News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill_McBride

Re: Buda 2009 - wash up thread
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2009, 04:51:33 PM »
After the foursomes round at Littlestone, a gathering on the 1st tee.

Standing: Rich Goodale, Ian Dickson, Bill McBride, Andrew Mitchell, Tony Muldoon, Joe Buehler, Mike Malone, Ulrich Mayring, Giles Payne, Joe Fairey, Barry Humphries (Littlestone Captain)
Kneeling: Mike Whitaker, Conrad Gamble, Mark Pearce, Craig Disher, Joseph Fairey

Real men wear pink!

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2009, 01:03:14 AM »

Standing: Rich Goodale, Ian Dickson, Bill McBride, Andrew Mitchell, Tony Muldoon, Joe Buehler, Mike Malone, Ulrich Mayring, Giles Payne, Joe Fairey, Barry Humphries (Littlestone Captain)
Kneeling: Mike Whitaker, Conrad Gamble, Mark Pearce, Craig Disher, Joseph Fairey

Real men wear pink!

That doesn't mean you must immitate the genuine article. ;)
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2009, 12:48:26 PM »
Nick Leefe and his hole in one at the 4th at Deal
Cave Nil Vino

Scott Warren

Re: Buda 2009 - wash up & hole in one!
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2009, 01:08:57 PM »
Can I please just draw some attention to the Littlestone pic - is that a WHITE J. LINDBURG BELT Andrew Mitchell is wearing?!

John Mayhugh

« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2009, 04:54:55 PM »
Can I please just draw some attention to the Littlestone pic - is that a WHITE J. LINDBURG BELT Andrew Mitchell is wearing?!

They don't make those in my size!

Andrew Mitchell

« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2009, 03:30:20 AM »

Scott
No definitely not, but it could have been a white J Lindeberg belt!

Is this a judgement on my fashion sense?
2014 to date: not actually played anywhere yet!
Still to come: Hollins Hall; Ripon City; Shipley; Perranporth; St Enodoc

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2009, 03:45:10 AM »
Scott - while your here keep an eye on the market for new things that will go down well in Oz. There is a company called Apple doing strange things with computers (like an advanced Casio calculator) it could do well in the future.

Also the Brits are experts in Australian pest control any problems let me know!
Cave Nil Vino

Mark Pearce

« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2009, 04:11:10 AM »
Mark,

Remember that these new computer thingys need that electricity stuff.  Before buying one to take back with him Scott should make sure they have that back home.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2009, 04:27:38 AM »
Surely their sports "stars" have enough hot air to turn the turbines.
Cave Nil Vino

Mark Pearce

« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2009, 05:28:58 AM »
Surely their sports "stars" have enough hot air to turn the turbines.
They have been surprisingly quiet, recently, bar that Shane Warne fella, but he's playing golf in Fife.  Perhaps there's a hot air crisis in Oz?
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Scott Warren

« Reply #110 on: October 02, 2009, 05:42:50 AM »
Get a room, you two!

mike_malone

« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2009, 10:23:01 AM »
  I want to say that the hospitality shown by the UK bunch was outstanding. When not trying to beat our brains out on the golf course they were exceptional in their cordiality. That is BUDA for me.
AKA Mayday

James Bennett

« Reply #112 on: October 03, 2009, 12:38:48 AM »

Looks like Mark Pearce has mixed his coloreds with his (previously white) long golf hose.  Or, he has been taking fashion lessons from Bill Vostinak.

;D

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Scott Warren

« Reply #113 on: October 03, 2009, 06:53:29 AM »
James, what is truly remarkable about Mr Pearce is that he has a Northumberland Golf Club shirt in every colour available and even some they haven't invented yet!

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2009, 06:39:26 PM »
To all Buda participants:

As you may know, we were presented with the Millennium History of Littlestone Golf Club during our recent visit there. The club wanted to show GCA.com appreciation for our visiting and spreading the good word about their course.

Everyone attending this year's event was asked to sign the book. I brought it home to present to Ran Morrissett as we felt the book would be a great addition to Ran's library and a great remembrance of Buda 2009.

Following is the text of the letter that I sent with the book:

Dear Ran,

This year’s Buda Cup was a tremendous success with our group visiting Littlestone Golf Club, Royal St Georges Golf Club and Royal Cinque Ports Golf Club.

During our visit to Littlestone we were presented with a copy of the “Millennium Edition” of the club’s history. In appreciation of GolfClubAtlas.com and the effect it has had on our golfing lives, those of us attending Buda Cup 2009 would like to donate the book to your library.

Inside the book you will find the signatures of everyone who attended this year’s event. We can’t thank you enough for providing us the vessel to pursue our golf passions!

Warmest regards,

Michael Whitaker

Here is the inscription that I had printed and posted onto the inside pages of the book that contained the signatures. I apologize, in advance, if I left anyone's name off the attendees list. I tried to make very sure I included everyone who was there at some point during the event:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 06:41:29 PM by Michael Whitaker »
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2009, 06:44:33 PM »
Following is the text of an email I received from Ran today thanking us for the book:

Michael,

I just received the most FABULOUS addition for my library. I am off on a one week trip now with it tucked in my briefcase but please let everyone know how I very much appreciate the kind and thoughtful gesture. I am delighted the event was such a success and was so well attended.

Cheers,

Ran Morrissett

"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Bill_McBride

« Reply #116 on: October 05, 2009, 06:46:47 PM »
Great job Whitaker!  Another feather in the cap of BUDA!

John Mayhugh

« Reply #117 on: October 05, 2009, 07:07:51 PM »
Thanks Micheal.

Andrew Mitchell

« Reply #118 on: October 06, 2009, 04:49:59 AM »
Thanks for that Michael.  Well done.
2014 to date: not actually played anywhere yet!
Still to come: Hollins Hall; Ripon City; Shipley; Perranporth; St Enodoc

Bob Jenkins

« Reply #119 on: October 06, 2009, 02:34:38 PM »

Michael,

Thank you for this gesture. We had a great time over there which I will never forget. Great new friends (lawyers normally have a lot of difficulty finding friends) and even learned to drink Kummel.

Bob J

Mark Pearce

« Reply #120 on: October 06, 2009, 02:43:11 PM »

(lawyers normally have a lot of difficulty finding friends)
And I thought it was me......

John Mayhugh

« Reply #121 on: October 06, 2009, 02:49:35 PM »
even learned to drink Kummel.

I think I learned NOT to drink Kummel.   ;D
Maybe it's better appreciated on a cold day.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #122 on: October 06, 2009, 03:23:43 PM »

Looks like Mark Pearce has mixed his coloreds with his (previously white) long golf hose.  Or, he has been taking fashion lessons from Bill Vostinak.

;D

James B

Man do you guys make Bill McBride look good.

Anthony

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #123 on: October 06, 2009, 04:34:25 PM »
Bob Jenkins - you never mentioned you were a lawyer!!
Cave Nil Vino

Bob Jenkins

« Reply #124 on: October 06, 2009, 09:27:12 PM »

Mark,

Mark,

I have been shy about it since I was over there and went to Buckingham Palace with my sons in 2005, knocked on the gate and told them I was Queen's Counsel and she was expecting me. No response. They must have thought I was related to Anthony Gray.

Also, travelling with a Kentucky hillbilly on the Buda Trip and he thought Queen's Counsel is something different than you appreciate it to be.

Regards and thank you once again for all of your organizing efforts.

Bob J.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back