News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Charlie Goerges

Re: Could Doak Build a '10' on the Moon?
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2009, 11:44:54 PM »
"Could Tom Doak build a '10' on the Moon?"

What kind of bullshit question and topic is that anyway?

Perhaps, a better and more appropriate question on here would be; "Have the recent participants on GOLFCLUBATLAS.com "completely" lost their way to even post and address a thread subject like this??!!"

TEPaul
The easy answer is "YES"

Jason W, TEP is very clearly being ironic here.
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

John Kirk

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2009, 12:09:36 AM »
Melvyn,

I'm not sure how we got off on this tangent, probably a defensive objection on my part to your criticism of a friend's efforts.  From that standpoint, I apologize; you are entitled to your opinion.  After all, it is a very American satire.

Jason Walker

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2009, 12:11:36 AM »
Charile--

I know.

David_Elvins

« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2009, 12:32:00 AM »
Melvyn Morrow,

Interested in your opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOMaQCOlZqA

What's more offensive, a song with a few F words, or a song that celebrates everything that is great about American Golf?  ;D
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 05:50:38 AM by David_Elvins »
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2009, 06:30:47 AM »

John K

Thank you, however I see no need to apologize – we are just submitting our opinions. 8)

Satire, well maybe, but I certainly do not like the word Mother F----- , I have not come across many women who do >:( 

David E

That IMHO if by far better that the so called tribute to Tom, yet it is certainly about American Golf. As for the great, that is just a matter of opinion and/or culture differences, but I would certainly have no difficulty in saying it is about American Golf. ;)

Melvyn

PCCraig

« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2009, 09:27:30 AM »
While the "Boat" and "Doak" versions share many of the same lyrics...I will admit I laughed at a couple of the lines. And the "shout out" to GCA is great.

I'm waiting for the follow up songs... "I'm on a Dye!", "I'm on a Brauer!", "I'm on a Raynor!", and, of course, "I'm on a Nugent!"  ;D :) ;D :)
H.P.S.

Anthony Butler

« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2009, 09:38:49 AM »
While the "Boat" and "Doak" versions share many of the same lyrics...I will admit I laughed at a couple of the lines. And the "shout out" to GCA is great.

I'm waiting for the follow up songs... "I'm on a Dye!", "I'm on a Brauer!", "I'm on a Raynor!", and, of course, "I'm on a Nugent!"  ;D :) ;D :)
Pat.

Were you serious about your last thought?

Reread the first 5 words of your post–OUT LOUD and you'd agree it doesn't make any sense... at least as a rhyming parody.

arb:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 10:10:07 AM by Anthony Butler »
Next!

Tim Bert

« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2009, 10:33:08 AM »
I listened a few times last night, pieced together some of the excerpts listed here, and got a little feedback from some others that took a listen.  For those of you that don't want to listen at work or can't make out the words, I've posted the consolidated lyrics we have deciphered.  Enjoy!

[Intro]
(Shortayyyy) AWW S**T
GET YOUR STICKS READY IT'S ABOUT TO GO DOWN
EVERYBODY HIT DRIVER OFF THE F**KIN DECK
BUT STAY ON YOUR MOTHERF**IN TOES
WE RUNNIN THIS, LET'S GO

[Chorus]
I'M ON A DOAK (I'm on a Doak)
EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME CAUSE I'M PLAYIN ON A DOAK (Playin on a Doak)
I'M ON A DOAK
TAKE A GOOD HARD LOOK AT THIS MOTHERF**IN DOAK (Doak, Yeah)

I'M ON A DOAK MOTHERF**KER TAKE A LOOK AT ME
PAC DUNES WOULD '10-AND-8' ANY TPC
BUSTIN FIVE-CLUB WIND, WHIPPIN OUT MY COAT
YOU CAN'T STOP ME MOTHERF**KER CAUSE I'M ON A DOAK

TAKE A PICTURE, TRICK (trick) I'M ON A DOAK B***H (bitch)
USE MY GROUND GAME, CAUSE THIS LIE IS SO CRISP (crisp)
ALL YOU OTHER ARCHIES, YOUR WORK SO SLIPPY-SLOPPY
BUILDIN TEMPLATES HOLES EVEN WORSE THAN THE ONES YOU COPIED

