News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Will Haskett

Housekeeping - IT issue
« on: September 29, 2009, 11:49:15 AM »
As a very infrequent poster, I was wondering if anybody else is experiencing the same problem I am:

When quoting somebody else on here in a message, it obviously drops the html of that quote into the field of my post. But, when I scroll to the bottom to write my text, it automatically reverts back to the top of the field immediately after a key stroke. So, in essence, I am typing without being able to see the words as they are being typed. At the end, I can scroll down and read what I've typed, but if I make one correction, it will shoot me back to the top.

Is anybody else having this problem, and, if so, is there a solution out there?

Kalen Braley

Re: Housekeeping - IT issue
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 11:58:24 AM »
As a very infrequent poster, I was wondering if anybody else is experiencing the same problem I am:

When quoting somebody else on here in a message, it obviously drops the html of that quote into the field of my post. But, when I scroll to the bottom to write my text, it automatically reverts back to the top of the field immediately after a key stroke. So, in essence, I am typing without being able to see the words as they are being typed. At the end, I can scroll down and read what I've typed, but if I make one correction, it will shoot me back to the top.

Is anybody else having this problem, and, if so, is there a solution out there?

Will no problems here.  Which version/make of browser are you using?

I've only noticed similar type of behavoir when i'm changing in and out of various windows, for instance if i'm posting pictures.

Kalen

Phil_the_Author

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 12:16:06 PM »
Will,

This will undoubtedly be the least helpful response you will get on this, but there was a similar question/thread a few months back that dealt with it. The way to fix it was explained and I know it works as it did for me! I'll try to find it, but as computer illiterate as I am, don't holdm your breath waiting!

Hopefully someone else will remember it and know how to find it...

Phil McDade

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 12:23:16 PM »
I noticed it, too -- and Richard Choi had the solution! I'll try to dig it up and find the thread -- as I recall, it's a relatively simple solution, even for non-techies.

Addendeum -- here it is; see Richard's first reply:

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,41186.0/
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 12:24:52 PM by Phil McDade »

Will Haskett

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 01:37:12 PM »
I noticed it, too -- and Richard Choi had the solution! I'll try to dig it up and find the thread -- as I recall, it's a relatively simple solution, even for non-techies.

Addendeum -- here it is; see Richard's first reply:

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,41186.0/

That did it! Muchos Gracias to those that replied.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back