News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jay Flemma

Re: how will Harding park play as a match play venue?
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2009, 05:31:36 PM »
This week's GolfWorld magazine has a Presidents Cup preview article by Ron Whitten on Harding:

http://www.golfdigest.com/golfworld/special/presidentscup/2009/golf_harding_park_whitten_1005

Thanks David.  I actually had a great talk with Ron last week about HP.  He played it earlier in the year and then another buddy did as well on media day.  I loive team golf and think the Tour needs more of it.  I'd love to see Europe play ROW as well...
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

David_Tepper

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2009, 05:37:23 PM »
Jay -

It would be nice to see (on any of the tours) a match-play, better ball event played over 3 or 4 days with 32 or 64 teams. If nothing else, it would be really interesting to see which players decide to pair up with which players. 

DT

Jay Flemma

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2009, 05:41:29 PM »
Well I remember back in the 80s Nickllaus saying we had to split the players into Boston, NY, Florida, LA, Vegas, etc..."It's the salvation of the tour" he said in an interview...

I just think it'd be a lot better thna the silly season crap we get.
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

David_Tepper

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2009, 05:44:37 PM »
Jay -

There is the silly season team event between Isleworth and Lake Nona!

DT

Jay Flemma

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2009, 05:49:21 PM »
Jay -

There is the silly season team event between Isleworth and Lake Nona!

DT

The poroblem with that is that it doesn't resonate with the rank and file fan...it just appears to be a bunch of rich privileged guys playing their equally rich privileged friends in a cocktail circuit drink-off.

Like someone said once about the PrezCup..."why did we have to play 3,000 to play guys from Orlando?" (or something like that...)

David_Tepper

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2009, 09:33:44 PM »
At the risk of engaging in a little local boosterism, Harding Park seems to be acquitting itself reasonably well so far. The re-routing of the course is clearly working well. It is remarkable how much longer it (and other courses in this area) always seem to play being so close to the ocean..

Mike Benham

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2009, 04:54:13 PM »
At the risk of engaging in a little local boosterism, Harding Park seems to be acquitting itself reasonably well so far. The re-routing of the course is clearly working well. It is remarkable how much longer it (and other courses in this area) always seem to play being so close to the ocean..

Not sure what tournament you are watching but they are hitting approach shots from locations that I can only dream of ... but then again, I haven't seen the ball bounce and roll like that at Harding since the last drought ...

Complain all you want about regular TV tournaments and how they only show a few groups in action.  With the President's Cup, it seems that they only show PUTTING and very few full swing shots.
"... and I liked the guy ..."

JLahrman

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2009, 05:58:28 PM »
Has anybody here been able to attend the event?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back