News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Young

Golf Magazines
« on: August 27, 2009, 10:13:00 PM »
Will the average person know as much about surgery after reading the Medical Journal or as much about law after reading the Law Review as the golfer would know about golf architecture after reading Golf Digest?   ;D
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Mike_Young

Re: Golf Magazines
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 10:29:28 PM »
Sorry but I have just sat thru two hours of a guy telling me how critical trees have become and how bunkers need to be consistent and nap rooms in locker rooms and all kinds of stuff.....oh and how we need distance...but he had never heard of Merion or Bandon....AND there was no need to argue....

Peter Wagner

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 10:31:25 PM »
Sorry but I have just sat thru two hours of a guy telling me how critical trees have become and how bunkers need to be consistent and nap rooms in locker rooms and all kinds of stuff.....oh and how we need distance...but he had never heard of Merion or Bandon....AND there was no need to argue....

Stuck on a plane with an 'expert'?

Mike_Young

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 10:36:14 PM »

Stuck on a plane with an 'expert'?

Nope..a committee member at my club.....it started as he was asking everyone for a donation for a memorial tree for a newly deceased member.....and I had suggested they like cremate all of the stuff he had left in his locker and throw it on a fairway.....

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 10:40:38 PM »
Mike,

I feel your pain.....

Interesting how the memorial tree concept got going.  Why not a memorial, ah... fertilizer donation or something else?  Surely the average club who loses a beloved member needs something more than more trees, no?
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Mike_Young

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 10:47:34 PM »
Jeff,
What scares me is that I have reached a point at my club where I don't even care to argue or debate.....same supt and family for 45 years...and it just doesn't matter any more.....oh well.....

mike_beene

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 10:49:27 PM »
Tee bench.One of golf's true pleasures.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 10:57:54 PM »

Was that in your grill room at ACC?

Hopefully not trapped in his private plane with a client.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 11:01:20 PM »
Will the average person know as much about surgery after reading the Medical Journal or as much about law after reading the Law Review as the golfer would know about golf architecture after reading Golf Digest?   ;D

Good question Mike. Would the average discussion group member be able to design a golf course? Or even have played Cruden Bay? I did my first root canal after reading chapter 8. Two weeks later I learned how to drain pus  when a root canal goes bad after reading chapter 9. I had three marriages finish in divorce then I suscribed to Cosmopolitain, Red Book, watched Oprah and Dr Phil everyday and now my fourth marriage is great 25 % of the time.

Anthony

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back