union match if Scarlets (Llanelli) or Ospreys (Swansea) are playing at home if anyone is interested, Wales is a rugby mad nation! so show the yanks how collision sport is played properly without protection and true bravery!! LOL

Cheers

Ben

Scott Warren

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2009, 12:27:16 PM »
I am in. It's a fortnight before my stay in the UK ends, so no better way to say bon voyage!

But with all that talk of lost virginities of all types, can I make an early request not to room with Boonie!! ;D

And Ben, a night at the rugby would be awesome, the Welsh play it 'ard too, so it should e fun to watch!

Mark Pearce

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2009, 03:38:36 PM »
Scott,

You're with Giles, Conrad and me.  That's you nobbled.  And a night at the rugby would be good, to explain how much better the English are.....
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Sean_A

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2009, 05:16:54 AM »
Judging by how many hits this thread has I am guessing we have heard from nearly all the folks who are interested in this trip.  Here are the folks have showing an interest:

S Arble
J Boon
J Buehler
M Chaplin
I Dickson
C Disher
S Dodd
J Fairey
C Gamble
P Gawith
R Goodale
R Hiseman
J Kinnear
A Levett
T Lavin
M Malone
J Mayhugh
B McBride
A Mitchel
R Muldoon
T Muldoon
G Payne
M Pearce
B Phillips
B Stephens
J Topp
S Warren
M Whitaker

Given that some on this list won't come and some others will come, I reckon 20 is a decent number to use for preliminary booking.  I will leave it like this for a few more days and see if any more folks come out of the woodwork to tip the balance up before entering into serious negotiations.

Ciao
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 08:58:02 AM by Sean Arble »
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Stan Dodd

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2009, 08:45:46 AM »
Sean,
I will be there.
Cheers
Stan

Bill_McBride

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2009, 01:00:16 PM »
Judging by how many hits this thread has I am guessing we have heard from nearly all the folks who are interested in this trip.  Here are the folks have showing an interest:

S Arble
J Boon
I Dickson
C Disher
S Dodd
J Fairey
C Gamble
P Gawith
R Goodale
M Whitaker
R Hiseman
J Mayhugh
B McBride
A Mitchel
T Muldoon
G Payne
M Pearce
B Phillips
B Stephens
J Topp
S Warren

Given that some on this list won't come and some others will come, I reckon 20 is a decent number to use for preliminary booking.  I will leave it like this for a few more days and see if any more folks come out of the woodwork to tip the balance up before entering into serious negotiations.

Ciao

Joe Buehler will probably come.  John Kinnear (Alwoodley vet) will be interested.  24 is a better number for the matches if you can get the tee times.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back