News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dieter Jones

Re: GCA BOOMERANG - Five weeks to go!
« Reply #225 on: January 28, 2011, 03:23:29 AM »
Just a reminder, get your merch orders in to Scott if you would like a limited edition Boomerang polo with matching cap (sadly tie and hankerchief not available).

cheers, Dieter
Never argue with an idiot. They will simply bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Terry Thornton

« Reply #226 on: January 28, 2011, 04:45:32 AM »
Terry,

Still waiting for tee time confirmations from a couple of clubs, I will let you know in the next week what my itinerary is when confirmed. We may have a spot for 36 at The National on Tues 1st if you are interested.

Sounds ideal, I have recips at National

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #227 on: January 28, 2011, 04:27:20 PM »
Can i order the Boomerang jacket complete with green and gold stripes!
Cave Nil Vino

Scott Warren

Re: GCA BOOMERANG - How to create the teams?
« Reply #228 on: February 20, 2011, 01:46:38 AM »
All participants should have just received an email about paying their balance for the Barnbougle Dunes accom/golf/dinner. If you didn't get it, let me know.

Now - how to choose teams? Given this is the first year, we don't have the ready-made North v South of the KP or GB/Europe v ROW of the Buda.

The 38 participants are from:

1 Queensland (but could also be branded as Scotland if need be)
13 New South Wales
5 Victoria
2 Tasmania
2 South Australia
2 Western Australia
3 New Zealand
10 United States

Any ideas - preferably with some link (mainland v islands and OS? East Coast Aus v The Rest?)... Shoot!

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #229 on: February 20, 2011, 04:10:22 AM »
38 well done Scott.  There are folks round the world wathcing this INUAGURAL event with great interest.

As a number of the names seem to be new to GCA events can I suggest

Old Lags against The Virgins?

Enjoy
Let's make GCA grate again!

Scott Warren

« Reply #230 on: February 20, 2011, 05:37:01 AM »
Not a bad idea, Tony.

We have a good contingent of non-GCAers and occasional posters coming - could be fun to pit them against those of us who are long-term members and/or frequent posters...

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #231 on: February 20, 2011, 06:09:49 AM »
Scott

Am looking forward to seeing some old acquaintences and meeting some new. Thanks for organising everything.

A slight aside - not many from Vic have put their hand up - esp. given they are so close ? ;)

Another version of play - you also could pit NSW v The rest of Oz v Overseas (eg: NZ + US)

I will be staying in Melbourne from Sunday through Tuesday and can be contacted on 0458 737 093 should anyone want to try and hook up in the evenings. I can also offer any participants a lift to Launceston on the Sunday after the event if need be ?

David_Elvins

« Reply #232 on: February 20, 2011, 04:34:22 PM »

A slight aside - not many from Vic have put their hand up - esp. given they are so close ?

You're a stirrer, Kevin.
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Terry Thornton

« Reply #233 on: February 20, 2011, 04:38:32 PM »

A slight aside - not many from Vic have put their hand up - esp. given they are so close ?

You're a stirrer, Kevin.
David,
you're such a nice bloke we forget you're from Victoria

Terry Thornton

« Reply #234 on: February 20, 2011, 04:42:30 PM »
Terry,

Still waiting for tee time confirmations from a couple of clubs, I will let you know in the next week what my itinerary is when confirmed. We may have a spot for 36 at The National on Tues 1st if you are interested.

Sounds ideal, I have recips at National

Dustin,

any update on this?

Terry

Scott Coan

« Reply #235 on: February 20, 2011, 05:51:07 PM »
The 3 Paraparaumu boys heading over for the Boomerang have room for a fourth at The National for the Mon, Tue, Wed following the event (March 7-9) for any stragglers looking for a game.

See you all soon!

As for the comp, does not look like any clear geographic delineation; perhaps 13 NSW, 5 VIC, 1 QUE vs. the remaining 19 ?

David_Elvins

« Reply #236 on: February 21, 2011, 12:49:14 AM »
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

James Bennett

« Reply #237 on: February 21, 2011, 12:59:51 AM »
Convicts vs 'The Rest'?

ps this would be really funny.  Just imagine NSW and Victoria teaming up together.  LOL

It won't happen, and Terry T - it was an obvious joke.