I'M RIDIN ON A HIGH, DOIN FLIPS AND S**T
COMPARIN JACK AND ARNIE, REES AND FAZI'S WORK TO THIS
THIS AIN'T THE STRAITS COURSE, THIS IS REAL AS IT GETS
I'M ON A DOAK MOTHERF**KER, THE TOP MINIMALIST

I'M ON A DOAK AND, IT'S FIRM AND FAST MAN
IF YOU RATHER PLAY AN ENGH THEN KISS MY ASS MAN
HE'S THE KING OF THE WORLD, SEES GREENSITES LIKE NEO
SAND HILLS AIN'T S**T NEXT TO BALLYNEAL
{GET THE F**K UP, THIS DOAK IS REAL!!!}

F**K MOUNDS, I'M ON A DOAK, MOTHERF**KER (MOTHERF**KER)
F**K TREES, I CHOP HILLS, MOTHERF**KER (MOTHERF**KER)
I'M ON THE TEE WITH MY BOYS, MOTHERF**KER
THE DOAK LOVERS MAKE NOISE, MOTHERF**KER

KNOWS HOW TO BE OL' C.B. NOW (C.B. NOW)
TEE WIDE OPEN, SEE THE OPTIONS WOW (OPTIONS WOW)
HE COULD BUILD A '10' ON THE MOON SOMEHOW (MOON SOMEHOW)
WITH TOMMY DEEZ, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

[T-Pain]
YEAH, NEVER THOUGHT I'D BE ON A DOAK (Let's Go)
NOW JOINING ROCK CREEK IS MY GOAL (yeah)
SEBONACK~!! LOOK AT ME, OH (B-Boys on deck)
NEVER THOUGHT I'D SEE THE DAY
WE'D SEE ANOTHER NGLA
LIKE ALL HIS POSTS SAY, 'I LOVE GCA!'

[Chorus]
EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME CAUSE I'M PLAYIN ON A DOAK (Whoooa)
I'M ON A DOAK
TAKE A GOOD HARD LOOK AT THIS MOTHERF**KIN DOAK

[T-Pain]
Sha-sha-shorty, shorty
Yeah yeah yeahhh

Adam Clayman

« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2009, 10:53:32 AM »
A critical eye would point out that the term Motherf%$&ER  is sort of an anachronism. The proper term is MothAHF%^$AH.

Coltrain,
 I'd be good for one take. Better check the gate.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 07:29:27 PM by Adam Clayman »
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Anthony Butler

« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2009, 11:06:32 AM »
I listened a few times last night, pieced together some of the excerpts listed here, and got a little feedback from some others that took a listen.  For those of you that don't want to listen at work or can't make out the words, I've posted the consolidated lyrics we have deciphered.  Enjoy!

[Intro]
(Shortayyyy) AWW S**T
GET YOUR STICKS READY IT'S ABOUT TO GO DOWN
EVERYBODY HIT DRIVER OFF THE F**KIN DECK
BUT STAY ON YOUR MOTHERF**IN TOES
WE RUNNIN THIS, LET'S GO

[Chorus]
EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME CAUSE I'M PLAYIN ON A DOAK (Playin on a Doak)
I'M ON A DOAK
TAKE A GOOD HARD LOOK AT THIS MOTHERF**IN DOAK (Doak, Yeah)

I'M ON A DOAK MOTHERF**KER TAKE A LOOK AT ME
PAC DUNES WOULD '10-AND-8' ANY TPC
BUSTIN FIVE-CLUB WIND, WHIPPIN OUT MY COAT
YOU CAN'T STOP ME MOTHERF**KER CAUSE I'M ON A DOAK

TAKE A PICTURE, TRICK (trick) I'M ON A DOAK B***H (bitch)
USE MY GROUND GAME, CAUSE THIS LIE IS SO CRISP (crisp)
ALL YOU OTHER ARCHIES, YOUR WORK SO SLIPPY-SLOPPY
BUILDIN TEMPLATES HOLES EVEN WORSE THAN THE ONES YOU COPIED

I'M RIDIN ON A HIGH, DOIN FLIPS AND S**T
COMPARIN JACK AND ARNIE, REES AND FAZI'S WORK TO THIS
THIS AIN'T THE STRAITS COURSE, THIS IS REAL AS IT GETS
I'M ON A DOAK MOTHERF**KER, THE TOP MINIMALIST

