News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Nick_Christopher

Re: The Spartan Classic at Kingsley
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2009, 11:39:26 PM »
I watched the teams practice on Friday.  It was fun to sit on the deck and watch the players hit four or five balls at different parts of the green to see if they could get them to hold.  They then dropped balls all around the green to practice recovery shots. 

I saw a lot of kids shaking their heads in disbelief at that point.  Obviously, some figured it out, but it was entertaining to see them try to stop it from behind! 

Scott Stearns

Re: The Spartan Classic at Kingsley
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2009, 10:10:10 PM »
I'll go bad on the "spartan classic" 

the spartan anything should be held at Forest Akers, and it should be held in the spring, with ohio state (the only team in the big ten worth anything) in attendance.

i grew up there, and maybe iam old fashioned, but the school deserves better than an away game.

JC Jones

Re: The Spartan Classic at Kingsley New
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2009, 01:09:15 PM »
I'll go bad on the "spartan classic" 

the spartan anything should be held at Forest Akers, and it should be held in the spring, with ohio state (the only team in the big ten worth anything) in attendance.

i grew up there, and maybe iam old fashioned, but the school deserves better than an away game.

As a life long resident of the East Side of Lansing (Save 2 years), as a double alumnus of the institution that I love dearly and as a former employee of Forest Akers Golf Courses, I have absolutely no problem with this or any golf related event being held at another course.

West was marginal at best before they jacked up the routing to make the U-Club the focus, it is even worse now.  I am not familiar with many of the other Big Ten courses but ours is on the opposite side of the spectrum from UofM and OSU.

edit: Furthermore, I for one, am very proud to have my Alma Mater associated with such a phenomenal golf course.  One of the best in the state, if not in the country.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 01:39:28 PM by JC Jones »
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back