James B
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 01:08:46 AM by James Bennett »
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Scott Warren

« Reply #238 on: February 21, 2011, 01:36:24 AM »
;D

If NSW and Vic could get together, maybe there'd be some hope for Israel and Palestine?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 02:27:15 AM by Scott Warren »

David_Elvins

« Reply #239 on: February 21, 2011, 02:27:02 AM »
Talking about Vic vs NSW, it looks like the final of the One Day cricket might be between these two teams at the MCG this Sunday. 

If it happens, anyone in town is welcome to come along to the MCC for a drink on Sunday night. 

Scott Warren

« Reply #240 on: February 21, 2011, 02:28:19 AM »
Bugger. I arrive first thing Monday morning.

Brett_Morrissy

« Reply #241 on: February 21, 2011, 03:30:15 AM »
I like JB's

Convicts vs Columbus/ new world

Capt cooks vs Spanish armada...
@theflatsticker

Colin Macqueen

« Reply #242 on: February 21, 2011, 04:27:25 AM »
Scott et al,

"My hearts in the Highlands..." so I guess I should be lumped, in general, with the overseas contingent but there is NO PLACE I'd rather be that in dear old Oz!!!!!

Just to clarify my origins.  Yes I have distinctly Scottish origins, yes I reside in Queensland, yes I have resident status and am allowed to vote, no I have no convict heritage, am I Old World or New World?. As someone who knows not where to hang his hat I suspect the Aussie contingent on recognising such a mixed and humble pedigree will  simply consign me to the dustbin of bastards of which there seems to be an overly large number in Australia. As Bob Dylan said "....pity the poor immigrant"  who with his last ten pounds stumbled onto a VC10 and fetched up on these shores.

Talking about poets will there be a wee bit of   ".....singing the praises"   a la Shivas Irons at this three-course dinner on Friday night. Has anybody else been burning the midnight oil and penning fine doggerel for that evening?

Cheers Colin
"Golf, thou art a gentle sprite, I owe thee much"
The Hielander

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #243 on: February 26, 2011, 04:29:44 AM »
Colin

All I can say is - I hope you dont snore ? ;)

Scott - so have you come up with a plan re: the matches or is it still WIP ?

Scott Warren

« Reply #244 on: February 26, 2011, 08:48:30 PM »
Kevin, I finished the teams and pairings this morning. I will send it out this afternoon.

We ended up with  Aus Mainland v Rest Of World, with you and I honorary ROWers due to your wife being a Pom and me having just returned from living there.

James Bennett

« Reply #245 on: February 26, 2011, 08:57:22 PM »
Kevin, I finished the teams and pairings this morning. I will send it out this afternoon.

We ended up with  Aus Mainland v Rest Of World, with you and I honorary ROWers due to your wife being a Pom and me having just returned from living there.

not convicts vs the rest then....

virtually 'forigners vs Ozzies' - Tasmanians are more tasmanian than Australian, aren't they?

James B

ps just sledging boys... :)
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Scott Warren

« Reply #246 on: February 27, 2011, 01:54:33 AM »
Convicts vs the rest would have been lopsided by 12 to 25 (plus one of our NZers is a Yankee by birth), so Mainland Aus (11 NSW, 5 Vic, 2 SA and 1 WA) vs ROW (11 USA, 2 Tas, 3 NZ, 1 Scotland, 2 ersatz Poms) it is.

Pairings and rooming list will be in everyone's inboxes now. I hope never to do another manual pairing for 37 people over 5 rounds with the aim of ensuring maximum variety in playing partners for all!

Colin Macqueen

« Reply #247 on: February 27, 2011, 05:44:05 AM »
Scott,

Champion stuff.  Well done and many thanks. I will buy you a wee dram, no a very large dram, if that is your penchant.

Cheers Col
"Golf, thou art a gentle sprite, I owe thee much"
The Hielander

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #248 on: February 28, 2011, 04:59:24 AM »

Scott

Thanks for that - an honorary Pom hey ? Bring it on :) Well done on getting this all organised - look forward to seeing everyone on Thursday.

I hear Kyle is certainly getting out and about - how about the rest of the visitors to our shores - how are you finding our courses ?

Terry Thornton

« Reply #249 on: February 28, 2011, 05:44:42 AM »
Played with Kyle yesterday at peninsula, today I believe he jumped a ship and left the country in search of better photographic light, or perhaps less mosquitos. Played with Tyler Ince in Adelaide, Mr Bennett and I strongly advised him against the idea of flying to Perth and driving back, he'll thanks us one day!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back