I'M ON A DOAK AND, IT'S FIRM AND FAST MAN
IF YOU RATHER PLAY AN ENGH THEN KISS MY ASS MAN
HE'S THE KING OF THE WORLD, SEES GREENSITES LIKE NEO
SAND HILLS AIN'T S**T NEXT TO BALLYNEAL
{GET THE F**K UP, THIS DOAK IS REAL!!!}

F**K MOUNDS, I'M ON A DOAK, MOTHERF**KER (MOTHERF**KER)
F**K TREES, I CHOP HILLS, MOTHERF**KER (MOTHERF**KER)
I'M ON THE TEE WITH MY BOYS, MOTHERF**KER
THE DOAK LOVERS MAKE NOISE, MOTHERF**KER

KNOWS HOW TO BE OL' C.B. NOW (C.B. NOW)
TEE WIDE OPEN, SEE THE OPTIONS WOW (OPTIONS WOW)
HE COULD BUILD A '10' ON THE MOON SOMEHOW (MOON SOMEHOW)
WITH TOMMY DEEZ, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

[T-Pain]
YEAH, NEVER THOUGHT I'D BE ON A DOAK (Let's Go)
NOW JOINING ROCK CREEK IS MY GOAL (yeah)
SEBONACK~!! LOOK AT ME, OH (B-Boys on deck)
NEVER THOUGHT I'D SEE THE DAY
WE'D SEE ANOTHER NGLA
LIKE ALL HIS POSTS SAY, 'I LOVE GCA!'

[Chorus]
EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME CAUSE I'M PLAYIN ON A DOAK (Whoooa)
I'M ON A DOAK
TAKE A GOOD HARD LOOK AT THIS MOTHERF**KIN DOAK

[T-Pain]
Sha-sha-shorty, shorty
Yeah yeah yeahhh

The lyrics are actually a Doak 8 once you see them. The important question isn't, of course, whether Tom Doak likes rap, but whether Andy Samberg plays golf...  :)

Shouldn't they have also done the prequel, when they decide who's going to be in their foursome? I'm going take to Bill, Ben and... TPain!
Next!

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2009, 11:10:01 AM »

Tim

Go out at night and have fun, get a life and enjoy yourself. Why waste a moment listening to this (c)rap. ???

Is your life that boring, meaningless and depressive that you have time to listen to that so called tribute to poor Tom. :'(

Never will understand the American Culture or is it your youth that have given up with your own culture and history for rap?

Melvyn

Richard Choi

« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2009, 11:19:34 AM »
Never will understand the American Culture or is it your youth that have given up with your own culture and history for rap?

That is because the current American Culture is not designed for you. It would actually be pretty pathetic if "American Culture" was to your taste as that means that US is REALLY on the decline. This is the country that rubbed Jazz in the face of classical music, Rock N' Roll'ed jazz to the curve, brought the flower to power with Woodstock, out dirtied hippies with grunge, and hit the world in the eye with the power of rap. It is aimed for the youths of the world and reflect their taste and sensibilities. And it is the culture that dominates the music and movie scenes world wide over - All yous Transformer and Britney fans say WAT! WAT!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 11:22:31 AM by Richard Choi »

Richard Choi

« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2009, 11:21:46 AM »
double post...

Tim Bert

« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2009, 11:27:17 AM »
Melvyn - If I'm not mistaken you posted this in direct response to me jumping in on a thread I didn't care for less than a month ago - AND MY COMMENTS ON THAT THREAD WEREN'T EVEN DIRECTED AT YOU!!!

Tim, you need not respond, like the TV remote you just need to click on by to another topic if you feel others are not doing what you want. Like you, they too have a choice.

And now you chime in with this???  Please do us all a favor and hold yourself to the same standard that you set for others.

Tim

Go out at night and have fun, get a life and enjoy yourself. Why waste a moment listening to this (c)rap. ???

Is your life that boring, meaningless and depressive that you have time to listen to that so called tribute to poor Tom. :'(

Melvyn

PS - I did rather enjoy myself listening to this tune - thanks for your concern!  Which is worse?  The guy that spends 5 minutes of his time listening to an amusing, creative parody or the guy that finds "excitement" and "meaning" by constantly criticizing others and demeaning cultural differences.  Perhaps you could email me some jpeg's or pdf's with the list of previous British Open winners to help me overcome my depression.

Doug Wright

« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2009, 11:31:38 AM »
This is f*#&%ing hilarious!  It helps to have watched the SNL "I'm on a Boat" clip, which is really funny too IMO.

I'm going to share this with my wife (who likes the SNL "Boat" clip) and wait for the Blank Stare. Ooops wrong thread....

PS I'm not a big fan of Rap and the related gansta culture. However, this and "Boat" are funny. Hard to believe something as silly and innocuous as this can be so f*#&%ing controversial on this website. As I think the (now bankrupt) Readers Digest says (or at least used to say), Laughter is the best medicine.
Twitter: @Deneuchre

Scott Warren

« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2009, 11:33:13 AM »
I listened a few times last night, pieced together some of the excerpts listed here, and got a little feedback from some others that took a listen.  For those of you that don't want to listen at work or can't make out the words, I've posted the consolidated lyrics we have deciphered.  Enjoy!

Brilliant. I absolutely love I'm On A Boat. This is brilliant.

Melvyn, I am an Australian living in the UK and I love rap music and this song. I love laughing, and both TLIs original and this parody are funny as hell, IMO. Not all negative issues can just be slapped with an AMERICAN sticker.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 11:38:46 AM by Scott Warren »

Joe Hancock

« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2009, 11:35:28 AM »
What has become of discretion?

If some want to enjoy a parody, let them. There is no need to interject negative criticism every time one is turned off by something. Exercise some discretion in the fights to pick.

Submitted while acknowledging the irony of my post,

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2009, 11:36:43 AM »
Richard

I think you are right, rap represents the New Age of Ignorance, of Zombie Mentality and rule by the lowest common dominator – a real new age of decline. Richard like new culture but is there any future. ;)

Melvyn

Tim

I jest, do not take it seriously ;D

Melvyn

PCCraig

« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2009, 11:40:25 AM »
I think Melvyn is just pissed that Old Tom doesn't have a rap song.
H.P.S.

Jim Colton

« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2009, 11:41:20 AM »
Aren't we getting a little bent out of shape about the medium here?  Maybe somebody could take the same line of thinking to write a parody 'In My Opinion' piece that expressed many of the same views in the lyrics, only without the F'bombs.  I doubt it would have the same impact though.

Seems to me the intent was a light-hearted poke on one or all the following fronts:

A. An extreme view of how the Doak followers view Tom and his work
 B. A slightly-less extreme view on what non-B-Boys think goes on inside the heads of the so-called B-Boys
 C. A small ribbing at Tom to celebrate his 10,000th post and everything he brings to GCA

Not sure if it succeeds on all levels, but one thing I do know is I will never look at the word 'Sebonack' the same way again.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 11:46:57 AM by Jim Colton »

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2009, 11:46:17 AM »

Pat

Great to hear from you again. This site is never the same without your little comments about Old Tom. For once you may be right, that could explain it, but then come to think of it, no sorry, wrong again, but no doubt you will keep trying.

Melvyn

PCCraig

« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2009, 11:51:17 AM »

Pat

Great to hear from you again. This site is never the same without your little comments about Old Tom. For once you may be right, that could explain it, but then come to think of it, no sorry, wrong again, but no doubt you will keep trying.

Melvyn

Melvyn-

If Old Tom Morris returned to earth body and soul and decided his true calling was not Golf, but rapping, would Young Tom return as well in order to rock the turn tables behind him?
H.P.S.

Michael Dugger

« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2009, 11:52:22 AM »
gawd yer crusty Melvyn....

The world is a changin', brutha, it's the only constant we know.
What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

Anthony Gray

« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2009, 12:14:52 PM »

Remember when those guys won an Oscar for "It's hard out there being a pimp"? It's a new world.

Anthony

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2009, 12:18:40 PM »

Pat 

We will never know the answer.

Michael

I love it when some say the world is a changing, yet enjoy playing old golf courses and will happily travel long distances for that singular purpose. Perhaps the world is not a changing as fast as some may wish.
Michael, love the Australian accent, how are you with our native tongue?   

Melvyn

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back